Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So dearth are our KP stocks, anyone see us taking someone's used luggage for a season or two?

Wouldn't put it out of the realms of possibility that Dodo would go down that path.
That is unless we don't nab a Mitch Brown (Sandringham) or a Mixhael Hartley (Coburg) in the draft.

I hope we grab Brown. Think he can replace Fletch for the time being honestly. Hopefully we nab him with a late 3rd or 4th.

If it's possible, i'd like to delist Chappy, Winderlich, Pears, Fletcher, Hams and Steinberg.
Bring in, in no particular order, a KPF, inside mid, outside running mid, inside/outside mid, ruck, KPD (project player like Gregory also acceptable)

If it's possible, i'd like to delist Chappy, Winderlich, Pears, Fletcher, Hams and Steinberg.
Bring in, in no particular order, a KPF, inside mid, outside running mid, inside/outside mid, ruck, KPD (project player like Gregory also acceptable)
The project KPP would only be on the rookie list though right?

The project KPP would only be on the rookie list though right?
Yeah, so basically someone like Gregory but will get elevated onto the senior list this time around, hopefully.
Then we'll have Hooker, Hurley, Carlisle, Gwilt and the KPD as our talls, which is the perfect number imo.
With the key forwards, we'd have Daniher, KPF and McKernan. T-Bell and Giles will be playing up there at times too so i think we'd have enough cover.
Of course if Carlisle leaves, it messes up everything

Yeah, so basically someone like Gregory but will get elevated onto the senior list this time around, hopefully.
Then we'll have Hooker, Hurley, Carlisle, Gwilt and the KPD as our talls, which is the perfect number imo.
With the key forwards, we'd have Daniher, KPF and McKernan. T-Bell and Giles will be playing up there at times too so i think we'd have enough cover.
Of course if Carlisle leaves, it messes up everything
See thats the biggest problem we've had is we've gone mids, mids, mids and half back flankers to the point where we haven't been able to develop them properly (Laverde and Langford would be exceptions as one will likely be a half-forward flanker that rotates through the midfield while the other is the 3rd tall forward). Then with the exception of Daniher we keep taking key defenders and attempt to turn them into key forwards which while they might be serviceable they more often than not don't provide an adequate foil for Daniher, all well and good for people to say oh Hurley, Hooker and Carlisle and flexible enough to play both ends, that only kinda works when they're all fit. As we've seen since Carlisle went down our defence has been left sorely undermanned and Hurley is left to do it all himself down back.

Throwing this out there as a different idea in the scenario Carlisle does want to leave.

Considering we will be looking to 6+ spot turnover this year in what I have read is a shallow draft. I would think it could be in our interest to chase two picks in the 20's (or on trade what we receive for him).

Thoughts?

*Pending on the talent available

Good example of this is how we got Jake in the first place: Lovett for pick 16, Pick 16 for 24 (JC) + 33 + Mark Williams.

Last edited:
Throwing this out there as a different idea in the scenario Carlisle does want to leave.

Considering we will be looking to 6+ spot turnover this year in what I have read is a shallow draft. I would think it could be in our interest to chase two picks in the 20's (or on trade what we receive for him).

Thoughts?

*Pending on the talent available

Good example of this is how we got Jake in the first place: Lovett for pick 16, Pick 16 for 24 (JC) + 33 + Mark Williams.
That's actually a really good suggestion. Two low to mid 20 picks makes our draft look a lot better. Let's say Carlton finish 16th. They get pick 21, and get pick 29 from Geelong for Henderson, I would be open to having both for Carlisle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading of future picks approved

Obviously happens the year after Ryder

But could be a big factor for Carlisle
Pretty sure the Ryder factor was part of the reason they approved it, both Port and Essendon said they'd accept last year's and this year's 1st round picks if future pick trading was available.

A good, common sense decision by those in charge, about time they got one right.

That's actually a really good suggestion. Two low to mid 20 picks makes our draft look a lot better. Let's say Carlton finish 16th. They get pick 21, and get pick 29 from Geelong for Henderson, I would be open to having both for Carlisle.

Spot on, you're never happy when a player decides to leave but that looks about as good as you can get to me. In most drafts there is still quality in the 20's

Pretty sure the Ryder factor was part of the reason they approved it, both Port and Essendon said they'd accept last year's and this year's 1st round picks if future pick trading was available.

A good, common sense decision by those in charge, about time they got one right.
This is going to sound thoroughly stupid given the trade is already done, but wouldn't it be great if both clubs sort of agreed to a our 2nd for their 1st this year. Either way if Carlisle goes it really improves our draft position for next year (hopefully that'll be a stronger draft).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back