Essendon 2014 offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is why Essendon are playing hardball with Ryder & Winderlich.

Lots of players eyeing the exit sign, and if it looks easy to get out, there will be a stampede.
What could be an even bigger problem if they force Ryder to test the get out clause and he wins. Open slather on all Essendon players.

I think this is why Essendon are playing hardball with Ryder & Winderlich.

Lots of players eyeing the exit sign, and if it looks easy to get out, there will be a stampede.

If we simply rolled over for less than what Paddy is worth because of the saga, every tom, dick and harry would be lining up most players on our list. This is exactly why we are playing hardball. We don't want to be reemed by every other godforsaken club.

You really think a life member of the club would not have knocked this on the head if the reports were false?

You a hanging onto a very thin thread if you think he is not looking to make a move. It's boarder line donial.
no denial. I just wait to hear it from the horses mouth. Too many predictions, so many wrong. I choose not to get on the ride

If we simply rolled over for less than what Paddy is worth because of the saga, every tom, dick and harry would be lining up most players on our list. This is exactly why we are playing hardball. We don't want to be reemed by every other godforsaken club.

Can't take players that don't want to leave....

Nothing to worry about - just because 5 1st round draft picks have left in the last 2 years on top of the two 1st round picks they lost = Storm in a tea cup!!
Gumbleton - if he stayed, wouldn't have played
Kavanagh - wants opportunity. Has been passed by a few kids coming through.
Bradley - Never quite settled. Happy with Carlisle, Hooker and Hurley.
Monfries - went before this broke. Wanted midfield time (go figure) and to play in SA. We were also quite easy to deal with in that trade.
Thats 4. Who's the fifth? Ryder?
Lets wait to see what we get when Ryder leaves to see how bad it is.

I assume you are talking about Port players wanting to come the other way?

When are Port going to ma up and join the adult world and go and actively seek a second 1st round pick then?

No, talking about Essendon players.

You said if you went easy on Ryder, other clubs would reem you.

If no players wanted to leave, there would be no deals to reem you on.

No it is far from ideal and the club have brought this all upon themselves. I am pissed off about it.
This should have been fixed already but it will get done faster now.
The issue I have is other supporters being so sanctimonious about things.
A bulldogs supporter gloating about an exodus when 3 players are leaving their club when they are shite! Really?
I am happy for kangaroos supporters to gloat but if essendon goes down it will affect how much money is in the equalisation fund and you are dead without this. Your club simply does not attract enough supporters or sponsors.
The same goes for the tragic bulldogs who cant draw a crowd and cant win a premiership. at least north can. Facts are fact!
I hope we let go any player who wants to and get the best deal possible which will most likely be draft picks due to the uncertainty of our short term future.
However there will be a time in the not too distant future when this drama has gone, we have some exciting young players, hopefully a spine of hooker Hurley Carlisle and Daniher and we can start hunting opposition players.
We have a great training base, we have massive crowds and a massive television audience watching and hopefully we have learnt some painful lessons.
Can't say much more than that.

Nothing to worry about - just because 5 1st round draft picks have left in the last 2 years on top of the two 1st round picks they lost = Storm in a tea cup!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it is far from ideal and the club have brought this all upon themselves. I am pissed off about it.
A bulldogs supporter gloating about an exodus when 3 players are leaving their club when they are shite! Really?
I am happy for kangaroos supporters to gloat but if essendon goes down it will affect how much money is in the equalisation fund and you are dead without this. Your club simply does not attract enough supporters or sponsors.
The same goes for the tragic bulldogs who cant draw a crowd and cant win a premiership. at least north can. Facts are fact!
I hope we let go any player who wants to and get the best deal possible which will most likely be draft picks due to the uncertainty of our short term future.
However there will be a time in the not too distant future when this drama has gone, we have some exciting young players, hopefully a spine of hooker Hurley Carlisle and Daniher and we can start hunting opposition players.
We have a great training base, we have massive crowds and a massive television audience watching and hopefully we have learnt some painful lessons.

amen brother, a ******* men!

Maybe you can trade your first to the Power for Alipate who can then trade that to Essendon +there own for Paddy Ryder.

k thanx. good thinking :thumbsu::p
Check the spelling of alipate's surname. I was talking about the dogs supporter currently shouldering the hopes of essendon

If no players want to leave, then no club can 'ream' you because there would be no trades in which you could get reamed.

Ryder didn't want to "leave" his manager got in contact with Ryder's wife and told her they could break his contract.

As far as people in the know are concerned, Paddy isn't too non plussed about the situation, however, happy wife, happy life.

Ryder didn't want to "leave" his manager got in contact with Ryder's wife and told her they could break his contract.

As far as people in the know are concerned, Paddy isn't too non plussed about the situation, however, happy wife, happy life.
Or so the masses at James town believe. Where has all this info been printed?

Whoa big fella!!! If they shut the doors on Essendon it would be a tiny blip on the afl. 6.4 million people went to the footy in 2014. 400k credited to Essendon. With better scheduling in 2015 a big chunk would be made up - plus the new TV rights bumping any cost it would lose. The days of Essendon being bigger the the afl is long gone.

The arrogance of the people that run your club has filted down to the supporters. After getting handed the greatest sanctions of all time you would think this was a huge wake up call.

Don't worry about the Roos or Dogs - we will be just fine without Essendon. Welcome to the minnow club.

If we can't get Carlisle to walk to us I don't see any other club getting in.

Ryder ISNT worth more than 16. Take it and save some face. Such a proud club. Would be a tragedy to see them disappear because they can't just quit while they are still "marginally" ahead

Carlisle would certainly choose the hawks over the minnows!
He has been pretty adamant about staying at essendon.
Hopefully that doesn't change!

QUOTE="Oddhawk, post: 35578175, member: 135008"]If we can't get Carlisle to walk to us I don't see any other club getting in.

Ryder ISNT worth more than 16. Take it and save some face. Such a proud club. Would be a tragedy to see them disappear because they can't just quit while they are still "marginally" ahead[/QUOTE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back