PC DotA 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It takes ages to get used to btw so give it time - basically its ****ing confusing for the first 10 games, and it takes a good 50 or so before you'll think its better than wc3.

I still haven't played with lurk3r yet. Too many distractions!

I've fallen back to a 1:1 w/l ratio after queuing repeatedly with some very noob friends for a few weeks.

I'm in the negative... just :(

Quite a few games where I've played terrible, quite a few games where i've had shocking team mates, and a few with my brother (who has 20 games of dota ever) have resulted in an unfortunate 77-79 W/L ratio :(

I was at 101-75 at one point. Then teaching noob friends started. I just got 2 extra invites from steam and it sounds like most of the people who got early(ish) invites/many hours played also got 2 additional invites. Beta is ramping up!

Far better than pubs on BA once you get into the higher brackets. Regular smoke ganks, timed roshing, strategic collateral pushing when no chane of defending, etc. About level with an average "got 5? -CM" on BA.

On the other hand there are also quite a few terrible players that make it into the better games when partied up with better players. Also sometimes the number searching is low enough to get shafted with crappy players, but generally speaking the games are decent.

I've got 2 keys that I'll probably give away, 1 to a friend and 1 on here I guess.

If any of you guys are interested, just PM me and add why you think you should receive an invite. I'll give the invite after a couple days I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far better than pubs on BA once you get into the higher brackets. Regular smoke ganks, timed roshing, strategic collateral pushing when no chane of defending, etc. About level with an average "got 5? -CM" on BA.

On the other hand there are also quite a few terrible players that make it into the better games when partied up with better players. Also sometimes the number searching is low enough to get shafted with crappy players, but generally speaking the games are decent.

Bloody hell, what server do you play on?
Don't know how the matchmaking works so maybe i'm getting paired with spuds, but to me it doesn't even seem comparable to BA? i'm a very average BA player, but i had back-to-back Godlike games with Riki (both about 20-1-10) and neither time did they buy gem/dust/wards.

Play on SEA. ~160 ping and far better players than West. West is a complete s**t hole of a server region.

Your other problem will be you are stuck in the "noob tier" of matchmaking when you start out. Play enough games and you drag yourself up to the better ranked matches. If I play with a friend who has only just got access I get to play in their MM tier and I agree the games are terrible.

Saw this post on reddit. THRILLHO, that you?

6YE6h.png

Re: Dota 2 beta keys

You're right about one thing, DOTA has lasted and should be honoured for really being the big bang of the whole genre.

However, I do think DOTA has really only lasted as long as it has because of the unique characteristics of the genre itself. It's quite difficult to switch or to play on a regular basis another MOBA game when you have been playing one of them for a significant amount of time, especially moving from Dota or HON to LOL (most different MOBA style).

Strategies in each of these games are different, it means leaving champs that you have learned, familiarlised adjusted to and maybe even mastered to start at scratch and learn completely new champs, strategies and play styles.

I'm not sure where you got the "everyone laughs at LOL players" mentality from because most MOBA players are in fact LOL players. They have the highest population of active accounts that surpass that of even World of Warcraft.

Some interesting statistics from mid last year (game has grown since then): LOL has 11million active accounts out of 15million registered accounts, everyday at least 1.4 million players log in and play the game. The official site itself get 6 million hits per day.

HON has confirmed that their peak concurrency is at 50,000 players at a time.

I can't confirm it because I havent looked for the particular statistics but I wouldn't be surpised if LOL players outnumber the combined populations of DOTA and HON.

All in all it really depends on what game style you like. If you like a more fast paced, quick strategy transitioning, actiony MOBA then LOL is probably for you. If you like denying creeps and more raw, darkish champs and creep denying, then HON and DOTA are probably more for your liking.

Yeah...nah.

Re: Dota 2 beta keys

I just gave away the last one of the last lot of keys I got handed. If I get more I'll contact you.

To be fair LoL deserves a bit of respect in its own right; in the same way Michael Bay deserves respect for selling crap to the masses. They do have a lot of users. Unfortunately the game itself is pretty poor. I subbed for some guy who was at whatever summoner level it is where you play with the professional streamers and won in my first game in some tourney he was in. When that happens you know there is something seriously wrong with a game.

I just gave away the last one of the last lot of keys I got handed. If I get more I'll contact you.

To be fair LoL deserves a bit of respect in its own right; in the same way Michael Bay deserves respect for selling crap to the masses. They do have a lot of users. Unfortunately the game itself is pretty poor. I subbed for some guy who was at whatever summoner level it is where you play with the professional streamers and won in my first game in some tourney he was in. When that happens you know there is something seriously wrong with a game.

Mind telling me the team name you subbed for and which tournament please. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back