AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Norwood, Memphis Grizzlies, Bengals
portpowerlogo.gif
VS
WesternBulldogs_246b.jpg

Last time we met
Western Bulldogs 12.11 (83) d Port Adelaide 7.5 (47), round 16, 2010 at TIO Stadium (Darwin)

Teams

Port Adelaide

B: Tom Logan, Alipate Carlisle, Jackson Trengove
HB: Ben Jacobs, Troy Chaplin, Tom Jonas
C: Danyle Pearce, Travis Boak, Steven Salopek
HF: Daniel Motlop, Jay Schulz, Mitch Banner
F: John Butcher, Justin Westhoff, Cameron Hitchcock
R: Matthew Lobbe, Dom Cassisi, Robbie Gray
I/C: Dean Brogan, Jacob Surjan, Matthew Thomas, David Rodan, Matthew Broadbent, Daniel Stewart, Cameron O'Shea

Western Bulldogs:

B: Easton Wood, Lukas Markovic, Liam Picken
HB: Christian Howard, Ayce Cordy, Jayden Schofield
C: Jason Tutt, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Liam Jones, Daniel Giansiracusa
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Barry Hall, Shaun Higgins
Foll: Jordan Roughead, Ryan Griffen, Callan Ward
I/C: Ryan Hargrave, Brennan Stack, Jarrad Grant, Patrick Veszpremi, Nathan Djerrkura, Thomas Liberatore, Ed Barlow

In:
Ayce Cordy, Jason Tutt, Jarrad Grant, Patrick Veszpremi, Ed Barlow
Out: Dale Morris (Leg), Ben Hudson
New: Ayce Cordy (Ocean Grove), Jason Tutt (Ainslie), Patrick Veszpremi (Sydney Swans)

Dogs preview
Well, as they say in science: out with the old, in with the nucleus (sneaky Simpsons reference). This week has been a week of change at Whitten Oval.

We bid farewell to our mastermind, Rodney Eade. In memoriam I have added this video clip:
[YOUTUBE]VkUq67rJNUM[/YOUTUBE]
Of course in order to make it relevant you need to change "Rocketship" into "Rocket Eade", and ignore the escapist fantasy of the verses. But you get the picture.

We welcome in Paul Williams. I don't know much about him except that he was an assistant at Melbourne once. I think.

Into the team we have three new faces. Ayce Cordy, Jason Tutt, and Patrick Veszpremi. It's a good time to blood them, against a team with an equal lack of experience, so it's not like we are throwing them in the deep end.

Cordy looks like he'll start in the backlines in the absence of Morris and Williams. Tutt is named on the wing while Vesz is on the extended bench.

I personally can't wait for this one. I'll be in attendance to see the new breed of Bulldog strut it's stuff.

Hall/Jones should be a handful for Carlisle and probably Trengove (Chaplin may play as the 3rd tall on Grant or Murphy if he plays forward as named.

Not too sure who is going to match up on Dahlhaus- I floated the idea of Tom Logan on the Port board but they think Logan will need a motorbike to keep up.

Our backline matchups will most likely be Markovic to Schulz and Cordy to Westhoff (If size and physique is anything to go by). Wood can sit on the impressive 2nd gamer in Butcher.

Roughead gets a crack at first ruck, against Lobbe who hasn't been too shabby. Brogan will ruck a bit for them too. For us, I can see Cordy and Jones both pinch-hitting.

All in all, I think we'll win this one easily and don't think it will be a game of any great heights. But damn I'm excited. Bring on Sunday!

Port preview by gopower
All we ask is that you supply the lube.

Gus' tip
Bulldogs

So flat ATM i really could not care :(, we will be lucky to 12k to the Freo game

New coach factor (well, old-coach-gone factor at least) and playing the bottom team, even if it is at AAMI. On history we should win in a canter but it's a volatile state of affairs.

Let's see if the lads are prepared to make a statement.

A win will be a welcome change for either side and a solid WB win will reignite the fans belief in our future, even those who are feeling "flat".

A big shout out to Steven Paunovic and Matthew Norton. Both mates of mine who will be goal umpiring this match.

Coincidentally- they both travelled interstate and umpired our practice match vs Freo at Bunbury. We're fielding a side almost as young as we did in that game this weekend.

