Autopsy Dogs defeat Dees 110-100 - Redemption

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there are so many rules being added, tweaked, emphasised, on a weekly basis, the umpires are having to cope with too much.

Remember when they changed the rules so that if the ball was taken from the ruck and the ruck was tackled then it was a free?

Gawn is a regular offender.

Remember when they changed the rules so that if the ball was taken from the ruck and the ruck was tackled then it was a free?

Gawn is a regular offender.
This is a simple one that no one seems to get and the umps have a stupid interpretation on too.

Originally the rule was if you took it from the ruck and got tackled, even if you got a legal disposal away it was HTB - that was maybe a bit over the top.

Now they’ve gone the way that if you take it from the ruck you’re free game to do whatever the * you want with the ball with no penalties - which is crazy, fans seem to think if you take it from the ruck you should be able to run half the field with someone hanging off you then drop the ball but it not be holding the ball because hey you’re allowed to grab it out of the ruck 😂

It simply should be if you take possession from the ruck that’s fine, but now like anywhere else on the ground you’ve had prior and need to dispose of it legally, so simple.

Was great to see it actually umpired correctly on Gawn for once on the weekend

This is a simple one that no one seems to get and the umps have a stupid interpretation on too.

Originally the rule was if you took it from the ruck and got tackled, even if you got a legal disposal away it was HTB - that was maybe a bit over the top.

Now they’ve gone the way that if you take it from the ruck you’re free game to do whatever the * you want with the ball with no penalties - which is crazy, fans seem to think if you take it from the ruck you should be able to run half the field with someone hanging off you then drop the ball but it not be holding the ball because hey you’re allowed to grab it out of the ruck 😂

It simply should be if you take possession from the ruck that’s fine, but now like anywhere else on the ground you’ve had prior and need to dispose of it legally, so simple.

Was great to see it actually umpired correctly on Gawn for once on the weekend
Not true. The rule was that if you took it out of the ruck you forgo your prior opportunity - from there it should have been adjudicated as normal. ie if you dispose legally IMMEDIATELY upon being tackled you're good. Any longer than immediate then it was HTB. Not saying it was always officiated that way, but that was the rule.

Now, the only thing that's changed is that if you grab it out of the ruck you're considered to have had no prior opportunity and if you get locked up in a tackle, it's not HTB. So no, you don't actually have to dispose of the ball legally as you haven't had prior.

The current rule is how it should be as it makes zero sense that someone taking possession from a ground ball or touched aerial ball has prior but a ruckman from a stoppage doesn't.

Not true. The rule was that if you took it out of the ruck you forgo your prior opportunity - from there it should have been adjudicated as normal. ie if you dispose legally IMMEDIATELY upon being tackled you're good. Any longer than immediate then it was HTB. Not saying it was always officiated that way, but that was the rule.

Now, the only thing that's changed is that if you grab it out of the ruck you're considered to have had no prior opportunity and if you get locked up in a tackle, it's not HTB. So no, you don't actually have to dispose of the ball legally as you haven't had prior.

The current rule is how it should be as it makes zero sense that someone taking possession from a ground ball or touched aerial ball has prior but a ruckman from a stoppage doesn't.
Yeah sorry I meant the interposition no idea what the old actual ruling was supposed to be.

What I mean though is that with the new interpretations whilst grabbing it out of the ruck is not considered prior you can still have prior after that and then get pinged for not disposing of it legally, but the umps just felt that meant ruckmen can’t get done holding the ball at all and it meant we got them just grabbing the ball out of the ruck, trying to break through 5 tackles inevitably dropping the ball, and no penalty for doing so which was crap

Which goal was better?

1. Kolyniuk 1990left foot goal to win the game vs Collingwood.

2. JUH to ice the game 2022 vs
Melbourne?

I still have Kolyniuk’s goal as marginally better. Ballsy as f*ck.

How about Bruce's reaction to Kolyniuk's goal? Nearly blows a woofer valve.

My post calling out a certain member just got deleted by a mod for ‘taunting’.

F**k me Mods - what do you think that certain member has been doing for a year and a half on JUH?

Mods - let’s not go full woke. Let’s allow debate.

My post calling out a certain member just got deleted by a mod for ‘taunting’.

F**k me Mods - what do you think that certain member has been doing for a year and a half on JUH?

Mods - let’s not go full woke. Let’s allow debate.
Read the forum rules. It's not on to bait and taunt another poster. Disagree with her/his opinion all you like, but stop looking to pick a fight on here. Play the ball, not the man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back