Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got your text, was sleeping on the couch.

Will gather the girls and text you the room number later tonight.

Ah, sounds like a plan. Life can now get back to normal..

Of all the people in this thread, I am probably the most likely to be Dank. I got my doctorate in chemistry from the university of Sydney before working as a senior research fellow with the Victor Chang heart research institute designing molecules that mitigate heart pump function for blood pressure patients. So lets just say I have designed drugs to alter performance.

I know a thing or to about the drug design game and their administration.

Of all the people in this thread, I am probably the most likely to be Dank. I got my doctorate in chemistry from the university of Sydney before working as a senior research fellow with the Victor Chang heart research institute designing molecules that mitigate heart pump function for blood pressure patients. So lets just say I have designed drugs to alter performance.

Ever heard of a pharmacist compounding a substance, then supplying it with no knowledge as to what it was or its make up?

Ever heard of a pharmacist compounding a substance, then supplying it with no knowledge as to what it was or its make up?
Not in the real world.

There continues to be talk, especially from the media (hello Robbo and Gerard c/o AFL360) that with ASADA handing things over to WADA, they won't appeal and this is all over because if they couldn't convict Essendon at the tribunal, CAS will be hard.

Bzzt, incorrect. CAS is a whole different setup to how the tribunal was run, bias and hidden agendas aside.

In response to how long WADA have to appeal, here is the response with loose detail of the procedure of CAS.
$100 Albert ends up in jail for perjury.

Hi folks. Here's an update from my friend. I'm quoting directly what he's said. For those thinking WADA won't appeal as Australia isn't a big deal in world sport, take note of the bolded section in the 2nd quote...

I just googled and the only conference was in 2013.
There was no readily available statement about team sports.
Although there was one about associating with a banned person as a coach or a doctor who has been found guilty of a criminal or disciplinary offence equivalent to a doping violation (such as providing banned substances) will attract a 2 year ban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nima Alavi comes to mind.
That reminds me, must print out that AHPRA notification form. The only issue for me is that as I am a doctor it may get disregarded as I don't have patients directly affected by his "compounding". However members of the public can make a report, you can free text reasons, perhaps "not knowing what he is compounding" according to the afl antidoping tribunal, or "being of dubious character such that evidence presented is disregarded" (therefore not fit to hold a pharmacy license)?

<snip>
In response to how long WADA have to appeal, here is the response with loose detail of the procedure of CAS.
<snip>
CAS is different from the AFL Tribunal. They can suspender witnesses via various processes not available to the AFL Tribunal, and this could take some time. The fact that they are under European law, and can get reluctant witnesses to testify, makes it a very different case.
That damned predictive text...:rolleyes:

Found a site that calculates damage size based on asteroid size.

http://www.convertalot.com/asteroid_impact_calculator.html

2 m diameter rock with density 2g/ cubic centimeter (rock - like) at 70 kps and 90 degress from horizontal (direct impact) gives 72 m crater with debris over ~ 200m. Sounds about right for true value center.
One of the problems with this scenario, (and sorry to go all science geek on you, but people need to understand the real ramifications) is that at 70 kps (not unrealistsic, particularly for a larger piece if the earth and itself are meeting head on.) air is essentially stationary, on it's journey through the atmosphere the air below it would not have moved at all. Stand two metres away from a person and waft a book to move air towards them and see how long it takes for their hair to move. Now consider that at 70 kps the atmosphere is roughly 10 km thick, it would take only a seventh of a second (0.142857 seconds) to move through it. At that speed air resistance is futile.

There are ten tons of air above every square metre of earths surface. So an asteroid 2 m in diameter has a cross sectional area of 3.14 m^2 or 31.2 tons of air that would essentially form a column under the rock and would behave as a solid (unmoving) under these sorts of compressional forces the air would act like the gases in a diesel engine and heat up and ignite but closer to the temperature of the sun, then it would - as the asteroid stops when it hits the ground - escape at incredible speed because now it's hot, and 30 tonnes of superheated sun hot air would incinerate everything within a square kilometre even if we ignored the actual impact of the rock.

Now take that scenario and imagine one a km across. (which by the way wouldn't necessarily see until it had already hit.)

Wot phun!

The upshot is, Essendon* and their illegitimate claim to be in the league would no longer be a worry.

One of the problems with this scenario, (and sorry to go all science geek on you, but people need to understand the real ramifications) is that at 70 kps (not unrealistsic, particularly for a larger piece if the earth and itself are meeting head on.) air is essentially stationary, on it's journey through the atmosphere the air below it would not have moved at all. Stand two metres away from a person and waft a book to move air towards them and see how long it takes for their hair to move. Now consider that at 70 kps the atmosphere is roughly 10 km thick, it would take only a seventh of a second (0.142857 seconds) to move through it. At that speed air resistance is futile.

There are ten tons of air above every square metre of earths surface. So an asteroid 2 m in diameter has a cross sectional area of 3.14 m^2 or 31.2 tons of air that would essentially form a column under the rock and would behave as a solid (unmoving) under these sorts of compressional forces the air would act like the gases in a diesel engine and heat up and ignite but closer to the temperature of the sun, then it would - as the asteroid stops when it hits the ground - escape at incredible speed because now it's hot, and 30 tonnes of superheated sun hot air would incinerate everything within a square kilometre even if we ignored the actual impact of the rock.

Now take that scenario and imagine one a km across. (which by the way wouldn't necessarily see until it had already hit.)

Wot phun!

The upshot is, Essendon* and their illegitimate claim to be in the league would no longer be a worry.
That's why I went for the smaller scenario, don't want to take out the actual airport/ innocent civilians/ accidentally my own place (near Craigieburn)

That's why I went for the smaller scenario, don't want to take out the actual airport/ innocent civilians/ accidentally my own place (near Craigieburn)
A 2m rock would take out a fair chunk of Melbourne's northern suburbs. That's what I'm saying.

You're nothing like Dankenstein, all he's got is a undergraduate degree, never did manage to further.

I disagree - I am more like Dank than you.

I started my professional life as a snake oil salesman and I'm still doing it. I know stuff all about running a supplements scandal but I don't know how to use a computer either so it is all sweet.

Wot phun!

So what are you saying is Essendon would have a legitimate excuse for losing the records this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back