Essendon players ready to listen to ASADA deal offers

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked the bit about Tania castigating Doc Reid about letting poor old Albert down. I would like to see those notes.

They really are the perfect overachieving power couple.
Hird needed United nations skills to get Reid to OK the drugs they were pumping into players.
Now, Reid let Hird down by giving the OK to drugs that were banned.
What a fine upstanding human Hird is.

The players have been obviously very naive but I would like to see a favourable deal for them. The important thing is that Hird is never ever let near the club again in any official capacity.

Naive or not, they still benefited from being injected. They need to sit out for at least 12 months for this, otherwise it sets a very dangerous precedent.

Well times are tough now, Hird & Reid not best mates. Poor Hirdashians need to possible pay for their medical fees now.

I hope Essendon get an absolute whack from ASADA, from all the drama caused by them. I also think Essendon should every cent of the taxpayers money back that ASADA has used to investigate them. I am honestly upset that my taxpayer money has gone to Essendon, to further drag it all out in the courts, all because they tried to cheat to win games.

At the end of the day, it's Essendons fault and nobody can change that fact. They deserve every whack, from every taxpayer, company & organisation.

Don't get why people are stuck on Hird not being sacked yet, he will, but in time. If they sack Hird now, without any proof of what his done, they will have to pay his contract out. They just picked up the ASADA legal bill? No point banging on about how rich Little is, business is business and he would stick to that too.

Ban them for 2 years!

Last edited:
I've lost faith in ASADA going hard at them. If the players want to deal then ASADA will deal. It'll be six months max, I reckon.

I think it will be 6 months too. The question is when does the suspension period start? I'd be surprised if ASADA agree to have the entire suspension served during the Pre-season. I'd be guessing they players will be missing a couple of months of the 2015 season.

I think it will be 6 months too. The question is when does the suspension period start? I'd be surprised if ASADA agree to have the entire suspension served during the Pre-season. I'd be guessing they players will be missing a couple of months of the 2015 season.

They shouldn't be allowed to serve it in the pre-season either.
6 months was on the table though - yet the players knocked it back.
Now all the sudden things have gone pear shaped and they want to deal.
No deal guys, you can serve 2 years.
I hope ASADA whacks them and if the AFL are serious as well - they need to dish out more penalties to individuals.
I would like to AFL to come out and state that if Essendon get a completely new board, that the AFL will deal them back into the draft.
It is too harsh to penalise the club for the actions of reckless individuals.

I'd hope the deals are off the table now that they've ignored them until now.

Surely not for the players? They players have been pawns in Hird's disgusting little game. They deserve to be able to fight on their own (well, together, but away from Hird and co). Any offers that were once present should still be there.

Remember, the Essendon players are the biggest victims in all of this. They're going to be punished severely for something that they took unknowingly, from their doctor, would never have agreed to with full knowledge, and received no benefit from.

You, like your coach and president, need to lose the illusion that EFC is still in a position of strength. MA is having a joke. Your response is pathetic. If you can't take a bit of opposition banter without getting sour, you probably need to have a break from these boards for a while.
If you can't see that my response was also a joke then it's you who needs to take a break not me.

PS Please don't bring Firrito across either.

Last edited:
They shouldn't be allowed to serve it in the pre-season either.
6 months was on the table though - yet the players knocked it back.
Now all the sudden things have gone pear shaped and they want to deal.
No deal guys, you can serve 2 years.
I hope ASADA whacks them and if the AFL are serious as well - they need to dish out more penalties to individuals.
I would like to AFL to come out and state that if Essendon get a completely new board, that the AFL will deal them back into the draft.
It is too harsh to penalise the club for the actions of reckless individuals.

How certain are you of that? It seems like the players have very little voice in this, and are doing what the men up top say.

I think that the "players knocking it back" is either due to

a) The players had no option and just had to say what the club wanted
b) The players legitimately decided to knock back the deal, but it was under false pretences from the club about the strength of the case and their innocence

Either way, I don't see the players at fault here. I don't think any of them has had the ability to act on their own accord.

My undying affection for this remarkable woman just keeps on growing.

Dear, sweet precious Caroline you were made to be mine.

Love-Heart-Images.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely not for the players? They players have been pawns in Hird's disgusting little game. They deserve to be able to fight on their own (well, together, but away from Hird and co). Any offers that were once present should still be there.

Remember, the Essendon players are the biggest victims in all of this. They're going to be punished severely for something that they took unknowingly, from their doctor, would never have agreed to with full knowledge, and received no benefit from.
They had have 2 years to accept deals, let them burn * them they've had their chances.

