List Mgmt. Drafting Interstaters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is another draft where the value looks to be in the interstaters with many of the Victorians in my view overrated this year.

Doesn't mean we should only draft interstaters outside of Moore, but there are some interstaters definitely getting undervalued and worth looking at this year.

If we want pace Pickett, Garlett and Cockatoo are terrific (though so is Menadue from Western Jets - Victoria).

For onballers Bampton, Blakely, Neal-Bullen and Gore are all in my view getting grossly underrated and are getting spoken about as guys to be taken from picks 20 onward - in my mind they're all top 20 quality selections.

Lachie Weller from QLD is another terrific guy who if we end up with a further first round selection could be another consideration.

Durdin as a tall is terrific.

And Melbourne will do very well with Billy Stretch as an outside mid.

8 for Carlton, 9 for Essendon, Cats 15, Hawthorn 13, Melbourne 11, North 8, Richmond 7, Saints 12, Doggies 7.
I'm not sure where you have got some of these numbers from (unless you've left out recently retired / delisted or rookie list players). On the list of 45 players in 2014 (in terms of their actual state of origin), Collingwood had:-
NSW/ACT 2
NT 0
QLD 7
SA 4
TAS 0
VIC 22
WA 8
O/S 2

Club Home State / Interstate
Ade 17 / 28
Bri 10 / 35 (1 O/S)
Car 24 / 18 (3 O/S)
Coll 22 / 21 (2 O/S)
Ess 29 / 16
Fre 22 / 23
Gee 23 / 23
GC 9 / 36
GWS 7 / 40
Haw 22 / 22 (2 O/S)
Mel 23 / 21
NM 31 / 13 (1 O/S)
PA 17 / 27 (1 O/S)
Rich 30 / 14
StK 22 / 22 (1 O/S)
Syd 11 / 31 (3 O/S)
WC 29 / 15
WB 33 / 11

AFL 381 / 416 (14 O/S)

This is a non-issue. Collingwood have always recruited from outside Victoria, they have had great success and will continue to do so
This. We have a pretty good track record when it comes to Interstaters. Every now and again you'll lose one. So be it

Not sure where he projects in terms of pick, but can we please draft Nakia Cockatoo (188cm, 84kg) from NT Thunder?

Scored 29/30 on the kicking test (that Bucks originally devised), was #6 in the 20m sprint (2.91 seconds), #1 in the repeat sprint test (23.93 seconds), #5 in standing vertical jump (73cm) and #6 in running vertical jump (89cm) at the Draft Combine. Has played as a third tall/key defender type in NT, but projects more as a big-bodied mid (comparisons have been made to Patrick Dangerfield), and is apparently a good contested ball winner with explosive pace. Was BOG in the Young Guns game that acted as a curtain-raiser to the AFL Grand Final this year too.

Size, inside/outside ability, skill and athleticism - just what we need!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back