GRAND FINAL
TREVOR BARKER OVAL 11:45am SUN 11/9
West Brunswick
BrunswickWest BrunswickBrunswick
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
Old ParadiansOld ParadiansWest Brunswick
Ivanhoe

Last edited:
Same in all the other grades though I'm afraid. PEGs is the only team that would be close(ish) to Willy. All the rest are on this side of the bridge.
Out to Whitefriars on Saturday for the Prelim's! Ground was apparently in great condition a couple of weeks back for some finals (Thirds footy) our club was involved in.

Good luck to all clubs competing and hope to get there for a look at some stage if possible.

Chump.

....... and then there were THREE!

West Brunswick v Mappas Mob - all eyes (and hopes) head to Whitefriars this weekend in what should be another cracking game of football.

West has had the upper hand throughout the year and belted OP's in their most recent meeting. That said, both sides rested plenty in the last home and away round and the two line ups will look very different come Saturday.

West will be looking to regroup after last weeks loss and remind everyone that they were an outstanding team over the course of the 2022 season. No doubt they have the talent and will be fierce at the contest in this must win clash.

I'm told that Mappas Mob played some of their best football for the year last week (only saw the first 1/4) and ran Brunswick off their feet. All the usual suspects were in the best and you would expect them to pop up again and give the Raiders a massive opportunity at winning this one.

I think Mappas Mob are a very BIG chance on the 'fast track' oval of Whitefriars and if the rain stays away their chances improve a little more. That said, West are not to be written off after just one poor performance and rightfully head into the game as favourite - IMHO. I think I'll wait for team selection to pick a winner ......then flip a coin!

Good luck all, Chump.

....... and then there were THREE!

West Brunswick v Mappas Mob - all eyes (and hopes) head to Whitefriars this weekend in what should be another cracking game of football.

West has had the upper hand throughout the year and belted OP's in their most recent meeting. That said, both sides rested plenty in the last home and away round and the two line ups will look very different come Saturday.

West will be looking to regroup after last weeks loss and remind everyone that they were an outstanding team over the course of the 2022 season. No doubt they have the talent and will be fierce at the contest in this must win clash.

I'm told that Mappas Mob played some of their best football for the year last week (only saw the first 1/4) and ran Brunswick off their feet. All the usual suspects were in the best and you would expect them to pop up again and give the Raiders a massive opportunity at winning this one.

I think Mappas Mob are a very BIG chance on the 'fast track' oval of Whitefriars and if the rain stays away their chances improve a little more. That said, West are not to be written off after just one poor performance and rightfully head into the game as favourite - IMHO. I think I'll wait for team selection to pick a winner ......then flip a coin!

Good luck all, Chump.
The teams are in .......and I'm not sure it makes it any easier. West Brunswick have lost a couple of midfielders to injury by the looks of things, but get a goal kicker back in Sawaya. The Raiders look pretty settled and will take confidence from that.

The battle in the middle will be enormous in terms of this result as both teams have plenty of talent in that area of the ground. I'll be keen to watch the two-way running of each side and see who can get back to support defensively as open forward lines on this ground spell big danger for both defenses. Who gets Cafari? Brock? Will the Raiders go tall with Boundy, Paolino and Healy to stretch the WB defense further and/or make Turnbull more accountable for a direct opponent? You cant let him do what he likes ....awesome defender.

At the other end, Buckler, Cotterell, Risstrom, Irving and Sawaya all present goal scoring opportunities for the Magpies. Add Fithall, Hyslop and Hayes-Ellis giving plenty of supply and you would think they will see enough of the ball to kick a winning score.

It's a flip of the coin for me.

WB have had the wood over the Raiders and kept them to very low scores on both occasions, but this is a cut throat final and we all know ANYTHING can happen in finals.

West ......just.

Good luck all, enjoy the day and we will see the winner next week (and next year in D1).

Chump.

Visted Whitefriars last night and boy... how bout those divy 2 boys getting the best ground in VAFA... in great nick!!!
Tip for the round - West brunswick comfortably.

I must say it has been a bit boring this whole season as we all knew I's would win the granny from round 1.
I's talent/recruiting manager needs a raise, honestly! Number 10 (ex American college basketball player per TheWamba), Drake, Scooter (somehow) and of course the king of vafa MOOOOOSSSEEEEEE (Cochead)
Hopefully they will be able to keep these stars for years to come.

Visted Whitefriars last night and boy... how bout those divy 2 boys getting the best ground in VAFA... in great nick!!!
Tip for the round - West brunswick comfortably.

I must say it has been a bit boring this whole season as we all knew I's would win the granny from round 1.
I's talent/recruiting manager needs a raise, honestly! Number 10 (ex American college basketball player per TheWamba), Drake, Scooter (somehow) and of course the king of vafa MOOOOOSSSEEEEEE (Cochead)
Hopefully they will be able to keep these stars for years to come.

Hopefully, several people hold the same view as you re where the improvement has come from in our list from this year to last. LOL!

As for recruiting ......
10 - Yes Basketballer...... but, cricket mate of several others in our seniors during the summer season.
Drake - great get via the Collingwood connection, ripping young bloke that we hope makes it at a higher level.
Scooter - massive 4 games!
Mooooose - gun, ex-junior, 10 full games for the season.

3 x absolutely playing next year and a couple of potential recruits being worked on. But who knows when you go up a grade?