Would be an absolute disgrace if they are still offered 6 months bans after all this time.

You have to wonder to what extent the club was putting pressure on them, for all this to come out now.
The advice would have been we have to stick together and we'll be fine. I think the emphatic loss in court after they were probably assured of a win made the players question the clubs' chosen path.

They had have 2 years to accept deals, let them burn **** them they've had their chances.

Would be an absolute disgrace if they are still offered 6 months bans after all this time.
Geez there is a lot of nonsense written on here. The investigation wasn't completed until recently. They have not had two years to accept deals.

Geez there is a lot of nonsense written on here. The investigation wasn't completed until recently. They have not had two years to accept deals.
I honestly hope ASADA goes hard as your club has dragged this process far longer than it should had, * THEM like I've said they've had multiple chances to co operate prior to this.

No mercy should be given

I honestly hope ASADA goes hard as your club has dragged this process far longer than it should had, **** THEM like I've said they've had multiple chances to co operate prior to this.

No mercy should be given
More nonsense from you. They fully co-operated and as far as I know there was one deal talked about prior to the fed court case, a deal that was publicly denied by ASADA iirc.

Spare me your pathetic attempts at justifying your POV. Just tell the truth and say 'I really don't know any of the details but I hope the players get burned'.

Last edited:
More nonsense from you. They fully co-operated and as far as I know there was one deal talked about prior to the fed court case, a deal that was publicly denied by ASADA iirc.
They didn't fully cooperate. They supported court action that attempted to throw out the investigation.

Players should be suspended for 24 months, they had the opportunity to cooperate.... they chose not to. So now it's time for them to cop their right whack.
Jobe to hand back the brownlow medal
With Essendon deregistered from competition for 2 years (hopefully permanently) every team gets an extra bye each year. Screw the tv deal, Essendon are not important in the grand scheme of things.
I dont see the druggies being tipped out of the comp - hobbled badly but still playing is what I see. I also think they should be required to have Sheedy coach them for 2 seasons on top of all other punishments.
The AFL are in hock to the TV deal (and therefore the clubs too), so a club ban is unlikely also given that it will in effect punish all the other players on their list.

Spare me your pathetic attempts at justifying your POV. Just tell the truth and say 'I really don't know any of the details but I hope the players get burned'.
Fully co-operating by taking a asada to federal court. Well done champ.

I think we're at the stage now where all sides want this resolved as quickly as possible, and we'll see a deal pushed through quite quickly. I doubt that ASADA will push too hard for the full two years, because they know that's the kind of sentence that will lead to more court action and I think they probably just want this case out of the way so they can get on with their normal agenda. 12 months backdated to when the SCNs were issued is a fair enough possibility, which would see the players out until mid-June next year. I don't think the players can really hope for anything more lenient than that, and I'm not sure the club will have too much say in it either way from now on.

As for the EFC fans who were earlier demurring that this court action was a "free hit" - how do you feel now? The loss in this court case has succeeded in underlining how misguided and self-serving the bellicose attitude of the club has been since Little arrived there, and the consequences are now staring you in the face. You've now largely alienated ASADA and the AFL - the two organisations who will decide your fate from now on - as well as the wider footballing public, and - if this article is to be believed - possibly the players as well. Whatever sympathy you'd been able to garner from the "corrupt / incompetent ASADA" narrative played out through the tabloid newspapers has completely evaporated now: the result of this case has made it clear that it's your club that's standing against justice and reason here, not ASADA. It's clear now that they have a legally sound case and you have nothing but blind obstinacy. The players have no reason to side with the club any more, the club itself is split across all levels, and there's no-one left beyond it with any patience or sympathy left to help dig you out of your hole. Even ignoring all the legal costs, I'd say it was quite an expensive "hit", wouldn't you?

Someone earlier said that the fans shouldn't be indicted because of the actions of their club, but I disagree. If there had been enough opposition amongst the fanbase to the strategy followed over the last 18 months by Little and Hird, then they wouldn't have been able to pursue it. Instead, all we've seen from the Essendon fans is sycophantic cheerleading and an almost suicidal degree of blind faith in what the administration has been telling them. If you don't want to be tarnished with the same brush as the sinking EFC administration, now is your last chance to redeem yourselves and the club. Oppose any further court action, denounce the administration for mishandling the situation so badly, throw your support behind the players, and make it clear that you want to see the allegations made against the club be addressed, and to be evaluated on their own merits. I have sympathy for the players in all this and I have sympathy for the fans who are willing to see reason. I do not have any sympathy for the fans who are all too happy to help Little and Hird push the futures of 20 young men off a cliff for fear of admitting they might have got it wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back