Competitions Essendon Board Draft Game - Signup/Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Without trying to be too overbearing, should we have any particular plans for discussion after teams are finalised? Free-for-all is fine, but if we instead just gave everyone one post to plead their case about why their team is tops, it might prevent a groupthink cluster*. Although I guess that creates its own problems, and I don't expect people to like it. Any thoughts?

Without trying to be too overbearing, should we have any particular plans for discussion after teams are finalised? Free-for-all is fine, but if we instead just gave everyone one post to plead their case about why their team is tops, it might prevent a groupthink cluster****. Although I guess that creates its own problems, and I don't expect people to like it. Any thoughts?
I like the idea, also soaks up a bit more time before the season gets underway.

Yeah otherwise the winner will more likely come from their paragraph, rather than their team.
If it's a combination, is that a bad thing? I don't mind the idea of giving people a chance to sell their strategy.

Got 9 players on my watch list. 2 players I would be very shocked to see last the next 10 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't pass on Ibbotson there. How he wasn't taken beforehand is just bewildering. Quality player.

Would've taken him ahead of Vacroe. Vacroe has done SFA since the opening quarter of the the 2011 GF.

Would've taken him ahead of Vacroe. Vacroe has done SFA since the opening quarter of the the 2011 GF.
I took Varcoe on a needs basis. Probably should have gone Edwards there. Ibbotson was under consideration when I took Mackie, and then put him to the side until I filled a few needs.

I took Varcoe on a needs basis. Probably should have gone Edwards there. Ibbotson was under consideration when I took Mackie, and then put him to the side until I filled a few needs.
So it's bewildering no one else took him but ok that you waited?

Varcoe*

Yeah, big blunder IMO. You've got Travis in your forward line, he kicked 9 goals last year from 23 games, Edwards 22 goals in 22 games.

So it's bewildering no one else took him but ok that you waited?
Where did I say that? I needed to fill other spots. If I was picking purely on best available I would have gone for him a while back, and there are other teams that need someone like him. That's all.
Varcoe*

Yeah, big blunder IMO. You've got Travis in your forward line, he kicked 9 goals last year from 23 games, Edwards 22 goals in 22 games.
I forgot he played off HB last season. Hopefully he plays forward for Collingwood this year and kicks 30 goals to make it less embarrassing.

Just trying to clarify your definition of bewildering.

If you're bewildered you didn't take him earlier then I understand. However if you're not then obviously the comment is directed at others which brings me back to how is it bewildering for others but not you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back