Autopsy Dogs defeat Dees 110-100 - Redemption

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t give 5 to a key back when the team lost and they have up 110 points. I don’t think Goodwin did, maybe a mix between the two, but he wasn’t that great to demand a 4 or 5 in my opinion.
Gary Ablett got 3 Brownlow votes for the Suns when they got beaten by 100+ by Collingwood. I don't care how good he was, surely there were 3 better Pies...even one better than him

Gary Ablett got 3 Brownlow votes for the Suns when they got beaten by 100+ by Collingwood. I don't care how good he was, surely there were 3 better Pies...even one better than him

I think you're overestimating how much influence a single player has in a team of 22. GAJ playing for the Gold Coast might be the best demonstration of that imaginable.

It's kinda incredible just how rarely infringements on Naughton actually get paid, the AFL media were absolutely taking the piss when Beveridge called out the umpires not protecting Naughton and they just pretended that everything Collins did was fair.

Also some posters on here complaining about Naughton flying for marks one-handed. He did for one on Sat night, but another one that looked like he did, his hand/arm was actually knocked down/away as he launched, and he didn't have time to adjust.

The Collins issue at ballarat I think was not just that he got held, but he was also being blocked by Collins and others, and not a single free paid to him. Hard to try to mark when one opponent holds you, and another prevents you from jumping at the contest.

Also some posters on here complaining about Naughton flying for marks one-handed. He did for one on Sat night, but another one that looked like he did, his hand/arm was actually knocked down/away as he launched, and he didn't have time to adjust.

The Collins issue at ballarat I think was not just that he got held, but he was also being blocked by Collins and others, and not a single free paid to him. Hard to try to mark when one opponent holds you, and another prevents you from jumping at the contest.

Naughton has given quite a few frees away by retaliating, the umps manage to see that but not all happening before it

I think you're overestimating how much influence a single player has in a team of 22. GAJ playing for the Gold Coast might be the best demonstration of that imaginable.
Perceptive, Scrag. It's trite. A champion team beats a team of champions. A team with of only 1 champion is easy meat.

Haven't read the whole thread, but haven't seen any love for Bailey Williams.
I reckon Langdon is as important as any Demon player and he shut him out of the game while providing a marking outlet on the wing.

On Pixel 3a XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was it Williams who tapped the ball down to Marra for that last goal?

That was very intelligent football!
How many of those tap downs and over the head, blind handballs failed, though ? If it's intelligent football, D, who thought it out ? I hate to admit it, especially of an ex-ATO investigator, but Bev's our mastermind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy, Jamarra and Naughton will be an incredible forward line soon. Pretty much unstoppable if we can keep them all together.
Say in three years time if any are not being injured, will be frightening for every other club to be 100% honest

Last edited:
From my eye watching from home he just looked more comfortable out there. Was smiling etc and not beating himself up whenever he dropped a mark. It looked as if it was fun and not stressful for him. He's looked a bit worried going for goal before in the past
Did you notice when he got the free in the last just before his last goal. He had
a massive grin on him.

After watching the game again (twice 😁), two things from me:

Jacko - 4 touches deep into the 2nd quarter, then 8 in 7 minutes. In that time, we cut their lead in half. How is it possible that he's still underrated?

Riley Garcia - yes, it was Marra's breakout game, but this bloke took an enormous step forward. His first goal was a great snap, but his second was clear evidence of his growing self confidence.
He now believes he's a senior player.
That's the thing that will get him to show what his really made of. I can't see him out of the side from now on.

Did you notice when he got the free in the last just before his last goal. He had
a massive grin on him.
I’m a bit dubious about this expression. He does it a lot. When he’s lining up for goal, for instance. I feel as if it’s not actually a “grin” but a kind of grimace, a bit like Chris Judd used to do. One day he’ll be accused of grinning inappropriately and being arrogant.

I’m a bit dubious about this expression. He does it a lot. When he’s lining up for goal, for instance. I feel as if it’s not actually a “grin” but a kind of grimace, a bit like Chris Judd used to do. One day he’ll be accused of grinning inappropriately and being arrogant.
Looks to me like it's his way of sucking in air around his mouthguard.

I think he is finally in a great happy place now his cemented in the team and its like a grin when you are mucking around playing footy with mates at the local oval. When I Seen the one that I mentioned, I initially thought ohh don't do that as a way of looking arrogant, but thinks it's justa glee look.

I think he is finally in a great happy place now his cemented in the team and its like a grin when you are mucking around playing footy with mates at the local oval. When I Seen the one that I mentioned, I initially thought ohh don't do that as a way of looking arrogant, but thinks it's justa glee look.
If he does it this often in every game, we might think differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back