Diner owner screams at crying toddler - about time

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha wtf, we're talking 2 years old here, right, they probably don't even know wtf it is that you just put in front of them. You'd be lucky she doesn't throw it up in the air like a ball and it shatters on the ground and your money's gone
Sorry, but you're completely wrong there. Kids are becoming increasingly competent users of mobile devices before they can even walk. You might think I'm exaggerating but I'm really not. They grow up with them as part of their natural environment now.

Sorry, but you're completely wrong there. Kids are becoming increasingly competent users of mobile devices before they can even walk. You might think I'm exaggerating but I'm really not. They grow up with them as part of their natural environment now.

My niece is 2 and literally just punches or throws hers, maybe she's just not very bright

My niece is 2 and literally just punches or throws hers, maybe she's just not very bright
Could be. It's obviously not across the board, but you'll find plenty of kids aged 12-18 months who can operate a device and find their favourite video to watch. It's just something they are now being born into.

Not wise to give a two year old kid a tablet.

And not a wise idea to go to a restaurant/diner where you have to wait for a seat, plus wait a significant amount of time for your order. Even for the middle class hipster parents from Fitzroy, Subiaco or Surry Hills fast food outlets are often the case of better the devil you know.

Although the known chip-on-shoulder over parents with kids from some on here like to make me think the other way.

Meh. I've yelled at kids and parents in the supermarket when the kid screams over and over and over without the parents doing much of anything to prevent it.

My kid very rarely screams when we are out, but on the odd occasion she does, if we can't settle her quickly, we take her outside. It's not hard to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be. It's obviously not across the board, but you'll find plenty of kids aged 12-18 months who can operate a device and find their favourite video to watch. It's just something they are now being born into.

My daughter turned 1 earlier this month. She already knows how to get Mums phone unlocked and open things on it.

Refreshing to see a diner/cafe/restaurant owner giving it to irresponsible parents and their crying brat for annoying everyone else.
No, they pleaded with the parents, then screamed at the child. Why not scream at the parents? Oh that's right: the child can't twat you one.

Child is more likely to listen.

Why? The child isn't even matured yet to be properly reasoned with, unlike the parents

If you rephrase it to "Child is more likely to be intimidated", then yeah sure, yelling to scare him would make him submit and "listen", but that's kinda stupid

Why? The child isn't even matured yet to be properly reasoned with, unlike the parents

If you rephrase it to "Child is more likely to be intimidated", then yeah sure, yelling to scare him would make him submit and "listen", but that's kinda stupid

I'm quite sure she didn't get right in the kids grill. It doesn't take that much, and thats what annoys independent parties.

I'm quite sure she didn't get right in the kids grill. It doesn't take that much, and thats what annoys independent parties.

I'm sure she didn't need to either. She could've easily refuse to serve the family unless the child quiets down, but instead goes with the slam the table caveman method, after 40 mins. Talk about crap problem solving skills

For all the brave people in this thread advocating basically bollocking the child when there are plenty of other solutions out there, seems to have some deep seeded problems

I'm sure that would of gone down well

Because yelling or whatever at the kid goes down even better

Refusing to serve a family that's disturbing others, what's wrong with that? The parents might be dicks and complain, but do you seriously think it's a lesser solution than keeping them there and yelling at the kid? Wow

Unless you are a (hands-on) parent and have experienced the highs and desperate lows of being one, you have no place giving parenting advice to anyone.

I honestly don't understand what's wrong with yelling at the kid?

Surley its an effective, non violent way for them to learn that their actions have consequences, and can lead to them being able to act appropriatly in public?

The parents allowing them to throw an indefinite tantrum are the ones doing the psychological damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back