GRAND FINAL
TREVOR BARKER OVAL 11:45am SUN 11/9
West Brunswick
BrunswickWest BrunswickBrunswick
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
Old ParadiansOld ParadiansWest Brunswick
Ivanhoe

Last edited:
FWIW interesting the clubs preferred option is to go to Manningham as a home base. Competitive area for ammo footy
Only been to Manningham once, but looked like a good ground. Better than Donny Reserve in my humble opinion Both have smallish social rooms so no advantage one way or the other. Suggest that if they went to Doncaster that they'd be in more of a EFL area.
Don't mind the name "Yarra Cobras". Has a nice ring to it.

Only been to Manningham once, but looked like a good ground. Better than Donny Reserve in my humble opinion Both have smallish social rooms so no advantage one way or the other. Suggest that if they went to Doncaster that they'd be in more of a EFL area.
Don't mind the name "Yarra Cobras". Has a nice ring to it.

It's a good ground down at Bulleen but I am suprised too with choice of ground given its further from Yarra Valley and their women's local feeder team. Good luck to them if they can make it work.

D2 will look very different next year and you have to wonder if a restructure in D2-D4 is necessary to even teams. Especially if any other teams leave VAFA

So it’s all set now. Ivanhoe, West Brunswick, Brunswick and the OPs will battle it out in both the Seniors and Reserves.
Not sure what to read into today’s results, but I know West Brunswick look the goods with their pace and organisation right across the field. Ivanhoe we know plenty about. Brunswick can be anything on their day and are a very attacking unit, and then there’s us, who have produced some really solid footy, and good results over year, and when we click, can put together a winning score.

Early indications are that we will be welcoming your mob to the lush surroundings of the Garvey, in the jumper clash clash Champ. You’ll have happy memories of your last visit, but will have to be on your game against the other magpies who are motoring right now. I guess the question will be how much impact will the VFL finals have on that match?

Plenty of intrigue in the week ahead.
According to VAFA site - All confirmed now Mappa - Seniors at Garvey on Saturday (v WB) and then off to Willy for our Reserves clash on the Sunday!

Exciting for the Hoers to be playing footy at this time of year and not just watching like we have for many years.

Chump

Last edited:
According to VAFA site - All confirmed now Mappa - Seniors at Garvey on Saturday (v WB) and then off to Willy for our Reserves clash on the Sunday!

Exciting for the Hoers to be playing footy at this time of year and not just watching like we have for many years.

Chump
Collingwood twos play Sunday 1pm therefore Blackmore-more only potential non starter for Sat arvo if he gets game with VFL team! Why is D2 finals at Willi, why not Coburg. All 4 finals teams in North & Inner North West!

Collingwood twos play Sunday 1pm therefore Blackmore-more only potential non starter for Sat arvo if he gets game with VFL team! Why is D2 finals at Willi, why not Coburg. All 4 finals teams in North & Inner North West!
Same in all the other grades though I'm afraid. PEGs is the only team that would be close(ish) to Willy. All the rest are on this side of the bridge.

Same in all the other grades though I'm afraid. PEGs is the only team that would be close(ish) to Willy. All the rest are on this side of the bridge.
As a local supporter I'm very, very happy with Garvey.

That said, looking at things they could have potentially played ALL games in D1 at Garvey and all D2 at Coburg. Then no need for Willy as no home team considerations required (OPs with Garvey)?

Chump

Last edited:
As a local supporter I'm very, very happy with Garvey.

That said, looking at things they could have potentially played ALL games in D1 at Garvey and all D2 at Coburg. Then no need for Willy as no home team considerations required (OPs with Garvey)?

Chump
Hey Chump, must have been very wet in the humpy last night?
You should be ok to get a lift to Garvey Saturday, but you may need to pack an overnight bag to get to Willy on Sunday!

Hey Chump, must have been very wet in the humpy last night?
You should be ok to get a lift to Garvey Saturday, but you may need to pack an overnight bag to get to Willy on Sunday!

I was ok BT ..... the thirds won the flag on the weekend and so I have been out with them and they gave me a couch at their coaches place last night. All good!

As for the weekend - Yes, short walk to Garvey for me and then getting a ride share with one of the other players Sunday. Not only is that a good result for me, but also the planet!

Chump.

I was ok BT ..... the thirds won the flag on the weekend and so I have been out with them and they gave me a couch at their coaches place last night. All good!

As for the weekend - Yes, short walk to Garvey for me and then getting a ride share with one of the other players Sunday. Not only is that a good result for me, but also the planet!

Chump.
Chump, please pop out of your humpy and see what state Hoe park is in? Will wander down for a "skills" session tonight!

Around 7.30 pm pop your head in and I will buy you a coffee to keep you warm

Chump, please pop out of your humpy and see what state Hoe park is in? Will wander down for a "skills" session tonight!

I drove past Hoe Park this arvo and it looked liked it was back to its past glory. Big whopping mud pile in the guts and goalsquares were worse. I don't miss playing games at that joint . It was shocking in the 90s when I was a wee fella , and seems nothing has changed

Missed you tonight BT 😢 in QLD for work but have been selected to play Sunday. We must be short?

