Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be a refreshing game against Krasnodar tonight. A much needed rest for pretty much everyone, a chance for fitness & return from injury for some faces we will be grateful to see.

Robles, Browning, Garbutt, Pienaar, Oviedo, Kone, McAleny should all start. Ledson should get an opportunity at least if not a start as well. COYB!

To be honest, with such a young/unfit team I thought we would lose a lot more than 1-0 against an accomplished pro team.

Kone sounded decent on return, Garbutt a class above the rest? Wouldn't mind sending him on loan to a championship club for the rest of the season with Oviedo back as well now, give him some much needed experience.

Watched about 3/4's of the game this morning, agree with Ossie_21, players got some rest, some got a run under their belts, it was a different experience seeing the reserves run around, when was the last time Everton were afforded the luxury of doing that.

What matters now is doing the job on QPR on Tuesday morning, a win is non-negotiable.

Europa league draw on Monday night, 11pm ESDT if I have my times correct, espn only doing CL draw so will have to watch on uefa.com.
Teams we could play are, Villarreal, Torino, Celtic, PSV, Dnipro, Sevilla, Young Boys, Aalborg, Guingamp, Trabzonspor, Anderlecht, Ajax and Roma.

Normally I wouldn't be caught dead supporting a Merseyside club but win tomorrow morning and you send Liverpool into the bottom half. Surely that's motivation enough for you, eh?

Bit of deflection luck going our way in this one, but that's what happens when you put shots on.
Not the prettiest 3-1 win I've seen us play, but we'll take it and move on, still don't like the way we play to be honest, we still have a reluctance to enter the box with any vigour, 13 shots with only 1 corner compared to 17 shots and 7 corners created for QPR. At one stage in the 2nd half we had the ball just outside the box and lo and behold we've worked it all the way back to Howard.
Kev didn't look good, hope it isn't anything serious but that looked season ending to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ankle ligaments are s**t, I tore 3 in one ankle ( so I was told ) one year playing footy and I was out for 6 weeks before I could even think about running or even kick a footy.

Couldn't have been torn if it was only 6 weeks surely lol. I had a cast for a week, moon boot for another 5 weeks before I could even start walking unassisted again let alone try to run...

Couldn't have been torn if it was only 6 weeks surely lol. I had a cast for a week, moon boot for another 5 weeks before I could even start walking unassisted again let alone try to run...
Hence why I bracketed ' so I was told ' maybe the physio was telling me porky pies, but in saying that I couldn't do anything for 6-7 weeks, even kicking a footy after this timeframe was still painful, so whatever I did was a good job.

To be fair it's hard to know, at a pro level you'd have access to around the clock treatments to aid recovery much more than the average bloke off the street.

Hence why I bracketed ' so I was told ' maybe the physio was telling me porky pies, but in saying that I couldn't do anything for 6-7 weeks, even kicking a footy after this timeframe was still painful, so whatever I did was a good job.

Sounds prettier similar to mine, a real tear usually means surgery. Mine was a partial tear of both main ligaments, so just needed stabilization. What sucked for me is that it was 15 minutes into the first pre season game & it put me out for the whole season bar one game in the end. Could have played more but didn't want to risk it, pros usually are better off because they are in peak physical condition to start with & better treatment as RBB said above too. Did get back to running boundary etc for the club, just didn't want to risk jumping & twisting

Hopefully Kev is back quicker than Stones, who was on the bench last night

Sounds prettier similar to mine, a real tear usually means surgery. Mine was a partial tear of both main ligaments, so just needed stabilization. What sucked for me is that it was 15 minutes into the first pre season game & it put me out for the whole season bar one game in the end. Could have played more but didn't want to risk it, pros usually are better off because they are in peak physical condition to start with & better treatment as RBB said above too. Did get back to running boundary etc for the club, just didn't want to risk jumping & twisting

Hopefully Kev is back quicker than Stones, who was on the bench last night
I still remember the drill I was doing, we had to throw the ball out in front about 5 or so metres and then go pick it up and fire off the handball back to the next guy, so anyway I had my turn and as I went to pick the ball up, it spun back towards me and I stepped on it and thus delivering a massive cracking sound they heard from the social club 50m away. I did it ion pre season returning for the last praccy game and then the first game a week later I was cooked because I lost my fitness base due to no running during the injury.

On the game, are you as frustrated as me at the way we are playing, I want us to put more pressure on opposition defences, more ball into the box.

I still remember the drill I was doing, we had to throw the ball out in front about 5 or so metres and then go pick it up and fire off the handball back to the next guy, so anyway I had my turn and as I went to pick the ball up, it spun back towards me and I stepped on it and thus delivering a massive cracking sound they heard from the social club 50m away. I did it ion pre season returning for the last praccy game and then the first game a week later I was cooked because I lost my fitness base due to no running during the injury.

On the game, are you as frustrated as me at the way we are playing, I want us to put more pressure on opposition defences, more ball into the box.

That's what the Goodison crowd was wanting as well, not really happy with the amount of boos that were generating though. Especially when 3-0 up!!

Kone also looked solid when he came on, didn't look out of place but then again it was only for 5 minutes or so. Not keen on leaving Lukaku alone up front as much as we do, hopefully Kone, Lukaku & Eto'o can share some game time with each other. Besic had a beast of a game, his tackle on Barton was epic. Him & McCarthy in defensive midfield for the next 10 years, boy oh boy wowee

Southampton lost to Sheffield Utd in the league cup last night. Wanyama & Schneiderlin also picked up bookings which makes them suspended for this weekends game
163.gif

Kev injury update, scans due back later this week, not looking good if they need a few days to assess the injury, best case maybe 6-7 weeks, worst case season ending is my guess.

Be interesting to see what happens, there's quotes from him saying he'll be ok to play on Saturday :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back