DT Rookies 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way Horsley will be given the vest after one poor game. Especially against the big bodies of the Pies, we'll need him for the 4 quarters.

Hall will be vested this week. Is coming off an illness last week, so they will probably ease him into it. I think he'll be subbed with Magin. Both similar players breaking into the 22.

horse..

Would absolutely love Stephen Clifton, Sam Gibson, Anthony Miles, Sam Kerridge or Luke Brown, Callum Bartlett, Brad McKenzie or any other Round 11 mid rookie to make themselves available in Round 12. It'd make my bye planning go a whole lot smoother.
Watch out for Callum Bartlett (First round pick 2009) and Sam Docherty (Defender, Pick 12 last year)

Expected to get some games in the second half of the season.

Guns. :thumbsu:

I'm really hoping that Mitchell will debut in the next month or so and make 250k+ profit from one of Magner, Devon, Treloar or Horsley.

For those interested in his progress, these are Tom Mitchell's stats from his first 3 NEAFL games.

1st game: 16 disposals (30 minutes)

2nd game: 18 disposals (45 minutes)

3rd game : 42 disposals (70 minutes)

Is playing his 4th game today. Hopefully will play close to a full game and rack up 50+ possies.

Tom Mitchell was apparently one of Sydney's ressie teams best on the weekend against GC ressies. (sorry don't have his stats, other than he kicked 1 goal) and got plenty of quality disposals. Played on fellow young gun Jeager O'meara before being benched for the last 1/4. Still to play a full game, but dominating while he's on. Might be half a chance for a green vested first game this week with Parker getting injured. (Eski more likely though)

Source: Paraphrasing Sydney team board report from someone at the game.

Might roll the dice and hit up Jamie Elliot, McDonald has almost run his race in terms of price rises and will likely get rested soon as well. By flipping Treloar into the mids and getting Elliot in I will have 10 trades and 320k to play with in future bye rounds..

What does Jamie Elliot's JS look like?
You don't have to be a Collingwood supporter to know he's only in the best 22 due to their injuries.

Still, wouldn't be a bad option considering he'll probably be hanging around for a few weeks.

The thing in Elliot's favour is the spot we are missing with Krak and Macaffer out. Until last night we haven't really had a forward like him yet this year. Very Medhurst-like. We have either had midfielders going through and kicking goals or the big boys kicking them, Fasolo has been handy in a similar role but he is different again IMO.
Obviously, being against the GC Suns it wasn't the greatest test, but he looked very comfortable and has impeccable skills. I just trusted him when we was leading up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he at least plays throughout the bye rounds, unless he has a shocker against Melbourne.

When you look at our injury list, there isn't a lot that off it that will take his spot, aside from Caf and Krak...so essentially he is battling against other VFL players for a game.

Yeah Elliot is above Williams.. Plus anyone who watched the game can see he is just perfect for AFL footy. For his size has great hands, great awareness and that goal from outside 50 on the angle.. Lots to like and is probably our best first year player this season. Could possibly be squeezed to the vest but i'd say he is pretty safe for a while..

On the block: Wood, Dawes, Williams, Young, Ugle, Pendles

On the cusp: Swan, Jolly, Tarrant, Toovey and Shaw, Paine

Paine is also reportedly close to selection having performed good in the VFL, however his recent ankle injury may hinder this. I'd say his only chance of selection would be if they retain Wood and Jolly in the same team and drop Dawes, which could happen...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Elliot is above Williams.. Plus anyone who watched the game can see he is just perfect for AFL footy. For his size has great hands, great awareness and that goal from outside 50 on the angle.. Lots to like and is probably our best first year player this season. Could possibly be squeezed to the vest but i'd say he is pretty safe for a while..

On the block: Wood, Dawes, Williams, Young, Ugle, Pendles

On the cusp: Swan, Jolly, Tarrant, Toovey and Shaw, Paine

Paine is also reportedly close to selection having performed good in the VFL, however his recent ankle injury may hinder this. I'd say his only chance of selection would be if they retain Wood and Jolly in the same team and drop Dawes, which could happen...

In what world is Marley Williams on the block? Shaw/Toovey not fit yet, he will play this week.

Then his role changed and he has become a spud.

Really? I havnt watched his last few games so what has his role become.

For me looking at stats he is a wingman and continues to play that role or does he not? In R9 he had 3 clearances so midfield time. Last week he was subbed under 48% TOG he had 10 possessions till this time. Maybe his 2 rebounds no I50s and no CL meant he played more of a HBF role?

If you look at his R7(scored 95) and R9 (scored 52) game he had more disposals and more clearances in the R9 game. The reason for the difference seemed to stem from his lack of tackling all of a sudden. He had 7 less tackles and thus 28 less points right there.

However for those with foxtel i would like you to share more on his role as i barely get to watch games these days and stats can only show or say so much?

In what world is Marley Williams on the block? Shaw/Toovey not fit yet, he will play this week.

Williams hasn't performed poorly, its just structure.. He will not get a game above elliot and with the ppl we have coming back from injury i can't see a spot for him in the team, however, he is above ugle and young so if there is space he will get a game but not likely he will be in much after this week or after the bye.

Williams hasn't performed poorly, its just structure.. He will not get a game above elliot and with the ppl we have coming back from injury i can't see a spot for him in the team, however, he is above ugle and young so if there is space he will get a game but not likely he will be in much after this week or after the bye.

He doesn't need to get a game above Elliot because they have completely different roles.

I agree that once Shaw and Toovey return and hopefully Johnno later in the season he will lose his spot but at the moment he definitely holds his spot.

I really hope that Tom Williams is not named this week, not even as an emergency, so that everyone jumps on Marley Williams as their mid downgrade (will play 2-3 games if lucky) this week, instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back