Div 3 thread 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm my own post is true and accurate.

Correct Warrandyte declined. Suggestion more clubs are likely to enter in 2023. So for season 2022 relegation and promotion will be the standard 1 up 1 down.

So you are suggesting 1 up 1 down for season 2022 which would mean I presume that Premier would remain a 12 team grade if all this gets passed and no new teams could start in Premier in 2023.I might be a little old fashioned but to get promoted with our current clubs I would rather do it the hard way and win a flag first but I understand East Burwood being promoted this season and they backed that up with on and off field performances this season.

Bye East Burwood.

East Burwood to Div 2
Park Orchards to Premier

Vote to let in Oakleigh Districts to Div 2 an Beaconsfield to Div 1 with this structure

Premier - 12 teams
Div 1 - 10 teams
Div 2 - 10 teams
Div 3 - 9 teams
Div 4 - 7 teams
Lets see what happens with the vote. We know what happened with the initial Berwick vote. Lower divisions didn’t want a bar of them going into anything aside from Premier.

Only a vote to put Berwick into Premier got through, although some clubs are far from convinced that actually got through…….

It is interesting when you consider Heidelberg. They are far more East than some of these others.

I think elevating Park Orchards and East Burwood was part of the strategy to make the divisions so maybe meaning clubs would be more likley to vote teams in to even up those divisions. However East Burwood and Park Orchards will remain in their higher divisions regardless of whether Beaconsfield and Oakleigh come in.

I think elevating Park Orchards and East Burwood was part of the strategy to make the divisions so maybe meaning clubs would be more likley to vote teams in to even up those divisions. However East Burwood and Park Orchards will remain in their higher divisions regardless of whether Beaconsfield and Oakleigh come in.

So why would you promote Park Orchards and East Burwood if these new teams are not voted in.Surely you would vote in order,Beaconsfield in or out then Oakleigh Districts in or out.THEN if 1 or both are voted in you would look at Park Orchards and East Burwood being promoted.Should be an interesting meeting.

Lets see what happens with the vote. We know what happened with the initial Berwick vote. Lower divisions didn’t want a bar of them going into anything aside from Premier.

Only a vote to put Berwick into Premier got through, although some clubs are far from convinced that actually got through…….

It is interesting when you consider Heidelberg. They are far more East than some of these others.

It’s going back a long way (2007?) so things may well have changed but as I said, I remember being told at the time (by somebody at the league) that AFL Vic had no interest in the metro leagues gobbling each other up, and that “the EFL has the Yarra to the Monash”. Hence they blocked Heidelberg and this bloke also said that had it not been done before AFL Vic were established, Noble Park wouldn’t be in the EFL either.

Looking at a map it’s largely right, though there’s a few exceptions on the Monash such as East Malvern and Ashwood, and Endeavour Hills.

I guess it kinda also rings true if you extend out further along the Princess Fwy with Berwick and Beaconsfield. They’re north of it so I guess you could make an argument for them being east. Everybody may be happy for it to happen as these clubs have been a big problem for many years as they look for a competitive home.

Oakleigh Districts is south on any measure so that will be the interesting one. If that gets thru then it’s open slather you’d think and the EFL will be hitting up plenty of other clubs.

Bye East Burwood.

East Burwood to Div 2
Park Orchards to Premier

Vote to let in Oakleigh Districts to Div 2 an Beaconsfield to Div 1 with this structure

Premier - 12 teams
Div 1 - 10 teams
Div 2 - 10 teams
Div 3 - 9 teams
Div 4 - 7 teams

adock's mail is good. Bit bizarre, you'd think there'd be reasons for the move.

Southern bombshell: Oakleigh District applies to join the Eastern league
Southern league mainstay Oakleigh District has made a bid to switch to go to the Eastern Football Netball League.

Southern Football Netball League mainstay Oakleigh District has applied to join the Eastern league.

The Oaks, who finished second-bottom in Division 1 this year with a 1-11 record, surprised SFNL officials with their decision to look to Eastern.

