List Mgmt. Farewell Ablett - Officially back to the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let him retire then

Thats what me, as a fan, would prefer. Not even because of Ablett, just principle. What good is a pick we are not going to use.

Unless that 35 is going to go to Port for Aaron Young and thats why the paperwork has not been lodged yet, despite everyone confirming it ;)

Thats what me, as a fan, would prefer. Not even because of Ablett, just principle. What good is a pick we are not going to use.

Unless that 35 is going to go to Port for Aaron Young and thats why the paperwork has not been lodged yet, despite everyone confirming it ;)
So what you're really saying is gaz for young.. I'm a little bitter, feel a little short changed, but sold, done, we all move on.

Unfortunately 35 gets it done by midday tomorrow. There was talk of us getting 19 in exchange for 24 also, but I think that is out

My bold prediction :(
Think of the positives.
The crocodile tears on their board will dry up and they can get back to collecting cigarette butts in Moorabool Street.

We smashed the inbreds, welfare dependency and entitlement.
We win!
All the best though to GAJ and Geelong.

Wow - And here I was prepping the emergency evacuation system for the Boddy nuclear meltdown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way
We win for sure
Very happy

Guys .. Id like to thank the GC for doing a deal , I think its best for both clubs to get it done after recent events. I was certainly not a strong advocate for his return but sometime events happen .. all clubs can do is make the best of it.
It was tough negotiation I'm sure and no one ever thinks they have received enough or have been paid enough... The upgrade next year should be handy if you have academy kids coming thru.

It sounds like everyone is pretty happy for the most part.
  • Gary gets to Geelong to be close to his family.
  • Suns move up 5 places in this draft from 24 to 19 and swap a pick in the 50s for a pick in the 30s next season for a player that would've retired.
  • Geelong essentially get pick 24 as Motlop compensation and sign Ablett for two seasons for a nothing pick next year.
Glad to see that, after the fact, everyone can agree that Duncan, Cockatoo or Guthrie and next years first rounder would've been massive overs. Everybody wins.

What a scumbag all about the $$$$ want everyone too go to his new website to read his message

I don't understand the website, every media outlet will take what he's written and put in on their site anyway and who else will be on Exclusive insight? Just him? He's gonna run out of content unless he becomes crime novelist (which i would read btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back