Preview Elimination Final: Port Adelaide v Richmond @ Adelaide Oval, 2:50pm Sun 07/09/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for your reading amusement, I present a "review" of the upcoming Port game by Liam Mannix of the Age who is convinced Richmond are no chance because (and I quote):

"After beating Sydney, Richmond celebrated like a team that had won a grand final. Realistically, it beat a team without superstar Lance Franklin and with little to play for. While its achievement in making finals is praiseworthy, it shouldn't distract from the fact that the club has gone backwards from last year. It relies heavily on a few superstars – Martin, Deledio, Cotchin and Riewoldt – with talent too thin below them."

Apart from clearly not knowing that Richmond has more than four blokes who can play, I'm just loving the entire "Sydney had nothing to play for" vibe.

Not one commentator said, earlier in the year, that the Sydney game would be a dead rubber. They ALL said basically that IF Richmond were still in the hunt in round 23 THEN we'd be no hope against the Swannies. But now that we've beaten them, all of a sudden they were easy-beats.

The stupid. It burns.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/finals-preview-port-adelaide-v-richmond-20140831-10anvc.html
Read this, my first thought was that this clown has not seen us play at all in the last 10 weeks, it was also my second, third, fourth and last thoughts on this piece of crap.

Matty White apparently got injured and was subbed out in the Freo game due to a groin injury. Would be handy for us if he missed the game but would be shattered for him given he missed out on our EF last year with that injury.

White wont miss, he was subbed out as a precaution as hes been having groin issues, no injuries were reported on the weekend for Port

White wont miss, he was subbed out as a precaution as hes been having groin issues, no injuries were reported on the weekend for Port

That's lucky for him and you guys then. Deserves to play a few finals. :thumbsu:

Looks like the only injury he'll pick up after the game is from a broken heart after seeing his beloved Tiges progress to the next week of finals ;)

May not be popular, but I think Conca or one other my be the one to miss this week to make way for Jackson. Seems AFL.com are reporting Jackson still has something to offer in terms of finals. From memory he may have been one of those that kept working hard in last years ef till the siren (correct me if I'm wrong though)...

I don't get how Never Tear Us Apart is relevant to football.

Just had a Port fan explain it to me. Apparently when Port joined the AFL, they were forced by the SANFL to split from the Port Magpies to form a separate club. Since then they've gotten back together. The song, then, is a statement about the unity of the Port Adelaide Power and Port Adelaide Magpies. More of a message to the SANFL than anything else.

I don't think it's lost on too many that PA have had a miserable second half of the year. Winning 5/11 failing to beat a side higher than 12th (Gold Coast) at the business end of the year, whilst at same time when the whips are cracking we motored home. 100% strike rate at AO, 5/6 interstate .PA haven't beaten us in 3 years , strong indication dimma knows how to bring Hinkley unstuck ....bring it on

If rumours are true and Jacko is thinking of hanging up the boots, bring him in to run through Wingard and Gray. He does that, we win, Simple. :thumbsu:

Seriously though, I've got a feeling Port are going to front run. They have Monfries, White and Gray. They will be waiting on the outside for the cheap stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's been posted yet but the club is opening up ME Bank Centre on Sunday for fans to get along and watch the game on the big screen. So if you're in Melbourne and want to feel like you're at the game it might be worth getting along.

I have never been a Jackson fan, but last year he was in good form. This year is another story he has battled injury and when has played has look way off the pace. If he plays this week it is a terrible decision and could def cost us the game!!! He is not the type u just bring in.. This is a huge decision. Personally I would leave him out.

Read this, my first thought was that this clown has not seen us play at all in the last 10 weeks, it was also my second, third, fourth and last thoughts on this piece of crap.

Same. Just had me shaking my head. Some people are in for a rude awakening and might want to buy a footy record so they can learn the names of all the other players who will be tearing Port a new one.

read the supposedly "unbiased" match preview on the age website which concludes with the reporter's assessment of the game:

"After beating Sydney, Richmond celebrated like a team that had won a grand final. Realistically, it beat a team without superstar Lance Franklin and with little to play for. While its achievement in making finals is praiseworthy, it shouldn't distract from the fact that the club has gone backwards from last year. It relies heavily on a few superstars – Martin, Deledio, Cotchin and Riewoldt – with talent too thin below them. The Power has developed a depth of talent across the ground."

never cease to be amazed by the way the media stacks their staff with what can only be described as absolute c*nts who have it in for the tigers

Port should be favourites but...wow. So much disdain!

Yup - looks like it will be fine and sunny on Sunday in Adelaide.
We need fast fit legs to combat Port's frantic run & carry game plan.

I would be thinking playing both Griffiths and Vickery to stretch their defence with marking forwards as well - problem is finding a player to leave out.
Wouldn't touch the backline because it has been superb over the past few weeks - Morris survives because he is quick.

Surely we wont drop Vlastuin - Newman would be an obvious one but that would be a huge call... otherwise it is Pettered who would also be stiff after just one stinker...

Tough calls - maybe no change is the best bet but I have a feeling that if dry Dimma will want to unleash Typhoon Tyrone!

.what about the current Jack Dyer medallist...Jacko
Do you reckon he might be a sneaky in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back