Division 1 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Richie far too good & obviously should have won by more.
The big fella is a freak & comes across as a great guy, even having a friendly chat to me as he was lining up for the final quarter.

We had our worse day of the year today of all days. Too many guys had dirty days, but I will say they did fight it out to their credit & could have pinched even if it would have been unjustified.

Biting my tongue on one particular incident with scores level a few minutes left. Just bizarre, & seriously needs to be looked at. Not holding my breath.

Hope not to see a few officiators for the sake of the remaining final series. If that's the best we can present on a premier day, in a competition that wishes to call itself the best in Melbourne then heaven help the rest of the final series.

Well done Doggies & I hope to see you again later.
Great to win but a very frustrating game for us with so many missed chances. Yep King was fantastic again. What was the bizarre incident ??

The ‘on the full’ decision against Sth. The Sth player conned the boundary & field umpire. Just grabbed the pill & played on. Outter side on our 50.

We were going nuts at the umpires, right in front of us. Even the Roos clan & their Sth group were in disbelief, pizzing themselves. Scores were level with minutes to go.

Ball should have been headed to our goal square instead......

Ok. I was on the other side of the ground. Why does the incident need to be looked into though??? Error by the umpires , plenty of them every game.

Ok. I was on the other side of the ground. Why does the incident need to be looked into though??? Error by the umpires , plenty of them every game.

More so the if those involved are worthy of being involved with the premier game of the competition. Not looked into for the result type of thing, I should have stipulated that. There was just no way it could have been adjudicated it was Sths ball but some how Rosier ended up with it, after he had kicked it on the full.

28 minute mark, final quarter, scores are level, on our 50. There are errors & there are complete f ups. This was the latter. ;)

To be honest that boundary was good for the rest of the day & we have had him plenty of times. The other boundary took an eternity to get it in & struggled to get any distance (from the 1st quarter), there must be better in the whole competition.

The field umpire involved made some decisions from over 50 metres away for the day, but couldn't get such a vital decision when within 20 metres. He also missed the throw against us a minute earlier, that the 'grey' umpire was correct playing from 50 metres away. Have a spell from 1st (please).

Funny thing is out of our group that stand together all year, I am the most calm & rarely have a go at the umpires. For some reason this one really got to me. Emotional game & we put so much into it to get where we are. Next week!!

Knew it wasn't going to be good, when the gates across the road at the industrial estate were locked. Come GF day it will be a parking disaster if that remains the same, league will need to $ort that out. Would also be great to have a beer & a chat after the game. No rooms open & the beers were closed at 5pm. Political decision?

Just reiterates how great the effort of South was in the 2017 GF to lose big Maxy before the game. A class act.

Last edited:
More so the if those involved are worthy of being involved with the premier game of the competition. Not looked into for the result type of thing, I should have stipulated that. There was just no way it could have been adjudicated it was Sths ball but some how Rosier ended up with it, after he had kicked it on the full.

28 minute mark, final quarter, scores are level, on our 50. There are errors & there are complete f ups. This was the latter. ;)

To be honest that boundary was good for the rest of the day & we have had him plenty of times. The other boundary took an eternity to get it in & struggled to get any distance (from the 1st quarter), there must be better in the whole competition.

The field umpire involved made some decisions from over 50 metres away for the day, but couldn't get such a vital decision when within 20 metres. He also missed the throw against us a minute earlier, that the 'grey' umpire was correct playing from 50 metres away. Have a spell from 1st (please).

Funny thing is out of our group that stand together all year, I am the most calm & rarely have a go at the umpires. For some reason this one really got to me. Emotional game & we put so much into it to get where we are. Next week!!

Knew it wasn't going to be good, when the gates across the road at the industrial estate were locked. Come GF day it will be a parking disaster if that remains the same, league will need to $ort that out. Would also be great to have a beer & a chat after the game. No rooms open & the beers were closed at 5pm. Political decision?

Just reiterates how great the effort of South was in the 2017 GF to lose big Maxy before the game. Bad day at the office for rowville today

Just reiterates how great the effort of South was in the 2017 GF to lose big Maxy before the game. A class act.

Could have been worse mate. We could have had Maurice officiating :D:D

We love Maurice, been a long time favourite at Doncaster. :)

2 of the 3 fields were great, so I guess 'that ain't bad'.

The young bloke looked intimidated. Wanted to tell the field umpire it was donny's ball. Wasn't good

Also, A boundary umpire in Div 1 finals should be expected to make the distance when throwing in, A few needed to be replayed which isnt a good look.

Last edited:
The ‘on the full’ decision against Sth. The Sth player conned the boundary & field umpire. Just grabbed the pill & played on. Outter side on our 50.

We were going nuts at the umpires, right in front of us. Even the Roos clan & their Sth group were in disbelief, pizzing themselves. Scores were level with minutes to go.

Ball should have been headed to our goal square instead......

Bobby
If you have a look at the replay you will see the ball clearly come off the foot of Donny number 16. The call was 100% correct.

In any case going on individual incidents does not help. We could talk about the head high by 20 a little later. As always stuff balances up

Its funny Convert I have watched it that many times over the last few days & I cannot see how anyone can say it clearly comes off either foot. Certainly a flurry of legs with only 2 players involved.

What I will say is that the tackle & disposal would leave poor old Joel Galvin shaking his head. ;) To be honest he has little chance to dispose.

Willing to give the benefit to the boundary who as I have said we have had quite a few times in 2018 & he has always done a good job.
Agree one incident didn't make the difference, unfortunately we had our worse day of the year on the wrong day & South were far too good.

Will ask the South boys that were next to us what they thought next week if they are at the 2s game. Just curious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

keI4t0Y.jpg

Clearly off the Doncaster player with the fluro boots. The South Croydon players legs are bent behind him.

Cheers 44 tried to stop it numerous times but couldn’t capture the right moment. Great decision to all involved.

How did he Sth player dispose of it in the tackle?

Only joking guys.

Cheers 44 tried to stop it numerous times but couldn’t capture the right moment. Great decision to all involved.

Only joking guys.
From wanting a league investigation to a “great decision to all involved” LOL

From wanting a league investigation to a “great decision to all involved” LOL

Only joking guys.

All good Bobby. The more chatter on here the better I reckon. The freeze frame is the way to go

What would the EFL think of Cranbourne? A long way outside EFL territory but they are now officially homeless for 2019 (MPNFL have knocked them back and they have no appeal). Consensus on the SFL board is they’d dominate Southern D1. EFL have never been shy about expansion.
Hopefuly EFL leave them at cranbourne who wants to travel to that hole ?

What would the EFL think of Cranbourne? A long way outside EFL territory but they are now officially homeless for 2019 (MPNFL have knocked them back and they have no appeal). Consensus on the SFL board is they’d dominate Southern D1. EFL have never been shy about expansion.

They are right about something, they would dominate the SFL. I am continually amazed at guys that have EFL experience & where they are placed in the SFL.

I highly doubt it would get through a club vote. It's just too far away from the heartland of the EFL let alone those inner east clubs.
I just see no benefit for EFL clubs by letting them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back