Society/Culture Does the Australian flag have an image problem?

Remove this Banner Ad

The flag just needs to be black with this in the middle.

36635304_1_S.jpg

In part they were, that's how the whole thing started. It was reported that a young anglo girl was raped be men of Lebanese descent.

Then the *head knuckledraggers got all hot headed and went out looking to bash anyone of similar appearance. In other words an excuse to beat up who they don't like. How it all started.

I never said it was wholly and solely the reason, the beginning yes but not the sole reason. So your 2nd sentence is simplistic and naive

You need to be be careful about implying things about people you don't know. Last warning - don't do it again.
Wrong. There was no rape.
It was several days of horrific and shameful racism, violence and caveman behaviour, like I've never seen before.

I didn't imply anything. I quoted you, to a tee.

At first was funny watching someone try to dig his way out of a hole now it's uninteresting, and to be honest, embarrassing.

You need to be careful about speaking of things you clearly don't know.

This is my final response to you on this, savour it.

Wrong. There was no rape.
It was several days of horrific and shameful racism, violence and caveman behaviour, like I've never seen before.

I didn't imply anything. I quoted you, to a tee.

At first was funny watching someone try to dig his way out of a hole now it's uninteresting, and to be honest, embarrassing.

You need to be careful about speaking of things you clearly don't know.

This is my final response to you on this, savour it.
Not worthy of a reply, as you clearly lack comprehension.

Do not reply.

I'm watching this "Code 1 Cronulla riots" thing on Ch7 - in fairness to 7 it's been more balanced than I expected.

It's crazy the way the flag was used as a weapon in the Cronulla riots.

Even crazier that, during a 6 hour riot, which saw ambos attacked, not one police bullet was discharged. I wonder if that's the case if it's a throng of middle-eastern people attaching innocent white people?

I'm watching this "Code 1 Cronulla riots" thing on Ch7 - in fairness to 7 it's been more balanced than I expected.

It's crazy the way the flag was used as a weapon in the Cronulla riots.

Even crazier that, during a 6 hour riot, which saw ambos attacked, not one police bullet was discharged. I wonder if that's the case if it's a throng of middle-eastern people attaching innocent white people?

I feel like that's about when the Aussie flag started to become on the nose, I guess all of those *******s wearing it as a cape will do that.

Not really - Ch 7 has repeated the false myth about those of Lebanese/Middle Easterners initiating the riots by ‘bashing’ the lifesavers, as if they were on duty and jumped from behind and bashed out of the blue.

The Police inquiry found that the truth was a group of off duty, out of uniform Anglo lifesavers were walking away from the beach, walked past a group of young men of Lebanese background, insults were thrown from both groups and then a fight broke out, the lifesavers came off worse. Two groups of young testosterone fuelled men getting in a biff was spun as ‘brave Aussie heroes unjustly bashed’ thanks to the media.

They interview a lifesaver who said the problem was Lebanese coming to the beach and wolf whistling girls - as if young Anglo working class men in the Shire were ever beacons of treating women with respect…..

And then they claimed, as always, most people were there to show ‘support for lifesavers’ and it was a tiny minority who instigated violence, must have missed their own footage showing thousands of people all draped in Australian flags and clothing - showing the bulk of the crowd had clear racial/nationalism motivations in being there.

Ch 7 needs to appeal to Anglo bogans and this ‘documentary’ was mostly just a whitewashing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back