Essendon players ready to listen to ASADA deal offers

Remove this Banner Ad

The players have been obviously very naive but I would like to see a favourable deal for them. The important thing is that Hird is never ever let near the club again in any official capacity.
Why would you restrict it to Essendon and official capacity??

I dont think the club was pressuring them per se - just giving them a very very optimistic view on what was likely to happen.
Pressuring/misleading them, call it what you like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hope the deals are off the table now that they've ignored them until now.
Although McLachlan told Little last month that the players could choose to take voluntary suspensions as an insurance to any future anti-doping bans, that proposal was never put to the players.

The players were offered a deal from ASADA boss Ben McDevitt in June which would have led them to serve a suspension involving four home-and-away games and finals in 2014, returning for round one next season. That deal expired in July and was taken off the table.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...eal-offers-20140921-10k2ew.html#ixzz3DxbT7Fki

I reckon ASADA will put the 6 months back on the table, with half of it being served in the off season.

I'm jealous of whoever gets to play Essendon in the first twelve rounds next year.

They'd lose Anzac Day for sure...

The bottom 6 sides should get first leg up

Although McLachlan told Little last month that the players could choose to take voluntary suspensions as an insurance to any future anti-doping bans, that proposal was never put to the players.

The players were offered a deal from ASADA boss Ben McDevitt in June which would have led them to serve a suspension involving four home-and-away games and finals in 2014, returning for round one next season. That deal expired in July and was taken off the table.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...eal-offers-20140921-10k2ew.html#ixzz3DxbT7Fki
Has there been any actual evidence that these deals existed? I'm sure I read that ASADA flat out denied any deals.

It's hard to believe that the Essendon players would knock that deal back.

They will, GWS, Melbourne and Saints will probably have their double up games with Essendon all in this twelve week period too.

Yep, they should then play Fremantle, Sydney, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast, and Geelong (all being away games) in the second half of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back