Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Concerning deficiencies in many areas, including QB. Our special teams was ordinary today too which didn't help.

The usual suspects will point to Manning and cold/wet weather but some of his reads were off too, or the receivers let him down. Either way it's not what we want to see going into the playoffs. I've been happy with our attention to the running game in recent weeks, even if it has do with poor O-line protection, but we need balance and need to improve on both fronts. The defence too had some awful mis-tackles.. thoughts on where we're at heading into the playoffs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerning deficiencies in many areas, including QB. Our special teams was ordinary today too which didn't help.

The usual suspects will point to Manning and cold/wet weather but some of his reads were off too, or the receivers let him down. Either way it's not what we want to see going into the playoffs. I've been happy with our attention to the running game in recent weeks, even if it has do with poor O-line protection, but we need balance and need to improve on both fronts. The defence too had some awful mis-tackles.. thoughts on where we're at heading into the playoffs?
Who ******* knows, seriously?

Part of me thinks we'll see the common, classic situation where a team comes from nowhere and just blitzes the playoffs, the other part thinks we'll just fall and crumble...

Truth is we're a flakey team at the moment but we're still capable of anything. I'm feeling deja vu to our loss to the 49ers in '97 around the same time. I was convinced we'd blown our season (remember the loss in KC to a long Stoyanavich FG that cost us the division and led to the wildcard?). If we somehow get hot again, anything is possible. I'm certain we'll be in the AFC CG in Foxboro. As long as we don't get Vinovich's crew again.

I'm not blaming refs for the loss yesterday but just curious:

When did simultaneous possession start going to the defence? How can that ever be "the ruling on the field" when the defender never had clear possession?
When the closest ref with the clearest view doesn't throw a flag, how does a receiver get done for a facemask with the most fleeting of contact?
When the closest ref with the clearest view signals incomplete (presumably because he saw the ball moving), how does the "ruling on the field" become a completed interception?

I know there's swings and roundabouts but as a Broncos, Liverpool and Victory supporter I've developed a pathological hatred of anyone with a whistle or flag in recent weeks.

At the end of the day the Clady hold was because he lost position, I'm not gonna let him off because for someone his caliber it's not acceptable (although it will inevitably happen from time to time), but he isn't just going to let his QB get hit, so he'll take a chance

But Wolfe is a ******* dick

temp2822649Hays-13--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

oh boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back