News DONE DEAL: Patrick Ryder traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club has already paid the price this is about EFC getting fair compensation.

Oh dear.

If you think your club has already 'paid the price' you're in for a world of pain mate.

Arguing the finer details of a Ryder trade is the least of your club's problems.

Offering pick #16 is not going to help EFC win a flag.

I don't mean to sound patronising but I don't think you have any idea of the gravity of EFC's problems if you are talking about flags at the moment. Essondon will be battling for their very survival for the next few years beyond Ryder's career. They need to worry about fielding a side. Not winning flags. And when players start suing them, sponsorship dries up and the legal bills arrive the internal ructions could tear them apart.

Have a nice day.:)

Sorry but EFC won't just accept #16 a player would need to be included not an untouchable but one that's on the cusp of breaking into your side.
I think most of us understand that pick 16 + an O'Shea or some other fringe player is probably a fair deal in a free market but without us understanding the intricacies of the Ryder get out clause, the difficulties in finding anyone that would go to Essendon and the possible ban hanging over his head, no one really knows how it will go down.

Last edited:

The clubs proposal to Ryder is very professional.

Scheduled tour of the club and Adelaide Oval with Captain Boak, Angus, Ken, Burgess and the cockroach.

Even includes a scheduled "tour" of bay side Adelaide with a REALTOR that the club engage ..... VERY interesting.

Less money on offer when compared to Brisbane apparantly (~80k less), but the club is backing in its performances and direction as a selling point.

Last edited:
What EFC do with pick #16 decides whether it will help them win a flag. And Paddy Ryder is damaged goods. If he does a deal for a 6-mth ban then Essendon may be able to get a fair deal for him but if it is the full ban he is worth nothing. The club has very little leverage here and if a deal's offered I'd accept it.

But...but...essendon hold all the cards.

I think most of us understand that pick 16 + an O'Shea or some other fringe player is probably a fair deal in a free market but without us understanding the intricacies of the Ryder get out clause, the difficulties in finding anyone that would go to Essendon and the possible ban hanging over his head, no one really knows how it will go down.
I don't think the Club will give pick 16 and or O'Shea, who is a required player and don't forget must agree to it and who would wont to go to Essendon (ring a bell lol), until they know what ASADA are going to do.

Offering pick #16 is not going to help EFC win a flag.

Too bad, that is the best you are going to get.

Not our fault that you offered up your players as guinea pigs to a mad scientist.

By the way, you are not going to win a flag anytime.

I don't know that we need to derail the thread with 50 replies to one misguided supporter's posts. We don't even have any confirmation that we are Ryder's club of choice.

Keep your powder dry.

Scheduled tour of the club and Adelaide Oval with Captain Boak, Angus, Ken, Burgess and the cockroach.

Even includes a scheduled "tour" of bay side Adelaide with a REALTOR that the club engage ..... VERY interesting.

Less money on offer when compared to Brisbane apparantly (~80k less), but the club is backing in its performances and direction as a selling point.

C'mon mate this is Adelaide with a Crows centric media. Ryder would only come t the unprofessional Port because we offer an extra 100K and pay way over the odds. Just like we (apparently) did for Polec :)
If you wan't to throw a rumour together involving Port, at least find a way to paint Port in a bad light - how can cRowie use that rumour to bag Port tonight :)

What EFC do with pick #16 decides whether it will help them win a flag. And Paddy Ryder is damaged goods. If he does a deal for a 6-mth ban then Essendon may be able to get a fair deal for him but if it is the full ban he is worth nothing. The club has very little leverage here and if a deal's offered I'd accept it.

We should not be accepting any old deal that is put on the table, the fact that Ryder faces a possible ban should work in our favour not Essendon's. According to this morning's press Port have been taking legal advice on Angus Monfries' situation and are well aware of the ramifications associated with the ASADA probe. I have every confidence that our Club will have worked through the situation an if paddy wants to come to Alberton they will formulate a deal that works for us.

I certainly would not be taking the deal on Essendon's terms. Essendon have reduced bargaining power with a player who faces a possible two year ban and that goes for all of their contracted players. Ryder could ring ASADA today, admit to taking drugs and opt for a six month suspension. That would not make him popular at Windy Hill because it would implicate all those who were at Essendon in 2011 and would certainly finish Ryder with Essendon which would mean that Essendon would have to off load him for the best deal possible.

I don't know what they are complaining about, pick 16 for a soon to be 27 year old ruckman that could walk for free is an absolute steal. No way in hell they will get brisbanes pick 4 so unless they trade to get a pick in the 11-15 range (which will be very hard to get) pick 16 will be the best thing they can get. I am not prepared to include any players in that deal either, even a player like Hitchcock that will be delisted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a quote from an essendon supporter on their board
They would need to get a third team involved. Only player I would want would be Wines. Wingard is untouchable and don't think they have any other trading assets.
1- "only player I would want"- really our team made the prelim (AFL) and the grand final (SANFL) and you are saying that the only player you are willing to take is Wines
2- this bloke says that Wingard is an untouchable but fails to see wines as an untouchable :S, wines would be equal to or even more important to Wingard right now.
3- "don't think they have any other trading value" - really? See point 1 but even if we did they are not getting it, pick 16 take it or leave it. Don't want to take it he will come for free

Here is a quote from an essendon supporter on their board

1- "only player I would want"- really our team made the prelim (AFL) and the grand final (SANFL) and you are saying that the only player you are willing to take is Wines
2- this bloke says that Wingard is an untouchable but fails to see wines as an untouchable :S, wines would be equal to or even more important to Wingard right now.
3- "don't think they have any other trading value" - really? See point 1 but even if we did they are not getting it, pick 16 take it or leave it. Don't want to take it he will come for free

There really is no point quoting from other team boards. They are entitled to discuss however they want. If they come here with ridiculous assertions they will be dealt with. They don't decide what the deal will be.

Who do you think is in the box seat C4? Surely based on needs, ball park figure & ability to offer success for the remainder of his career we should be a red hot chance to have him commit to us?

Would that be the Largs Pier hotel?
Yep that's correct my mistake.

Seriously, Essendon make out Ryder to be Polly Farmer. He's a good footballer, good ruckman, but he ain't a superstar. I like him a lot and he would be great for us, but in his 170 game career, his only award has been the ANZAC Day medal in 2009 (a game exclusive to 2 clubs). No BnF's, no All Australians, no big Brownlow votes, nada. He isn't close to being the best ruckman in the league. He is also going to turn 27 which probably means he has a maximum of 5 years left in him. I want him, do not get me wrong, but these Essendon nuffies are freaking delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back