I am sure whoever wins out of the other two teams playing this weekend will not hand anyone a premiership and it will be a significant challenge for us to win that elusive senior flag. It will however, give you another week to suggest things on here and that's good for forum banter.
See you Saturday Chamo :cool:

Chump.

Hopefully, several people hold the same view as you re where the improvement has come from in our list from this year to last. LOL!

As for recruiting ......
10 - Yes Basketballer...... but, cricket mate of several others in our seniors during the summer season.
Drake - great get via the Collingwood connection, ripping young bloke that we hope makes it at a higher level.
Scooter - massive 4 games!
Mooooose - gun, ex-junior, 10 full games for the season.

3 x absolutely playing next year and a couple of potential recruits being worked on. But who knows when you go up a grade?

I am sure whoever wins out of the other two teams playing this weekend will not hand anyone a premiership and it will be a significant challenge for us to win that elusive senior flag. It will however, give you another week to suggest things on here and that's good for forum banter.
See you Saturday Chamo :cool:

Chump.

Come on chump, what’s this about going up a grade?
Received a text this week from Heidelberg contact stating that their power brokers are pushing for Ivanhoe To join NFL next year!
If that is the case you won’t have to journey down the peninsula.
I had the pleasure of umpiring a young Ash close in his early days at Ivanhoe.
One day he kicked 10 goals and didn’t get the 3 votes, Viv is a junior so a 1 pointer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Come on chump, what’s this about going up a grade?
Received a text this week from Heidelberg contact stating that their power brokers are pushing for Ivanhoe To join NFL next year!
If that is the case you won’t have to journey down the peninsula.
I had the pleasure of umpiring a young Ash close in his early days at Ivanhoe.
One day he kicked 10 goals and didn’t get the 3 votes, Viv is a junior so a 1 pointer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe the powers that be at Ivanhoe prefer a tree change to a sea change BT ...... we will see 😎

Chump

Last edited:
The teams are in .......and I'm not sure it makes it any easier. West Brunswick have lost a couple of midfielders to injury by the looks of things, but get a goal kicker back in Sawaya. The Raiders look pretty settled and will take confidence from that.

The battle in the middle will be enormous in terms of this result as both teams have plenty of talent in that area of the ground. I'll be keen to watch the two-way running of each side and see who can get back to support defensively as open forward lines on this ground spell big danger for both defenses. Who gets Cafari? Brock? Will the Raiders go tall with Boundy, Paolino and Healy to stretch the WB defense further and/or make Turnbull more accountable for a direct opponent? You cant let him do what he likes ....awesome defender.

At the other end, Buckler, Cotterell, Risstrom, Irving and Sawaya all present goal scoring opportunities for the Magpies. Add Fithall, Hyslop and Hayes-Ellis giving plenty of supply and you would think they will see enough of the ball to kick a winning score.

It's a flip of the coin for me.

WB have had the wood over the Raiders and kept them to very low scores on both occasions, but this is a cut throat final and we all know ANYTHING can happen in finals.

West ......just.

Good luck all, enjoy the day and we will see the winner next week (and next year in D1).

Chump.
Love your work Chump!

With regard West Brunswick forwards you named half the side but forgot Hutchins.

Buckler 38 goals. Hutchins 33 goals

Both similar size and weight. Both very dangerous small-ish forwards if delivery is half decent. Buckler jumps at the footy better in the air. The big IN for WB is Maxy Risstrom. The few games I have watched he is an absolute gun!

Love your work Chump!

With regard West Brunswick forwards you named half the side but forgot Hutchins.

Both similar size and weight. Both very dangerous small-ish forwards if delivery is half decent. Buckler jumps at the footy better in the air. The big IN for WB is Maxy Risstrom. The few games I have watched he is an absolute gun!
Sorry ST ..... this is why I don't coach and just have a waddle in the 2's when we are short!

Hope he has a great game tomorrow!

Chump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love your work Chump!

Risstrom is a gun Silver and kicks the ball a mile.Parade have had a great season and to finish 3rd is a great springboard for next season.Not quite up to the standard of the top 2
Hopefully it will be a great grand final

Did you get there today ST?
Best players?
Injuries?

I've just been at a heart stopper at the Pies v Cats and so didn't make it out to the Friars ground unfortunately.

Chump.
No I didn't sadly Chump. Was on the couch watching the same game as you.

WB would want to change something to get near Ivanhoe based upon last week.

Hopefully a ripping GF. Where is the GF held?
Cheers
Silver

Risstrom is a gun Silver and kicks the ball a mile.Parade have had a great season and to finish 3rd is a great springboard for next season.Not quite up to the standard of the top 2
Hopefully it will be a great grand final
Did RIsstrom play CHB Cloud? He is the best player at WB IMO. Didn't play against Ivanhoe last week so his influence might be helpful if WB are to change the result.

Cheers
Silver

No I didn't sadly Chump. Was on the couch watching the same game as you.

WB would want to change something to get near Ivanhoe based upon last week.

Hopefully a ripping GF. Where is the GF held?
Cheers
Silver
I think it will be a close GF. 2-1 for the year and clearly WB have played well today to have that sort of result. Should be a cracker.

Chump.

Did RIsstrom play CHB Cloud? He is the best player at WB IMO. Didn't play against Ivanhoe last week so his influence might be helpful if WB are to change the result.

Cheers
Silver
Very good player who played well against us early in the year. Can play back or forward and big left foot.
Will be a key player next week.
Chump

Cheers
Silver
He started forward Silver then went down back and just kept mopping up.He was kicking the ball 50 plus metres every time he got it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back