Prediction Fears for Next Year

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure we are already the running joke of the comp. our greatest moments since 64 is a prelim that we lost to the Hawks in 87 and actually making the GF in 2000 (only to go on and get flogged). That's pretty weak I reckon. I actually think I'll never see us win a flag and I'm still only 38. Now that's depressing
Don't you mean deepressing?

I understand that we are a joke. Few clubs could have ****ed up their season the way we did this year. But at least the saints and tigers don't really have bragging rights over us because they also haven't won a premiership in ages. But if the tigers win on Saturday, they will be recast as a born again powerhouse and it will be down to saints and us as the last true loser clubs.

Saying that I have a lot more real optimism for this current MFC team than any previous bunch. I remember how deflating it was around 2010-11 hoping to see improvement and see the young dees take a big scalp, but that never really eventuated. Instead the club collapsed. This year on the other hand, our young dees beat Adelaide in Adelaide and WCE in Perth which have traditionally been slaughter yards for MFC teams. I think in our young players there is a confidence and trust in what they are doing that hasn't really existed in previous young dees teams. At least not as far as I can remember which is back to the mid 90's. I could well be imagining it, but I feel like the signs are pointing towards a revival.

That's the thing though, I think it's hard for us dees supporters to gauge perspective since as a club we've been down for so long, and are coming back from a place that was just far too s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back