Do you like hot, spicy food?

Do you like hot/spicy foods?

• Yes, Im an addict. I like putting hot sauce, chilli in almost everything I eat

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Don't mind the occasional kick

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • I avoid hot, spicy foods

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll eat some something with bbq sauce that gives it a bit of a zing... but overall I hate really spicy food - it burns the mouth and I can't taste the food with it sooooo hot.

Everyonehasasoftside-69355.jpg

Love the stuff. When I move out I'll probably have a garden dedicated to Chilli plants :cool:
exactly what I've done. Got habanero's and basic red chilli's growing.

Killer hot sauce from Pancho's is good too.

Love hot food. Have some 'Eno' in the morning and it normally stops the upset stomach too

Went to the chilli festival and spent $100 plus in very hot sauces, chilli wine and hot Cajun seasonings. Chilli sauce in pizza and pasta is sensational.

I believe chilli is good for you as it speeds up metabolism etc.

Chilli also makes s**t beer taste palatable. When I'm given a glass of say VB and there's Tabasco sauce at the pub I will put a dash of Tabasco in it.

Was it a Chilli Con Carnival?

I don't mind a little spice, but I do wonder what people who love really hot things are really tasting....You might as well just have bread and hot sauce because I would suggest you really aren't tasting much else

yes cos i love having 20 minute diarrhea the next morning at work /sarcasm.
I think I've only ever had this happen to me once from spicy food.

You just gotta know your limit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's MEANT to be spicy, ie Thai Green Curry, you damn well better make that curry as hot as you can make it.

Making things like chicken wings randomly ultra hot by adding hot sauce is pointless though.

I love it. I used to think the hotter the better but these days I've realised some things are stupidly hot that they can ruin the food. I like a high level of heat still but I want to be able to taste other flavours in the dish too.
I like to think I make a pretty mean chilli con carne and I'm always on the look out for trying new chilli chicken burgers/ Portuguese chicken burgers. A good one of those really satisfies my chilli addiction

I can't say I like hot, but I do like a little spice in there. Just enough for an edge without heat is perfect for me. Love a good laksa or a mild curry, but actual heat just brings out a sweat and pains the tongue. If I give myself time to slowly build up acclimatising, I can enjoy a bit more heat.

I'm at the little bitch end of the hot food scale. I'm not one of those people that breaks out in a sweat eating Old el Paso or Nando's lemon and herb, but if something is full of chilli I won't enjoy it at all. Really hot food just has no flavour to me. It could be full of garlic, coriander etc. and all I'd taste is the chilli.

A good curry or satay or stir fry with the right mix of spices and flavours is amazing, I just don't see appeal in drowning it with chilli and sweating through it as though eating is some sort of challenge.

Love it, chilli is really good for you too.

This stuff from Woolies is ace!
sriracha-hot-sauce.jpg

It's from California, not Woolies :). I think it's in all supermarkets.

It's not super hot but I don't mind it. Some chips just came out in that flavor. Might have to try them.

Back