Discontinued brands of food, what were your favorites that aren't available anymore?.

Remove this Banner Ad

imagesvw2.jpg

If anyone has tried a winner taco they'll agree with me that they were one of the best ice creams you'll ever have eaten.

Wafer taco, filled with vanilla ice cream, injected with caramel, topped off with chocolate. Pure bliss.

They sold them for 50c at lunch time when i was at high school and they sold out in the first 15 minutes.

Big Macs that were actually BIG, at least bigger than a little kiddie's Ronald McDonald burger or whatever it is

Seriously though:

- Pop Tarts
- Dr Pepper
- Western's Wagon Wheels
- and these chips they came in cheese and bbq flavour and they were real good the names on the tip of my tongue

-burger men
-tasty toobs

remember the australia from the 80s/90s? god i miss it. i was too f*cking young to appreciate it...

R.I.P Australia that we love to remember

1970s-1999
Amen to that mate oh mate Wagon wheels still exist I saw them not long ago.

Chickadees chicken snacks. Shaped like a chicken.

Chupa Chops that had bubblegum balls in the middle. Used to be soccer balls, baseballs, basketballs etc.

Melody Pops. They are still around but pretty hard to find. Used to like them better than Chupa Chops.

The Orignal CC's. Before they came up with different flavours. I still crave for the taste of the original CC's.

There used to be this packet Carbonara pasta sauce which my mum used to get. Used to be devine. Then they stopped making it...cant remember what brand it was though.

Ruffles chips.

Melody Pops. They are still around but pretty hard to find. Used to like them better than Chupa Chops.

You can get those at Coles. They are hard to find but they are found with the lollies at the end of the check outs - if you go to the lolly aisle, they won't be there.

imagesvw2.jpg

If anyone has tried a winner taco they'll agree with me that they were one of the best ice creams you'll ever have eaten.

Wafer taco, filled with vanilla ice cream, injected with caramel, topped off with chocolate. Pure bliss.

They sold them for 50c at lunch time when i was at high school and they sold out in the first 15 minutes.
We have a winner!

Something I miss about the 80s/90s is TV.

Maybe we should start a thread on that?

Axe:

David Tench
Big Brother
Australian Idol

and reality TV/american crap

Bring Back:

Australian Gladiators
Full Frontal
Those footy shows on free-to-air
etc.

What I'd give to live in a time with good Australian TV, crap picture quality, "news hair", pop tarts, no internet, the Footy being better, Pop-Tarts etc.

No pregnant 10 year olds or little kids bashing each other and spraypainting "tags" and crap.

I hate today's society. I want to go back 30 years...

They're back;)
Praise the Lord!

We have a winner!

Something I miss about the 80s/90s is TV.

Maybe we should start a thread on that?

Axe:

David Tench
Big Brother
Australian Idol

and reality TV/american crap

Bring Back:

Australian Gladiators
Full Frontal
Those footy shows on free-to-air
etc.

What I'd give to live in a time with good Australian TV, crap picture quality, "news hair", pop tarts, no internet, the Footy being better, Pop-Tarts etc.

No pregnant 10 year olds or little kids bashing each other and spraypainting "tags" and crap.

I hate today's society. I want to go back 30 years...

Praise the Lord!
Would love to see GLadiators back.
What a funny show that was.:thumbsu:

Anyone remember those Mar Bars with marshmallow in them. What were they called?. Cant believe they got rid of them. They were awesome :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another schoolyard snack I remember was manufactured by Uncle Toby's in the mid-late 1990s. It came in a couple of flavours but the most popular was the one that came in a green packet that had a chocolate monster on the front. The actual food was a parcel of wheat with a hazelnut-chocolate filling. I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.
dunkaroos

anyway someone make a thread with foods you are glad to see the back of
pepsi blue for mine

What was that thing we used to eat back in the day? What was it...

oh yeah, pussy.
Nah I'd Prefer a footlong dog anyday of the week:D ..........I'm talking about hotdogs honest ;):D
Speaking of which does anyone remember " Not Dogs" they were the Vegitarian's hotdog. I did'nt like them they were gross:eek:

Do they still make the snips/razz/sunny boy's? I have been buying the sunny boy cordials of late, especially the lime ones which are great.

Also another one i miss is a burger from mcdonalds called 'The Big One'. It was this really big burger,bout the same size as a quarter pounder but had this special sauce and all the salads etc. You always had to wait bout 5 minutes for one whenever you ordered.

Ranieri ( i think thats how it was spelt) ice cream, used to come in a butterscotch flavour, with this huge swirl of caramel running through it. Used to cost a bit, but it was the best. Havent seen it around in ages.

When I was a kid, (1960's) you could get a soft drink called Tresca, had a good citrus flavour.

Tosca chocolate bars

The original Kraft tins of Braised Steak & Onions, yes I know, they still sell it, but it does not taste anything like it did in the 1970's & 80's.

Snip style ice creams/ice blocks. You can buy chocolate milk flavoured Swing now, but back in the old days you could get the chocolate, strawberry & banana milk ones, and orange & raspberry frozen ice ones.

Weetbix with sultanas in them.

When I was a kid, (1960's) you could get a soft drink called Tresca, had a good citrus flavour.

Tosca chocolate bars

The original Kraft tins of Braised Steak & Onions, yes I know, they still sell it, but it does not taste anything like it did in the 1970's & 80's.

Snip style ice creams/ice blocks. You can buy chocolate milk flavoured Swing now, but back in the old days you could get the chocolate, strawberry & banana milk ones, and orange & raspberry frozen ice ones.

Weetbix with sultanas in them.

Kraft Braised Steak & Onions the stuff they make now tastes like ******** I think it would be better served as dog food IMO I hope it tasted better in the day.

Kraft Braised Steak & Onions the stuff they make now tastes like ******** I think it would be better served as dog food IMO I hope it tasted better in the day.

It tastes ok. Great in a jaffel.

Ricecream was one of my favourite things to eat.
They don't sell it in supermarkets anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back