Up early tomorrow to get back to Melbs so will give you my tips then.

Chump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and then there were 4 ................

Ivanhoe v WB on Saturday at the Garvey will be the first of two cracking games of football. I have said for some time that this season is a lot tighter than some would suggest and this weeks games will both be very close come the final siren- IMHO. At this time of year form and injuries play a massive role in sides opportunities. I believe the FORM side of the comp right now is West Brunswick and with a few (Irving, Cottrell and Turnbull) returning into a very strong team, come 2.00pm Saturday, they will be very hard to beat. The last outing on a heavy track at WB saw a multi-pronged forward line and aggressive mid-field smash the Hoers by what should have been more than the end margin, so you would expect confidence to be high.
That said, the squads will be different since that last encounter and although Ivanhoe still have several sitting on the side lines (due to injury) they will welcome some talent back into the team that did not play on that occasion. Heart over head sees me pick the Hoers by 2 points.

Brunswick v Mappas Mob - will be an absolute belta! The recent body of work Brunswick have put together has been very, very good and they are back to their free scoring best. Wilson up forward is a star and a potential match up with Huntley could be pivotal to the end result. Great contests all over the ground and I would imagine this one will see plenty of 'vigor' throughout the course of the day with both sides known for their hard, contested and aggressive style of play. The Raiders best is good enough, we have seen that with their long winning streak throughout the year, but I think that Brunswick have found a bit of the early season form and will enjoy the Wiliamstown ground to pinch a win by under a goal.

Good luck to ALL sides and hopefully we get some good weather, great football and no injuries.

Enjoy, Chump.

Last edited:
Chamosews - Finals Tips
After a near miss last saturday the hoes are in need of building team chemistry for finals time (BLUE BETWEEN PLAYERS)!!
IF they get their ON FIELD ISSUES RIGHT they should be able to breeze through this game!!
IVANHOE - 20pts
BRUNSWICK - 8pts

and then there were 4 ................

Ivanhoe v WB on Saturday at the Garvey will be the first of two cracking games of football. I have said for some time that this season is a lot tighter than some would suggest and this weeks games will both be very close come the final siren- IMHO. At this time of year form and injuries play a massive role in sides opportunities. I believe the FORM side of the comp right now is West Brunswick and if a few (Irving, Cottrell and Turnbull) that are returning into a very strong team come 2.00pm Saturday, they will be very hard to beat. The last outing on a heavy track at WB saw a multi-pronged forward line and aggressive mid-field smash the Hoers by what should have been more than the end margin, so you would expect confidence to be high.
That said, the squads will be different since that last encounter and although Ivanhoe still have several sitting on the side lines (due to injury) they will welcome some talent back into the team that did not play on that occasion. Heart over head sees me pick the Hoers by 2 points.

Brunswick v Mappas Mob - will be an absolute belta! The recent body of work Brunswick have put together has been very, very good and they are back to their free scoring best. Wilson up forward is a star and a potential match up with Huntley could be pivotal to the end result. Great contests all over the ground and I would imagine this one will see plenty of 'vigor' throughout the course of the day with both sides known for their hard, contested and aggressive style of play. The Raiders best is good enough, we have seen that with their long winning streak throughout the year, but I think that Brunswick have found a bit of the early season form and will enjoy the Wiliamstown ground to pinch a win by under a goal.

Good luck to ALL sides and hopefully we get some good weather, great football and no injuries.

Enjoy, Chump.
Magnificent summary Chump.

Tend to agree, but my head over heart suggests with Selwood and Close back your mob will beat West Brunswick. Heart hopes otherwise.

Keep up the good work mate.

Silver

Congratulations to my boys Ivanhoe on promotion and a good win today.
Into the grand final and fingers crossed we can break a big long drought
Our boys had a good day but depending on how the cards fall still a lot of i's to be dotted and t's crossed.

West Brunswick didn't have a lot go right today and am expecting them to bounce back next week.

Great effort today from the Hoers in delivering 4 quarters of super finals pressure football. Always a tough and contested game v West and today was no different.

Not everything went our way today with significant injuries and no bench by 3/4 time, but the ability to work togther as a team to get through was oustanding.

We appreciate the rest and look forward to the opportunity.

Chump

Great effort today from the Hoers in delivering 4 quarters of super finals pressure football. Always a tough and contested game v West and today was no different.

Not everything went our way today with significant injuries and no bench by 3/4 time, but the ability to work togther as a team to get through was oustanding.

We appreciate the rest and look forward to the opportunity.

Chump
A massive statement today from Ivanhoe Chump! Way too good. That third quarter was huge!

I don't see West Brunswick or any other side getting near your boys based upon what i watched today. Well played.

Silver

A massive statement today from Ivanhoe Chump! Way too good. That third quarter was huge!

I don't see West Brunswick or any other side getting near your boys based upon what i watched today. Well played.

Silver
Thanks ST .. a very good 3/4 for us today and to put the game beyond reach. This is far from done yet and a bit to play out yet to determine this years premiers.

Chump

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back