NFL Favorite Player Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if this has been done before, if it has I haven't seen it. Just wondering who peoples favourite players in the NFL are, from your own team and others.
Mine -
Saints: Joe Horn IS the man, everyone loves Deuce, I'm a Brooks man, if anyone here reads SR.com they will know why I hope Zach Hilton gets a go, LeCharles Bentley, Beerman, Mel Mitchell, Darren Howard and I want to love Will Smith and Colby Bockwoldt.
From around the league my favourite players include Peyton Manning, Jerome Bettis, Michael Strahan, Tom Brady, Jake, Mark Fields, TO and Big Ben.

Re: Favourite players

Steelers : Hines Ward - Toughest wide receiver in the game. Can rush, block and can take a catch.

Other teams : Peyton Manning and Brett Farve - Awesome QBs, great leaders

Packers- Brett Farve, Ahman Green, Mark Tauscher, Mike Wahle, Marco Rivera, Chad Clifton, Nick Barnett, Chad Clifton, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

Other Team- LaVar Arrington, P Manning, Chad Pennington, M Vick, O Pace, C Samuels, J Ogdan, S Alexander, W Jones. Ray Lewis, J Lewis

Chad Brown, Bobby Engram, Matt Hasselbeck, Niko Koutouvides, Ken Lucas, Marcus Trufant, Ken Hamlin, Michael Boulware, Shaun Alexander.

I could keep going. :)

I love watching Priest Holmes play. Also Shaun Alexander, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss. But Michael Vick is incredible to watch is scrambling and with the flick of his rest he effortlessly can pass the ball 50 yards down the field usually right on the money.

I'll be also keen to watch Ben Rothlisberger and Roy Williams (WR) from Detroit to see how they develop too.

From my own Dallas Cowboys it would have to be Roy Williams (Safety). I would like to see a bit more of Rashard Lee (RB) but Parcells won't give him the damn ball. :(

1. Keith Brooking (LB) - Atlanta Falcons. Dirty Birds loyal Servant.
2. Patrick Kerney (DE) - Atlanta Falcons. Anther loyal Servant of the Dirty Birds.
3. Michael Vick (QB) - Atlanta Falcons. The future of the Dirty Birds.
4. Alge Crumpler (TE) - Atlanta Falcons. Been a star this season.
5. Travis Hall (DE) - Atlanta Falcons. Dirty Birds longest serving player.

Jerome Bettis has more class than just about any player in the NFL. He might not be the best, or the flashiest, but I've loved watching him this year. The guy is all class.

Deuce McAllister likewise @ NO.

As much as I hate the ego's, TO, Moss and Horn are all great to watch.

On the defensive side, either the entire Steelers or Bears defense. Love watching both of them this season. Azumah, McQuarters or Polamalu for the highlights reel though.

DBAH0 said:
Roy Williams, not the receiver, the safety. Most hated is TO easily. Loved the sign in Cleveland that said "T.O has B.O" :p

:D

What about when TO scored that touchdown and then pulled a black texta from under his uniform, signed the ball and threw it to the crowd. hahaha what a showboat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Redskins: LaVar, Portis, Ramsey, Laveranues, Smoooooooooooooot...

From the rest: Peyton Manning, Al Harris, Favre, Vick, Tony Gonzalez, Vanderjagt, Champ... to name but a few

From Redskins all time: Art Monk, Ernest Byner, Joe Theismann, Darrell Green,

From the rest all time: Sweetness, The 'Fridge, Montana, Marino, Barry Sanders, Reggie White...

Coaches: The Hat, Shula, Ditka, Gibbs...

As much as i haven't had time to keep an eye on the NFL this season due to work taking up too much time my fave player of all time is one Brian Urlacher

From other teams I like Roy Williams (Safety) Tom Brady, LaVar Arrington, Champ Bailey and Clinton Portis.

Rave Slave said:
As much as i haven't had time to keep an eye on the NFL this season due to work taking up too much time my fave player of all time is one Brian Urlacher

From other teams I like Roy Williams (Safety) Tom Brady, LaVar Arrington, Champ Bailey and Clinton Portis.

Since Teddy left he is not the same player he needs a biig boys in front to block the lineman or he get punished

Favorite Players & Man-Crushes

if theres already a thread like this, sorry.

but whats everyones favourite player on your team?
and if you have another on another team?

mines ricky williams :thumbsu: the mans a genious.

Re: favourite player?

Chad Ocho Chino although it's quickly becoming Cedric Benson.

Ray Rice. =)

I've always been a Ricky Williams fan.

Don't ever quote me on this but he was unfortunate to be drafted to the Saints. New Orleans was never going to be a good destination for a bloke like Ricky especially to a franchise out of control.

Ditka was a disaster for the Saints. He was a classic case of a bloke whose ego didn't let him realise his time had passed. The trade to get RW was ridiculous and made even more so by Ditka's ridiculous comments and actions.

Had Ricky been drafted to a decent franchise he'd have been an all time great.

Love watching him play but it's also a little disappointing to realise we probably missed his best while he spent his prime years in the hills behind Nimbin looking for salvation. I guess the Saints can do that to you. :)

As for favourite player, from the Saints I would probably say Bush. I don't think he's our best player and he's also one of the most frustrating but when he's on, he's always a home run threat.

TBH, there's not a player at the Saints ATM I dislike. Other than Shockey none really come accross as dick heads.

From other teams there's probably at least one player I'd include in my favourites (even the Falcons)

Bob Sanders would probably be my favourite non-Saint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back