Universal Love Farewell David Ellard - announced retirement today

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you kidding?

90% of the time when someone leaves WA for the bright lights of Melbourne, they don't come back if they have to.

Plus he has his new business over there so whats the point in giving that up to return to the nanny state!
Well he could have played state footy rather than suburban footy. Completely forgot about his business to be honest.

Well he could have played state footy rather than suburban footy. Completely forgot about his business to be honest.
TBH, I think that he would want to have a year off to unwind from the pressure of AFL level football and so playing local football would be a good start for him. It keeps him fit and active while he works on growing his business for the next 12 months. We might see him step up to VFL level football in 2017 maybe...

I just hope that that the player who takes his spot, plays with his heart.
Thats why I keep saying that after the drafts and when all the players are back from holidays, the club needs to sit them down and bring in guys like Davey and Carrots and Big Nick and other guys who really love the club with all their hearts to come in and talk to the guys and introduce them to the club from a past players perspective.

Can you imagine a legend of the V/AFL standing up in front of you and talking about what the club means to them... hear them talk about the life opportunities they got out of just being at the club... even if they were only there for just a couple of years or they were there for 20.

Teach them what it means to be Carlton.

Last edited:
Thats why I keep saying that after the drafts and when all the players are back from holidays, the club needs to sit them down and bring in guys like Davey and Carrots and Big Nick and other guys who really love the club with all their hearts to come in and talk to the guys and introduce them to the club from a past players perspective.

Can you imagine a legend of the V/AFL standing up in front of you and talking about what the club means to them... hear them talk about the life opportunities they got out of just being at the club... even if they were only there for just a couple of years or they were their for 20.

Teach them what it means to be Carlton.

And they don't get any bigger than Davey Ellard either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back