Division 4 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of interesting games today, 2 v 3. GW Hawks and Whitehorse Pioneers
And the other one is Nunawading v Silvan, at home for Nuna. Might be their big chance to win one. I hope they do!
GWH move up to 2nd on the ladder with a close win over Whitehorse. The Rams with apparently no bench after half time got up by a point with Coldstream playing all over them in the last quarter. I saw Ryan Jeffrey kicked 5 in the seconds with a dominant win. Looks like a few Ressies will get a run next week as the Rams host GWH who are red hot.

Surely EB are into $1.50 for the flag? Still missing a few too from best 22.

I think you would get better odds now East Burwood and perhaps we will know a
lot more about them after playing GWH next week end.Seen some D4 footy (not EB) but GWH look one of the teams to beat.No Ben Miller last week Cliff,injuries again.

Last edited:
I think you would get better odds now East Burwood and perhaps we will know a
lot more about them after playing GWH next week end.Seen some D4 footy (not EB) but GWH look one of the teams to beat.No Ben Miller last week Cliff,injuries again.
Yeah. only takes a couple of injuries and things can change pretty quickly. Good to see Middleton back for his first game, will do well to get a couple of games into him.
Good win by Mitcham GMac.

Yeah. only takes a couple of injuries and things can change pretty quickly. Good to see Middleton back for his first game, will do well to get a couple of games into him.

Yes a few happy faces at the club last Saturday night.Personally thought DE would be to big and experienced for our young side but full credit to them.My plans last Saturday were to go down and watch the last half at Nunawading as I thought they were a big chance to finally win a game but lucky I stayed at Mitcham.Nunawading have improved a lot but not sure whether their 1's can get a win this season.

Last edited:
A couple of interesting transfers there today. Benjamin Strong from the YYMDFL to Nunawading.I presume Ben is the ex Nuna ruckman that was named in the D3 team of the year in 2009 but not sure what his age is now but if him could be a handy pick up for Nuna.

A couple of interesting transfers there today. Benjamin Strong from the YYMDFL to Nunawading.I presume Ben is the ex Nuna ruckman that was named in the D3 team of the year in 2009 but not sure what his age is now but if him could be a handy pick up for Nuna.
3 Vermont players to East Burwood.

3 Vermont players to East Burwood.

Gould and Stephens were 2's players at Vermont last season and if you can believe stats were OK.Whether they would make 1's at EB is a unknown but Hartill another Vermont 2's player has done well at Nunawading in the 1's in I would think be hard playing in a battling side. Perhaps the good out of these guys leaving Vermont because they are battling to get a game in the 2's is they are not giving the game away but looking at other clubs.Personally love a few look at going to Nunawading which they have a couple at the moment.

Last edited:

Would be around 35-36
Was playing at Yarra Glen but hasn’t played in a few years

More injuries Cliff, it's a hospital ward down at EB at the moment and no one coming back for a month. Those Vermont lads did well in their first game and may be in the Seniors quicker than they thought. GWH have to be favourites now after taking care of WP and EB.

Strongy was at Yarra Glen’s game on Saturday so not sure he’ll pull on the boots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tenor.gif
:(

I would hope you are not having a go at your own club Cliff because all good sides have slumps like this and for example now Vermont 2 losses in a row lol.
Far from it GMac. At the moment the wheels have fallen off. Injuries have continued to mount and we haven't been able to match our results from the first half of the season.

Far from it GMac. At the moment the wheels have fallen off. Injuries have continued to mount and we haven't been able to match our results from the first half of the season.
A few players back including two Vermont recruits has the Rams back in the winners list. Throw in some great coaching and a plethora of goal kickers they seem to have their mojo back.

So Cliff will you be at the game Saturday and what BBQ will I see you on if I get to the game,Your thoughts on EB playing finals at the MCG of the East which we all know is a smaller ground then EB.I can assure you all Mitcham people are looking forward to Steve Pimm back on our G if Forest Hill get there and Pimmy himself even if not in our colours.

Last edited:
I will be there and will be eating at all food areas GMac. . Worth going just to see the Nuna fullback kick in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back