Eight extend until 2015: Cameron, Coniglio, Greene, Treloar, Smith, Mohr, Townsend and Golds

Remove this Banner Ad

On Giles its more of a case of us wanting to trade him rather then Giles not wanting to re-sign.

Have to say very surprised that we have extended Golds contract but clearly the club sees something him that I haven't spotted yet.

He was one of the more exciting prospects from the AIS team before breaking his leg not long after GWS signed him as a 17 year old.

Give him time.

He was one of the more exciting prospects from the AIS team before breaking his leg not long after GWS signed him as a 17 year old.

Give him time.

Theres also the question of how much the contract he signed was for - he might have signed for $120k a year, for example.

Gotta keep Giles, he'd be running in the top three for the B&F with Ward & Greene. I remember the article saying that Cogs' family were going to keep him out of the draft for a year because they didn't want GWS to take him. How did that work out? :) Sheeds said in his presser that O'hAilpin would be retained. But Giles is the big fish we need to hook.

Gotta keep Giles, he'd be running in the top three for the B&F with Ward & Greene. I remember the article saying that Cogs' family were going to keep him out of the draft for a year because they didn't want GWS to take him. How did that work out? :) Sheeds said in his presser that O'hAilpin would be retained. But Giles is the big fish we need to hook.

That was an article from the hun, but the very next day his dad came out and said that was not the case at all. The only real issue with cogs was that he was undecided about the choice between AFL and cricket but the hun wanted to make it into a story that he was going to skip the draft rather then come to us which was clearly not true at all.

How many signings/extensions did The Suns get in their first year?

Not sure but its worth noting that going by the contract thread on the suns board they have signed only two players up until 2015 (Ablett and Dixon). While including the likes of ward, scully, etc we have locked away 18 players until 2015. But to be fair the suns do have 11 players locked away until 2014.

Outstanding job by the team at GWS to get this done. Sends a great msg about how these kids will stick together. Well done to a few behind the scenes as well like Lambert and CO. that have them pretty settled.

I'm with you on Giles.

On O'Halpin, according to the Current Contract Status tread on this forum he is already signed to the end of 2013.

I think that's wrong. When he did his knee there were a number of articles about whether he'd play another game for the Giants, etc.

The mail is very strong that Giles is on the trade table, as we are after a ruck who will win the hit-outs to advantage on a more regular basis. But as always time will tell.

Well NicNat was born at the Nepean hospital in Penrith. That makes him a Western Sydney boy. I'd consider a straight swap :) - other than that we have to keep him, surely.

Matthews intimated in the post-match presser that they'd be speaking to the likes of Patton and Tyson in the coming weeks regarding contract extensions, and basically that the guys who have extended have really done it well ahead of time. There's no concern with the guys who have yet to extend, simply that they haven't got around to having the conversation.

As always it's hard to hear the question being asked but I think the question was 'are you confident Dom Tyson will stay?':

"Yeah, we'd like him to and we think he will. I mean it's one of those things where a young player in his first year just wants to take some time and work out how he's going and what the future of the club looks like. Not that we've got our training and admin base sorted out, now that we're getting our coaching staff settled, they're the sorts of things that a young player wants to have in his mind to make a decision"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back