Prediction Fears for Next Year

Remove this Banner Ad

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
First time starting a new thread, so hopefully all works well. Essentially I was thinking about 2018 for us the other day, and the demons supporter in me couldn't help but go straight to all of the ways it could go wrong, all of the potential negatives.

I want to see if other Dees supporters think the same way, so I have put down some of things I worry about happening next year below, please everyone add in your MFC nightmare for 2018.

1. Oliver gets a big head on the back of his good season this year and slacks off.
2. Gawn can't stay fit long enough to recapture his best form.
3. Viney's foot injure develops into something that will hinder him long term
4. Now that Richmond are good, we turn into the new Richmond and end up coming ninth every year

Please do not linger in this thread if you are prone to depression, we accept no responsibility for the mental health and well-being of any readers.

It's time to dim the lights, seal up the tunnel, and put on the veil of negativity.

I present to you, the 4 stages of enshitenment:

Stage 1: One Finger
-Gawn is but a one-season wonder, who becomes a liability. Lewis slows and is dropped midyear, with criticism of his recruitment in the first place. We finish 10th.

Stage 2: Two Fingers
-we play and lose to a Collingwood team Round 1 that managed to snatch Lever from under our nose, get off to a 0-3 start, Hogan looks disinterested, forward line won't function, Viney only plays half a season from injury, Petracca flirts with offers from other clubs

Stage 3: Three Fingers
-Jetta, Garlett and Hogan move to WA end of 2018 in one hit. We lose five of opening six. Hogan and Brayshaw get injured again. BenKen gets involved in the underworld and drags Oliver, Salem and Petracca down with him.

Stage 4: Fully #FistedForever
-we go 2-8 in the first 10. Omac, TMac, Pedo all go down, and Tom Gillies is drafted in to cover our backline alongside crippled Col Garland defending on one leg. Goodwin rips of his mask to reveal he is N**ld all along. Lumumba becomes his senior assistant. Exodus of players at year's end.

Last edited:

if we dont win a final next year as a bare minimum the whole season will be a failure for me.
This is me. Not making the 8 would be a huge disappointment. Scarey idea too - there is literally no reason why the competition would be any less close, or the results more predictable than this year. So nothing is guaranteed

Biggest fear is signing up again for my 36th consecutive year as a member and for the credit card payment going through. Another year of drinking the cool aid and swallowing the hype only to end up like this....

upload_2017-9-19_9-31-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-19_9-32-4.png
    upload_2017-9-19_9-32-4.png
    42 KB · Views: 7
I wouldn't be surprised if we go backwards next year, the competition is so even that there is no guarantee that we will continue to improve.

Petracca and Oliver plateu like every other promising youngster we have had since robbie flower. Michael Hibberd goes back to being s**t like every other AA we have had. When was out last back to back AA? Gaz in the 90s?

All of our middle tier stay at the same B grade level. That's Tyson Watts Tmac Salem Viney Melk etc. Melbourne has had an inability to get these players to step up.

We start the season beating a top 8 side from next year only to lose to NM at the MCG again.

We start the season beating a top 8 side from next year only to lose to NM at the MCG again.
yes. That would be my number 2 fear. I truly cannot hack another year of this stupid streak that I am now upgrading to a curse. Also this means we would have to live with Sir Hugh wearing some horrible avatar again.

Last edited:
yes. That would be my number 2 fear. I truly cannot hack another year of this stupid streak that I am now upgrading to a curse. Also this means we would have to live with Sir Hugh wearing some horrible avatar again.
It is inexplicable that we can't beat North. Someone needs to stop Ben Cunnington next time even if it's Buggs less than normal ways

It is inexplicable that we can't beat North. Someone needs to stop Ben Cunnington next time even if it's Buggs less than normal ways
I think that is the week we promote Vince from his Casey schedule (in my head this is how it is going to work, anyway) and give him a kind of revenge brief without concerns about suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan misses half of the year
Gawn misses half of the year
Jones & Viney miss big chunks of the season

Oh wait that was 2017
I was going to say I've heard this before.

I think that is the week we promote Vince from his Casey schedule (in my head this is how it is going to work, anyway) and give him a kind of revenge brief without concerns about suspension.
Bernie could yet play for another 4 years under this strategy. In for 1 week to belt someone and then out for 4 or until we need him again

Bernie could yet play for another 4 years under this strategy. In for 1 week to belt someone and then out for 4 or until we need him again

We tried this strategy with Rod Grinter on Terry Wallace in the '88 and later both he and the club got sued.

Biggest fear is signing up again for my 36th consecutive year as a member and for the credit card payment going through. Another year of drinking the cool aid and swallowing the hype only to end up like this....

View attachment 417587

What are you going to do when you hit my 55 consecutive years?

Worst fear is exactly the same as my worst fear for this season. Our losing streak to North continues and we miss the 8. Every chance of happening again next season tbh. The North streak is just mind boggling and I think actually does sit on the players minds now, for both clubs. They know they have a mental edge on us, and we feel the weight of pressure. Its rediculous..

NM in Round 1 is my nightmare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back