Analysis Dockers Supercoach/Fantasy Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for your opinion! Which Stevens? Do you mean Koby Stevens from the dogs or Jack Steven from the Saints?

Also Griffin is pretty far the ruck pecking order isn't he? Is he worth selecting as a sub ruckman or should I look elsewhere/just pick a $120k option? I remember him being worth a lot more a few seasons back.

Thanks for your opinion! Which Stevens? Do you mean Koby Stevens from the dogs or Jack Steven from the Saints?
Jack Stevens - This is who I have in my team at the moment. More midfield time, but more likely to be tagged. Keep an eye on Cam Sutcliffe, I think he will play more through the midfield which is great for a defender.

Hi guys,

Wondering if you could shed some light on your ruck pecking order in 2015.

Obviously Sandilands is your number 1 if and when he's fit, and Clarke will start forward and provide Sandi with a chop out during games.

Who would you say is next in line? You have Griffin, Hannath & Moller in reserve - am I right to assume they'd be picked in that order?

Hi guys,

Obviously Sandilands is your number 1 if and when he's fit, and Clarke will start forward and provide Sandi with a chop out during games.

Who would you say is next in line? You have Griffin, Hannath & Moller in reserve - am I right to assume they'd be picked in that order?
I'd actually say Hannath might be infront of Griffin based of recent form and how well Hannath is improving.

Hi guys,

Best combination - Sandi and Clarke.
Backup - Clarke and Hannath\Apeness.

Griffin is our 3rd best ruck but he struggles playing forward and should Sandi get rested I think they will give Clarke a run in the ruck and let Hannath or Apeness play forward and ruck for 10-15% of the game.

I'd actually say Hannath might be infront of Griffin based of recent form and how well Hannath is improving.

Best combination - Sandi and Clarke.
Backup - Clarke and Hannath\Apeness.

Griffin is our 3rd best ruck but he struggles playing forward and should Sandi get rested I think they will give Clarke a run in the ruck and let Hannath or Apeness play forward and ruck for 10-15% of the game.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Sounds like Hannath may be the way to go.

go_the_dockers - Apeness doesn't come into the equation for me - he's not listed as a ruck in the competition I'm asking for.

If anyone is keen we have a $100 18 team SC league : 181204. Anyone is welcome, so invite friends if you want.

Prizes : 1st $1000, 2nd $400 3rd $300 and $100 for highest score.

Will provide bank details when we are close to full. Good luck!

Hey guys, I have read through the thread, have seen Clancee mentioned a few times but I have few other questions regarding him.

Looking at his history he has proven to be a solid SC scorer on multiple occasions.

Averaged 91 in 2012 and in 2013 avg. 74 but had some solid scores and a 6 week patch averaging 90.

What role was he playing over these 2 years?

Also, how is it that he has now borderline best 22 considering how well he scored in those years? Have Freo really improved enough to the point that he is on the fringe?

I'm very tempted by him, not expecting big things but at 278k if he can have a purple patch like he has proven to be capable of he could make good money.

Cheers

Clancee racked up some decent scores when he was rebounding off HB and pushing into the midfield. He'll probably get a tagging gig at the start of this season (with Crowley and Suban sidelined), so he'll be around the ball. I'm not sure if he'll get enough of it for it to be worthwhile. Up to you really, he does have a lovely kick so we might try to use him on the rebound, but I doubt he'll be a heavy accumulator.

I was thinking of him as my 6th defender but settled elsewhere.

Clancee racked up some decent scores when he was rebounding off HB and pushing into the midfield. He'll probably get a tagging gig at the start of this season (with Crowley and Suban sidelined), so he'll be around the ball. I'm not sure if he'll get enough of it for it to be worthwhile. Up to you really, he does have a lovely kick so we might try to use him on the rebound, but I doubt he'll be a heavy accumulator.

I was thinking of him as my 6th defender but settled elsewhere.
What are the docker fans thoughts on Sherridan? Is he SC relevant?

Thankyou for your time, and good luck. I don't buy into this rivalry thing so its no sweat, we are not in a position to challenge. Would like to see you or the crows/port win the flag.
Cheers

Thankyou for your time, and good luck. I don't buy into this rivalry thing so its no sweat, we are not in a position to challenge. Would like to see you or the crows/port win the flag.
Cheers

Sherro had a belter of a game in the NAB challenge, but it was just the one game. If he backs that up a couple of times during the season then he might be worth grabbing, but I'm not sold on him yet.

I was excited by the prospect of Ibbo at bargain bin prices but he has not been racking up larger scores in the preseason, so I will be grabbing a couple of defenders who's form is hot with the idea of jumping on Ibbo when he has two high scoring games in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on MJ as a supercoach pick? Any signs of a step up this season, or will age/injury likely affect his scoring?

Cheers

I've been looking at him too, what I noticed is he played the 2nd most minutes in the NAB Challenge for Freo only behind Sutcliffe.

Is he a run with player? What is his role in the team? Ross seems to be keen on him now if he averaged 90 minutes a game in the preseason, was a high draft pick in 2011 also so in his 4th AFL season now, I also noticed he had a couple of high scoring games in 2013, at 229k in RDT could he realistically average 65 if given an opportunity? I'm not quite convinced on Newton yet and Van Berlo has laboured a bit in preseason who are both around the same price.

I've been looking at him too, what I noticed is he played the 2nd most minutes in the NAB Challenge for Freo only behind Sutcliffe.

Is he a run with player? What is his role in the team? Ross seems to be keen on him now if he averaged 90 minutes a game in the preseason, was a high draft pick in 2011 also so in his 4th AFL season now, I also noticed he had a couple of high scoring games in 2013, at 229k in RDT could he realistically average 65 if given an opportunity? I'm not quite convinced on Newton yet and Van Berlo has laboured a bit in preseason who are both around the same price.

He doesn't have the best of job security sitting probably just out the best 22. However Ross talks him up fairly often and with a few underdone players he might get an early game. We'll have to wait and see the team selections.

In that last NAB game he worked off the backline for the first time and he impressed everyone. However most of us see him as a potential upgrade on Daniel Pearce as an outside mid. Perhaps not as fast but better disposal and a giant tank to run all day. He's finally not a little stick anymore and looks like he's playing with a bit more confidence.

However I would probably avoid for SC because right now he's not a lock for best 22 and we're still not sure what his best role is yet so his scores may vary quite a bit.

Hey ladies and gents,

I have a private AFL Fantasy league with some friends and we need to fill the last few spots. code is X7PXVHZH. All are welcome, and please invite your friends too!

Hi guys I had Sandi all last year and was very happy to say the least but being another year older and a lot more expensive now, I assume he'll be rested quite a bit now and will no longer be a viable option?

Hi guys I had Sandi all last year and was very happy to say the least but being another year older and a lot more expensive now, I assume he'll be rested quite a bit now and will no longer be a viable option?
I suspect he might get a few games' rest, but Sandi strikes me as the sort of player who thrives on hard work and will put his hand up to play every week. It will then just be a management issue by the coaching staff. My best guess (barring injury) is that he would play 15 - 18 games in the home and away.

Yeah, there are better cheaper options in the short term. If he goes well you could look to upgrade to him later in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back