“We’ve only been made aware in the last 48 hours … so we’ll be looking to meet with Oakleigh District to understand the situation better,’’ Southern CEO Lee Hartman said this afternoon.

He said he had “no idea’’ it was in the works.

It’s believed Eastern is proposing to put the Oaks into Division 2, its third tier, if they are accepted.

Eastern clubs will vote on the affiliation bids of 2021 AFL Outer East Premier ladder leader Beaconsfield – tipped to start in Division 1 – and Oakleigh District late in the month.

District president Miles Jones confirmed the club had applied to join Eastern, adding the move was “still in the very early stages’’.

“We’re in the early part of it,’’ he said. “See how we go.’’

Asked why the club was looking to transfer leagues, Jones said: “I don’t think it’s necessary to answer that one at this stage. It’s still in the early stages, as I say. We have made an application as the first stage of this process. We’ll wait and see how it eventuates.’’

Don't think so Bob, I can't find the photo of the chicken and ...............
EB Division 4 to 3, Division 3 to 2, and not a flag to show for it. Bring the whinging on.

Just put them into Premier and get it over & done with. You lied Cliff or is that that trump card for a premier push in 2023 🤣.

Will their be premiership/promotion reunions at the Rams for 2020 & 2021 in years to come?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just put them into Premier and get it over & done with. You lied Cliff or is that that trump card for a premier push in 2023 🤣.

Will their be premiership/promotion reunions at the Rams for 2020 & 2021 in years to come?
Told you I had an idea of where the photo was Bob. For 2020 & 2021 a chook raffle will be sufficient.

Bye East Burwood.

East Burwood to Div 2
Park Orchards to Premier

Premier - 12 teams
Div 1 - 10 teams
Div 2 - 10 teams
Div 3 - 9 teams
Div 4 - 7 teams
Thanks for the early info, you were spot on.

Good to see Park Orchards have a crack at premier, i honestly think they will do well. Best team we played this year.

I'm genuinely taken aback by the quotes in the article from the Oakleigh Districts president.

District president Miles Jones confirmed the club had applied to join Eastern, adding the move was “still in the very early stages’’.

Asked why the league change was happening he responded “I don’t think it’s necessary to answer that one at this stage. It’s still in the early stages, as I say. We have made an application as the first stage of this process. We’ll wait and see how it eventuates.’’

Reading their facebook page, it seems their supporters had no idea about it and cant seem to get any answers about the move. The club should be happy to let people know why they want to make the move and list the reasons. Surely the club as a whole has made the decisions anyway?

Going to be spread out that far it could be called the South, Eastern, Yarra, Northern Football League.

Is an absolute joke,surely all the clubs will vote against letting these teams in.No.1 at the moment is D4 with the 3 sides struggling,the other divisions are pretty competitive.Lets make it 4 div. of 10 and D4 a 6 team grade and forget this one in these difficult times,a 50 team competition should be a long term aim.To get there we do not need these far away clubs but local eastern clubs that perhaps are in the VAFA or bringing in newly formed senior clubs that currently only have juniors at the moment.Eg.Lysterfield.

Is an absolute joke,surely all the clubs will vote against letting these teams in.No.1 at the moment is D4 with the 3 sides struggling,the other divisions are pretty competitive.Lets make it 4 div. of 10 and D4 a 6 team grade and forget this one in these difficult times,a 50 team competition should be a long term aim.To get there we do not need these far away clubs but local eastern clubs that perhaps are in the VAFA or bringing in newly formed senior clubs that currently only have juniors at the moment.Eg.Lysterfield.

As Bob Beecroft said let's just see how the vote goes. Hard to see the D1 and D2 clubs - those directly affected - being for it. By all rights Beaconsfield will be a powerhouse (if not now then the future) and in D2, well it'll go to 10 club divisions at some point and with 32 clubs in the top 3 divisions, 2 or 3 D2 clubs will be getting relegated to D3.

Everybody is trying to work their way up and this will undoubtedly make it harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back