MRP / Trib. Dockers shock as Sylvia faces month-long ban

Remove this Banner Ad

no they didnt. the subiaco phsyio ran the relevant tests and found that he was concussed. the player has said he was concussed. his team mates have said he was.

it was the peel doctor and also freo doctor that has since come out only today to say he wasnt

Sharp as a bowling ball.

i 100% agree. see my posts on that incident on our board when we were trying to recruit him. that incident was much worse than this one. what made it more sickening was that it was against a 17/18 year old, who could not defend himself. ended up with a broken jaw. thankfully it didnt effect shaw getting drafted
I'm happy Sylvia got suspended but four weeks for what he did and zero for Brown is highly disproportionate. Brown should have at least been forced to play for West Coast as a penalty.

FCS, he is a footy player.
Malcolm Brown had highly polished dispute resolution skills; if you gave him the shits you got hit. After a while people knew what to expect and gave him a wide berth.
This board is disappointing in how some are treated. It appears many are hoping his demise is rapid.

I don't want him to fail at all. He was brought into our club for a reason, and as such I hope he plays at least 50 games in purple - including a flag if he deserves to be in the team. But the guy has history - he belts women, so is it any surprise he chases down a bloke and whacks him off the ball? On the one hand, you'd say no, no surprise at all, the guy's a bit of a dick.

OTOH, you'd have to say it's pretty disappointing given he's sitting outside the 22 - the 25 even - and he knows the expectations from RTB and the other players who all hold each other accountable for their standards and behaviour.

But he's still chased down a bloke and whacked him behind play, playing in the 2s at the 30 minute mark of the 4th quarter after a less than average performance, despite how close he'd been to selection the week before. Doesn't that make the guy a bit of a dick?

Either way you look at it, our Col is a bit of a dick. :thumbsdown:

I'm happy Sylvia got suspended but four weeks for what he did and zero for Brown is highly disproportionate. Brown should have been forced to play for West Coast as a penalty at least.

100% agree. i was even more out raged about that incident than i am on this one.

from memory wasnt brown able to get away with it because they didnt have footage?

but too look at this and say its ok because of the brown incident, isnt going to help fix these issues in the WAFL

re-read what you wrote, it could easily be interpreted the way i did. maybe write it clearer next time.

maybe talk about the incident rather than going the man on it. poor form.

Maybe you can stop crying and actually read what I have said.

I reckon that Sylvia deserved more, but I hate to see players shafting each other over on-field incidents.

Anyway Defacto, you're a well known mummys boy on here and I am hardly surprised to see you take this attitude.

I don't want him to fail at all. He was brought into our club for a reason, and as such I hope he plays at least 50 games in purple - including a flag if he deserves to be in the team. But the guy has history - he belts women, so is it any surprise he chases down a bloke and whacks him off the ball? On the one hand, you'd say no, no surprise at all, the guy's a bit of a dick.

OTOH, you'd have to say it's pretty disappointing given he's sitting outside the 22 - the 25 even - and he knows the expectations from RTB and the other players who all hold each other accountable for their standards and behaviour.

But he's still chased down a bloke and whacked him behind play, playing in the 2s at the 30 minute mark of the 4th quarter after a less than average performance, despite how close he'd been to selection the week before. Doesn't that make the guy a bit of a dick?

Either way you look at it, our Col is a bit of a dick. :thumbsdown:

You are very single minded aren't you ?
You are certain that he , under no circumstances whatsoever, can retaliate. None what so ever. Nothing mitigates punching a bloke on a footy field.

You are certain that he , under no circumstances whatsoever, can retaliate. None what so ever. Nothing mitigates punching a bloke on a footy field.

Did you see the incident Fred?

he chased him down and dropped him from behind, or at best from the side.

This wasn't a Mal Brown stand and deliver situation at all.

It
was
a
dog
act.

Maybe you can stop crying and actually read what I have said.

I reckon that Sylvia deserved more, but I hate to see players shafting each other over on-field incidents.

Anyway Defacto, you're a well known mummys boy on here and I am hardly surprised to see you take this attitude.

Right on cue...

New thread from the Suggestions board...

hi mods,

i'm just wondering how posts are moderated on the club boards. i've reported a threat and some blatant trolling but nothing has been done. are they moderated differently to the main board and given more liberty?

:rolleyes:

It
was
a
dog
act.

