Draft Barry Hall and play him CHB

Remove this Banner Ad

switch the play

All Australian
Jan 7, 2007
albury
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I see a lot of credence in drafting him-play him as the thread suggests at CHB.Reckon we would get 2 years from him and have someone to take the big boys.Reckon he would be super:thumbsu:

Why play someone who is at the very end of their career in a whole new position? If we were to draft Hall (which I hope doesn't happen) it would make more sense to play Roughy at CHB as he has shown he is capable of playing well down there.
But I'm against Roughy playing down back as he's a star up forward.

That thug has no place in our team, not to mention he's too old, and won't adapt to CHB quickly enough. Lake or Tarrant or Goose are much better options!

Tarrant managed to adapt. I wouldn't be against it, but I am hesitant. We must draft 3 players, thanks to the idiotic AFL rule, which means we must delist at least 3 players. With this happening, who will we delist? We would need 4 players....

On a side note, does an elevation from the rookie list count as one of the 3 draft picks?

Draft Barry Hall and there will be a greater chance of him being in the same room as Andy D one day. Who knows? He might lose his temper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just reckon it would free him up-and would certainly be a better option than pinch hitting with ruckman back there.Look through our back six-Birchall started as a wingman/Guerra a forward/Brown has been succesful as a forward etc.I don't think it would be all that big of an adjustment at all.

Barry Hall at Fullback would be perfect all around, for mine.
He'd more than amply fill a significant gap in our 22, and he'd finally have the chance to do the pestering instead of being pestered = no more brain snaps. Also, we'd have the room to fit him in our cap as a veteran.

I genuinely hope this happens.

Are the people who are writing him off as a "thug" the same people who've been lording our "unsociable football" for the past two years?

There is a very clear distinction between violent thugs who assault people like hall, and footballers who go in hard and aren't afraid to give the odd jab when provoked.

Hall is a criminal - has no place at Glenferrie.

I would like to see Hall at the CHF position next year. As someone said in a different thread, it gives us the option of playing Roughy down back until Shoey/Milne/Lisle develop, at which point we can move Roughy forward and Halls contract will be over. It gives us a lot of flexibility now, and in the future.

I think the change of scenery will be good for Hall too. He will only be getting the second best defender each game, and wont have three people hanging off him all the time - Buddy has that. Hopefully he wont get as agitated because of it, and that might help his on field anger issues.

Good to see the club is exploring all options though. :thumbsu:

If there is any truth to these rumours & it's big if, do you reckon this would be a Clarkson punt, much like with Dew with Pelchen against it (not fitting his strategic plan etc)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back