Leading Goalkickers after r21:

Western Bulldogs:

Hall 40
Giansiracusa 39
Griffen 21
Sherman* 17
Grant 14
Jones 14

Port Adelaide:

Schulz 27
Gray 24
Westhoff 18
Motlop 14
C.Cornes* 10
Boak 10

*Not playing on Sunday

Port could beat us this weekend...our backline is VFL quality, it has potential, but it is very young and inexperienced.
Even though our half back line reads "Schofield, Cordy and Howard", our remaining senior players should get us over the line

...at least I hope so, as I'll be at the game :eek:

Leading Goalkickers after r21:

Western Bulldogs:

Hall 40
Giansiracusa 39
Griffen 21
Sherman* 17
Grant 14
Jones 14

Port Adelaide:

Schulz 27
Gray 24
Westhoff 18
Motlop 14
C.Cornes* 10
Boak 10

*Not playing on Sunday

Even though our half back line reads "Schofield, Cordy and Howard", our remaining senior players should get us over the line

...at least I hope so, as I'll be at the game :eek:
Hall is averaging 3.3 goals per game which is only behind Franklin at 3.6. But considering he has been subbed off a couple times and not right earlier in the season, if he had of been fit he would have more than likely kicked more goals than he did last year. Pretty fair effort for someone who is hanging up their boots.

We've put in our strongest forward line for a long time this week, I think we're actually gunning hard to win this game. Schulz, Motlop, Westhoff and Butcher (seriously guys, look out for this one!) will be difficult for your injury depleted backline.

The game will be won or lost in the middle. We seem to have brought Dean back in to get an upper hand here.

But let's face it, you're a better team than us. You should win. Comfortably.

But it's a danger game for you and hopefully we play like we've got nothing to lose.

This is the most confident I've felt about a game in a long time. In saying that, I reckon your boys will win by 6 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still laughing..i think it'll be close but loved the classic witty reply (that lube comment)

We've put in our strongest forward line for a long time this week, I think we're actually gunning hard to win this game. Schulz, Motlop, Westhoff and Butcher (seriously guys, look out for this one!) will be difficult for your injury depleted backline.

The game will be won or lost in the middle. We seem to have brought Dean back in to get an upper hand here.

But let's face it, you're a better team than us. You should win. Comfortably.

But it's a danger game for you and hopefully we play like we've got nothing to lose.

This is the most confident I've felt about a game in a long time. In saying that, I reckon your boys will win by 6 goals.

Where is the danger?

It's not like our coach can get sacked or we will miss the finals because of this game.

Where is the danger?

It's not like our coach can get sacked or we will miss the finals because of this game.

We just lost by over 300 points across consecutive games, your coach just got sacked which has caused a split in opinion on whether or not this was a good idea and you should be expected to win this game easily. If you don't, you don't think that will have any ramifications?

We just lost by over 300 points across consecutive games, your coach just got sacked which has caused a split in opinion on whether or not this was a good idea and you should be expected to win this game easily. If you don't, you don't think that will have any ramifications?

We are putting onto the field the most inexperienced team I have seen in my time. This game is all about getting game time into these players.

We should win, but I can't see there being any fallout if we don't.

We are putting onto the field the most inexperienced team I have seen in my time. This game is all about getting game time into these players.
Hopefully Jones lines up at full forward. He's shown he can take contested marks, now he needs to kick a bag of goals if he is the man to replace Hall. Also Roughy will be our main ruckman for the first time (with Cordy and Jones as backup).

We should win, but I can't see there being any fallout if we don't.
Only that Paul Williams will have no chance of getting the top job next year.

Hopefully Jones lines up at full forward. He's shown he can take contested marks, now he needs to kick a bag of goals if he is the man to replace Hall. Also Roughy will be our main ruckman for the first time (with Cordy and Jones as backup).

Where does Hall play?

Only that Paul Williams will have no chance of getting the top job next year.

It's a highly experimental team so I wouldn't be ruling out Williams on this game's result.

If we win by 100pts does it make him more likely to be successful??... I would hope not, but who know's going by the strange decisions we are making at present.

Where does Hall play?
Hall may go up the ground at times. He won't be around much longer, we need to see if others can fill in for him at FF.

If we win by 100pts does it make him more likely to be successful??
Unlikely to make a difference given Port's recent form.

Wonder if Mulligan, Stack and Wallis were on this flight.

@Klippo14
Mark kimpton
We finally have arrived after fog delayed our flight this morning lockerz.com/s/131198325

Wonder if Mulligan, Stack and Wallis were on this flight.

Was thinking the exact same thing, but Stack is the only emergency from them 3 isn't he?

He was the only one named. From memory clubs can do a late change with a fine?

Yeah, it's not hard to get away with and just results in a small fine. In saying that Mulligan is the most interesting name from that list.

Yeah, it's not hard to get away with and just results in a small fine. In saying that Mulligan is the most interesting name from that list.

I don't think he did enough to get a call up. Only reason I could think of is we're lacking in height in defence.

Back