News DONE DEAL: Patrick Ryder traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

THIS!
I think we need pay overs for him, we need him badly he's a gun! If he was playing on Saturday we be in a Grand Final right now simple as that really. A lot of people say we lost the game in the first quarter which is somewhat true, it didn't help being 3-9 at quarter time. I think where we lost it was in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when we were getting smashed in the centre and couldn't stop the bleeding quick enough. 2004 we won the Premiership with the Brogan/Lade ruck combo, can you imagine a Lobbe/Ryder combo in the side we have? we would smash the competition apart for the next 5 years!

Caro further emphasizing our interest and ryder meeting with ken possibly tomorrow morning if not the meeting has occurred already on footy classified. Monfries in regular contact and ken also in regular contact with paddy. Further Lyon and Hutch think our first round is fair enough to trade; paddy still thinks Essendon deserve at least a pick in return even when he told them to rack off and if Essendon don't take it ryder's manager forgot his name should push the case all the way

THIS!
I think we need pay overs for him, we need him badly he's a gun! If he was playing on Saturday we be in a Grand Final right now simple as that really. A lot of people say we lost the game in the first quarter which is somewhat true, it didn't help being 3-9 at quarter time. I think where we lost it was in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when we were getting smashed in the centre and couldn't stop the bleeding quick enough. 2004 we won the Premiership with the Brogan/Lade ruck combo, can you imagine a Lobbe/Ryder combo in the side we have? we would smash the competition apart for the next 5 years!
We absolutely lost the game at clearances in the mid two quarters.

A poster with sauce on the Crows board thinks Ryder to Port.
It isn't the same chap in the know who was positive Polec was signed, sealed & delivered to them was it?

Is it in their general (other teams) thread? I'd like to have a look whilst avoiding scrolling through pages of their anti-Port whinging & conspiracy theories.

is it true we're up for parting with pick 16? that's a bloody good deal innit? great second ruck/second forward in at a time we need to strengthen the first team, and those positions in particular. it seems like something we're ready to do, as opposed to working with the kid we'd draft with pick 16.

The great thing about getting this deal done with a draft pick is it doesn't break apart any of the club culture. The players can't be attached to a player that doesn't exist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great thing about getting this deal done with a draft pick is it doesn't break apart any of the club culture. The players can't be attached to a player that doesn't exist.

I hope we don't trade a young player for a high pick to someone else to compensate for no top 20 pick, though. That's the thing that might worry me for a while.

Just a thought here what if we did:
We lose: first round pick (16) our second (35)
We gain: Ryder, gws third round (40)

Ess gain: one of jaksch/O'Rourke and s frost, our first (16)
ess lose: Ryder, first round (17)

Gws lose: Jaksch/O'Rourke and s frost, third round (40)
Gws gain: our second (35) Essendon first round (17)

have absolutely no clue what we would offer gc for day

Last edited:
It isn't the same chap in the know who was positive Polec was signed, sealed & delivered to them was it?

Is it in their general (other teams) thread? I'd like to have a look whilst avoiding scrolling through pages of their anti-Port whinging & conspiracy theories.

Nah, it's some random guy who reckons that Adelaide is chasing a big star from GWS (Cameron) and that they are going to trade Dangerfield to facilitate it in a three-way deal. He also reckons that the club has plan to become a premiership contender in two years. Did I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Dangerfield would net them Cameron in a straight swap, but it would expose just how one paced their midfield is.

Anyway, I digress. Back to talking about a real premiership contender in Port getting Ryder.

Caro might be right.. but wait.. what does Bartlett say about it.. as he knows all lol
That Trevor Boat bloke played a blinder of a season for the cats, like you said, purple knows all

Caro further emphasizing our interest and ryder meeting with ken possibly tomorrow morning if not the meeting has occurred already on footy classified. Monfries in regular contact and ken also in regular contact with paddy. Further Lyon and Hutch think our first round is fair enough to trade; paddy still thinks Essendon deserve at least a pick in return even when he told them to rack off and if Essendon don't take it ryder's manager forgot his name should push the case all the way

Paul Connors ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back