My final post on this thread young fella.
What if Mahoney said something very, very, unpleasant, there can be many, and then realised s**t I shouldn't have said that he looks real angry and then proceeded to run for sweet jesus.
Was he running towards the ball or away from it ?
Just think for a moment is there anything that anybody could say to you where they could reasonably expect a reaction ?
I know plenty of blokes you just do not mess with and sometimes being on a footy field won't prevent you from being smacked if you deserved it.
It is just a possibility that is all I am saying; it is possible it was a reaction to provocation.

Anyway like I said, I am done here....Peace be Still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It
was
a
dog
act.

I'm just old enough to remember Mal Brown, and not just his swing at Victorian efforts. And I've talked to players that he coached, who've described the instructions he gave to cripple opposition players.
What Sylvia did was wrong, and deserved two to four weeks.
But it was nothing like the dog acts that Mal Brown perpetrated again and again and again.

Bottom line is, Sylvia is a Freo player, a required player, and if he can get his head sorted, will be an asset to our football side. I just wish he'd hurry up.
And IP, he has hit a woman, doesn't mean he still does. Necessarily.

My final post on this thread young fella.
What if Mahoney said something very, very, unpleasant, there can be many, and then realised s**t I shouldn't have said that he looks real angry and then proceeded to run for sweet jesus.
Was he running towards the ball or away from it ?
Just think for a moment is there anything that anybody could say to you where they could reasonably expect a reaction ?
I know plenty of blokes you just do not mess with and sometimes being on a footy field won't prevent you from being smacked if you deserved it.
It is just a possibility that is all I am saying; it is possible it was a reaction to provocation.

Anyway like I said, I am done here....Peace be Still.

I bash people on pretty much a weekly basis.

If I don't, then the missus, the kids or the dog cop it.

But I'm not a professional footy player trying to force my way into a top 4 AFL side.

I'm just old enough to remember Mal Brown, and not just his swing at Victorian efforts. And I've talked to players that he coached, who've described the instructions he gave to cripple opposition players.
What Sylvia did was wrong, and deserved two to four weeks.
But it was nothing like the dog acts that Mal Brown perpetrated again and again and again.

Bottom line is, Sylvia is a Freo player, a required player, and if he can get his head sorted, will be an asset to our football side. I just wish he'd hurry up.
And IP, he has hit a woman, doesn't mean he still does. Necessarily.

Yeah, no doubt, and he probably wasn't the greatest example on my behalf.

I was more referring to when Mal totally lost his s**t and just started knocking people arse over head in front of the umps more than his behind play sniping.

Not at all. I love a bit of biffo on the footy field! But that's hardly my point here. And if you can't see that, then I do believe you're the one being single minded as you are believing that of me, just because for some very odd reason, that's what you want to believe.

Here we have a new recruit, who's left the cesspool that is the Melbourne Football Club with it's loser culture, and who's trying to 'play his way in' to a successful team smack in the middle of its premiership window, and he goes and gets himself suspended in a WAFL match. I mean, seriously, how much does he want it? He didn't even try and disguise it - he ran at the guy and decked him; at the 30 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

How dumb is he?

Karl Langdon was OUTRAGED at what he described as a KANGAROO COURT on 6PR. Even if there was a grain of truth in his claim, Langdon is getting increasingly bad at his charade of being unbiased.

There are no excuses for that Fred.
Not hard to see Sylvia is a hot head.
All it would take to get him to lash out is a joke about should of stayed at Melbourne coz looks like you wont be getting any games at Freo.

Even if he said he said something about his family, that is not how you settle it.

Noone wants to see him fail.
Some may still not like the bloke but they can see the value he adds, he is stuck on our list like it or not so fixing his attitude and playing games for Freo is what everyone wants.
Noone wants to see a blown free agent selection.
Unless they like seeing us waste money and spots on the list.

Ignoring all past incidents and judging this incident alone.
Its ugly, dirty and cheap.
Not what our game needs 6 weeks will send a message to all WAFL players its not on.

Do that out on the street and then use an excuse but he said bla bla bla to the cops and see what happens.

Agree that players shouldn't cry about onfield incidents and dob others in like cry baby Harvey
Just say not too sure what happened let the match review panel come up with penalty and be done with it.
Oh yeah and on the weekend I saw Harvey gut punch his tagger off the ball.
Yet if someone does that to him he goes and cries, then has people like David King sticking up for him in media saying he is a little angel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back