choppy

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2001
Not the Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Now that I've got your attention does anyone have any sort of news, no matter how trivial. This would be the worst time of the year. An absolute football news drought.

Anything......... players, administration, rumours, drafting, financial position.......

Someone please tell me some news......................please

Originally posted by choppy
Someone please tell me some news......................please

Choppy,

Well, I don't know if you are married or anything, but use this time wisely to paint the house, re-do the garden, clean out the guttering and all those household chores that you put off during footy season.

cheers

Agreed Choppy,this is the worst time. TheAge sports section didn't have one word on footy a couple of days ago. I mean,my god!! Apart from waiting to see whether Sav will put his x somewhere,I've heard a couple of things about North. although they're about to announce a trading loss of around $500k this doesn't include the Vice -Presidents and some other amounts totallin $900k so we may have actually made a "technical" profit. Unconfirmed of course. I also heard a replay of an interview with one W.Carey from 5AA and apparently he is running at training for the first time in almost 2 years. Very fit so I'm told. Maybe opposition reports of his demise are a tad premature! Apart from that, I'm anxiously waiting hilly's selections in the phantom draft. For #7 hilly you've gotta consider Barry Brooks, Richard Cole,Xavier Clarke and David Hale (with or without pace!).

Originally posted by Groucho
. although they're about to announce a trading loss of around $500k this doesn't include the Vice -Presidents and some other amounts totallin $900k so we may have actually made a "technical" profit. Unconfirmed of course.

This would be good news if true. I was thinking the other day, with the salary cap around 5.5 million and our income around 13 million what is the rest of the money spent on.

I was under the impression that jumpers and training gear was sponsored by Russell, all flights are payed for by Ansett and the AFL, where does the rest of the money go.:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Did you hear the latest rumour?

Originally posted by Aussie_Roo

Choppy,

Well, I don't know if you are married or anything, but use this time wisely to paint the house, re-do the garden, clean out the guttering and all those household chores that you put off during footy season.

cheers

I've repainted the spouting on the house and are in the process of putting in a new kitchen, well actually that doesn't take me any time because i'm getting someone else to do it, but bloody hell its an absolute drought.

Wouldn't we have restarted pre season training by now. Can anyone tell if Brady Rawlings has found his way to the gym, has Sav Rocca resigned, is Colbert over his knee, how is Stevo's knee for that matter, speaking of gyms has David Bourke found it yet.

I also heard a replay of an interview with one W.Carey from 5AA and apparently he is running at training for the first time in almost 2 years. Very fit so I'm told. Maybe opposition reports of his demise are a tad premature!

Actually, we've been a bit spoilt over here in Adelaide of recent weeks as far as interviews on 5AA goes.

I heard Carey's interview while driving home from work the other day....What Groucho says is correct as far as Waynes comments about his fitness goes. Apparently he had not much of a pre season last year , was frustrated with his own performance and is raring to go this year.

When put on the spot about Mick's future , Wayne coyly remarked
that he expected Mick to be playing again next year.

He also had a bit to say about loyalty between players /clubs and vice verda

McKernan was on a few weeks ago and whilst most of the talk was about his new team, Corey let it be known that he has no ill feeling or bears no grudge against North. In fact , he said the decision to leave was one of the hardest he has had to make.

He has nothing but praise and respect for everyone at North.

Kingy was on prior to the International Rules Match , most of the interview was about that game.

Denis Pagan was on last Sunday afternoon..However Denis plays his cards pretty close to his chest and spoke generally about things such as training , the feeling of being out of the finals ,last years form and of course , horse racing.

Hope this helps the withdrawal pangs Choppy.....If not , get a copy of season94 highlights or something of a similar vein. Reminisce Mick's big spoil on one Sav Rocca (cost Mick about 3 weeks suspension I think) , Alex Ischenko , a fairly young Horse kicking big bags , McAdam shoving the ball into opposition player's faces......No 18 also played some fine games as well.

I'm anxiously waiting hilly's selections in the phantom draft. For #7 hilly you've gotta consider Barry Brooks, Richard Cole,Xavier Clarke and David Hale (with or without pace!).

You're thoughts have been duly noted groucho ;)

Originally posted by hurricane
Hilly, what about Sam Power at no 7? A tall running defender with 'a left foot like a scalpel'... sounds like it fits the bill...

He's in my notes Hurricane but to be honest I'm not a huge fan. Maybe......if he's available in later rounds.

Passmore,

I think there's plenty of good talls to go around, despite what has been reported. I have a similar strategy to the one you just described, but I am basically set on the number 7 pick.....the 14 pick will largely rely upon what preceeds that selection

Originally posted by Cororoo

Actually, we've been a bit spoilt over here in Adelaide of recent weeks as far as interviews on 5AA goes.

I heard Carey's interview while driving home from work the other day....What Groucho says is correct as far as Waynes comments about his fitness goes. Apparently he had not much of a pre season last year , was frustrated with his own performance and is raring to go this year.

When put on the spot about Mick's future , Wayne coyly remarked
that he expected Mick to be playing again next year.

He also had a bit to say about loyalty between players /clubs and vice verda

McKernan was on a few weeks ago and whilst most of the talk was about his new team, Corey let it be known that he has no ill feeling or bears no grudge against North. In fact , he said the decision to leave was one of the hardest he has had to make.

He has nothing but praise and respect for everyone at North.

Kingy was on prior to the International Rules Match , most of the interview was about that game.

Denis Pagan was on last Sunday afternoon..However Denis plays his cards pretty close to his chest and spoke generally about things such as training , the feeling of being out of the finals ,last years form and of course , horse racing.

Hope this helps the withdrawal pangs Choppy.....If not , get a copy of season94 highlights or something of a similar vein. Reminisce Mick's big spoil on one Sav Rocca (cost Mick about 3 weeks suspension I think) , Alex Ischenko , a fairly young Horse kicking big bags , McAdam shoving the ball into opposition player's faces......No 18 also played some fine games as well.

Ahhhhh....at last some North news.....
Thanks for the info Cororoo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back