Dons more likely to avoid doping ban, says lawyer

Remove this Banner Ad

And this is the stuff we have been arguing all along that lawyers, i mean real ones, will weaken ASADAS case in any and every way they can.

All this case closed bullshit is exactly that.

see, this is the attitude that gets me.

if your last resort is to rely on your lawyers to get you out of it, you know you have done the wrong thing.

suck it up, own it, and get on with it.

see, this is the attitude that gets me.

if your last resort is to rely on your lawyers to get you out of it, you know you have done the wrong thing.

suck it up, own it, and get on with it.

I don't know anything of the sort as very few if any facts have been revealed.

Added to Vlad's "no points will deducted" and "don't think it will be fair to ban players if they weren't at fault" , I think the players are looking ok to avoid suspension.....and the club to go on and win the flag.

Of course governance will need to be improved and fine could be big but nothing a big family day can't pay. Much to the chagrin of the many many trolls on here. Isn't there an amazing amount of posters with under 200 posts who have just come out of the woodwork like hungry wolves baying for blood. Pathetic.

Added to Vlad's "no points will deducted" and "don't think it will be fair to ban players if they weren't at fault" , I think the players are looking ok to avoid suspension.....and the club to go on and win the flag.

Of course governance will need to be improved and fine could be big but nothing a big family day can't pay.
WOW..........just WOW.

Then go back and have a read of many on here that not only have us convicted but 2 years for each player and 4 years for Hird for trafficking. No reduction, case closed.

I don't think anyone for a minute thinks the lawyers will not get involved. Posters usually talk about what "should" happen or what they "want to see" happen. Doesn't make it fact, does it?

WOW..........just WOW.

Things need to be fixed and a few arses severely kicked, if we've done anything stupid coaches and officials may be sacked. But don't give me sanctimonuous bullshit, any supporter in our position would be sticking up for players. You're a complete liar if you say otherwise.

I don't think anyone for a minute thinks the lawyers will not get involved. Posters usually talk about what "should" happen or what they "want to see" happen. Doesn't make it fact, does it?

Then you haven't been keeping up with these threads.

Start with IanW....

Under a policy of strict liability (such as with ASADA) they say 'no'.

There you go.

Wasnt hard was it?

So asking the doctor/sports scientist/coaches is it ok. Then signing forms and maybe , just maybe saying i'll call ASADA and the club may have said "no, no we've already done that."

Some then may have consulted website and saw 'yep not banned'. Do you expect all footballers to have to look at subsection s0 or s2?

Isn't this in some way responsible?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And for the record (and my most sincere apologies for using Google), this is what is still up on the ACC site

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/p...-sport/performance-image-enhancing-substances

Call me cynical, but I fail to see how this helps essendons cause.

Growth Hormone Variants

AOD-9604 is a variant of growth hormone which has fat burning properties and may be used by athletes to increase power to weight ratios by better utilisation of fat stores.

AOD-9604 is about to enter phase three clinical trials.12 During phase two clinical trials it was also found to have an anabolic effect on cartilage tissue and may promote cartilage creation and repair and have a capacity to enhance muscle formation.13

AOD-9604 is not currently a WADA prohibited substance.

Of course governance will need to be improved and fine could be big but nothing a big family day can't pay. Much to the chagrin of the many many trolls on here. Isn't there an amazing amount of posters with under 200 posts who have just come out of the woodwork like hungry wolves baying for blood. Pathetic.

A tad arrogant perhaps?

Things need to be fixed and a few arses severely kicked, if we've done anything stupid coaches and officials may be sacked. But don't give me sanctimonuous bullshit, any supporter in our position would be sticking up for players. You're a complete liar if you say otherwise.

Please don't judge us by your lofty standards.

Call me cynical, but I fail to see how this helps essendons cause.

I'm putting it there for the record. I'd certainly agree some of the information is contradictory but the line "AOD-9604 is not currently a WADA prohibited substance" is of note.

I would wonder how many athletes would look for this information on the site of the Australian Crime Commission however.

I'm putting it there for the record. I'd certainly agree some of the information is contradictory but the line "AOD-9604 is not currently a WADA prohibited substance" is of note.

I would wonder how many athletes would look for this information on the site of the Australian Crime Commission however.

And the point the lawyer was making was that ACC has said this info was posted on advice given by ASADA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back