ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Was ask a question if the Crows are entitled to a refund if The SANFL goes ahead without the Crows, As the Crows around 400K to play in the Comp every year.
Has anyone heard anything,

don't thy get to train at Footy Pak in return free of charge.
I believe the Crows pay the SANFL $11.326 million across 15 years to release their AFL licence — and $400,000 a year for an SANFL licence for the Crows reserves.

Port pay the SANFL $6.985 million across 15 years for its AFL licence — but no SANFL licence fee. This in recognition of the Magpies (now the Power AFL reserves) being one of the State league’s founding clubs from 1877.

What Im wondering is, if the SANFL clubs have been ordered to play for free this season (no player, coach or ancillary staff payments for 2020) how can the Crows and the Power possibly be able to play in that Comp? Seems to me a certainty we wont be in, with the SANFL forgoing it's Crows license fee. The bigger question is, will the SMA fees be reduced for the Power and Crows, or will they still have to pay full tote, despite staffing requirements at the ground being reduced due to no crowds? There'd better be some bail out money for the SANFL from the AFL, or else the SANFL will be buried.

What Im wondering is, if the SANFL clubs have been ordered to play for free this season (no player, coach or ancillary staff payments for 2020) how can the Crows and the Power possibly be able to play in that Comp? Seems to me a certainty we wont be in, with the SANFL forgoing it's Crows license fee. The bigger question is, will the SMA fees be reduced for the Power and Crows, or will they still have to pay full tote, despite staffing requirements at the ground being reduced due to no crowds? There'd better be some bail out money for the SANFL from the AFL, or else the SANFL will be buried.

I don't think we will be part of 2020 SANFL season I think the plan will be to play trial games every few weeks most likely against Port or anyone else who is looking for a game. That will depend on injury lists and if a hub is implemented. I think the club thinks having an SANFL team just complicates things for 2020 and to risky.

While we pay a fee it might be cheaper to not play and cut our loses given it costs a fair bit to run the team.

Next year will depend on list sizes. I am not sure what the tipping point is. It wouldn't be worth it with 35 players but maybe for 38-40.

In terms of a refund, it is a good point. There is alot to be negotiated with the SMA still which flows on to the SANFL.

SANFL don't own it anymore...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Is it owned by the State Government? The State Gov being a part owner of the Pauer, does that mean we are paying them for our training rights?

I believe the Crows pay the SANFL $11.326 million across 15 years to release their AFL licence — and $400,000 a year for an SANFL licence for the Crows reserves.

Port pay the SANFL $6.985 million across 15 years for its AFL licence — but no SANFL licence fee. This in recognition of the Magpies (now the Power AFL reserves) being one of the State league’s founding clubs from 1877.
Port don’t pay for their reserves team as they’ve forgone any monies received from the sale of Footy Park that all traditional clubs get a part of. In essence you’re right, just thought I’d add detail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back