FFA Cup Final – Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory Dec 16

Remove this Banner Ad

They suspended betting for a Phoenix win for this weekend after all of that. Phoenix were $6.50! Victory were decimated tonight but still kept at us even down to 9 men and could've equalised 3-3. Very good team. But, still, GIRFUY!!!!!! :D

explain champions league then
Good grief

Its pretty clear here that weekday nights and Sunday nights aren't popular for matchday timeslots for obvious reasons. Were not Europe, no high profile stuff to make up for the poor timeslot, the CL is the best of the best in Europe. And the fan base is large enough for weekday evenings to be successful.

The only games that would get fans en masse on weekday nights are internationals or against hugely popular teams overseas, because lots more people will do whatever it takes to be there. ALeague crowds on Wednesday nights are not going to be as good as weekend crowds let alone CL crowds. I like to see FFA become successful, but they are delusional if putting games these nights are going to get bums on seats like more high profile matches.

Last edited:
Milligan was a disgrace with his treatment of the ref last night. Then there was the rubbing out of the foam when a free kick was given in extra time after the red card. Has he always been like that or this the influence of that animal who coaches them.

Milligan was a disgrace with his treatment of the ref last night. Then there was the rubbing out of the foam when a free kick was given in extra time after the red card. Has he always been like that or this the influence of that animal who coaches them.

He's always argued with the refs, but then he's not the only player in the A-league to do that. All I'll say is that its a lot easier to tolerate/like a bloke when he plays for your team, just like how your mob loved Jacob Burns for years even though he was an absolute campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burns was tolerated from those fans who saw how important he was. Loathed by anyone else who didn't. I've thought Milligan was an excellent player but his haranguing of the ref was poor last night.

why does it always have to come back to Muscat?, from what I've seen Muscat the player is not Muscat the Manger (so far)
Milligan is our captain he has a right to take issues with the ref especially if the ref is having a shocker like he did last night. although I don't particularly like it because your never going to change the refs decisions.

As for Burns he was an absolute Dirty C*nt of a player and he use to be just as bad with back talk to the refs if not worse! (thats my two cents worth)

Milligan physically touched the ref and deliberately rubbed away the foam where it had been put following a justified free kick and yellow card which led to a red. Never saw Burns do that. Touching the ref is a massive no no. You might think the ref 'had a shocker' with the penalty too I assume? Broxham the cart horse impeded the Glory player. The Victory players (led by their again) yelled at the ref to look at the screen and when the replay was shown on the big screen they stopped their protests. It was blatant and they knew it. Reminded me of their coach when a player. Is there a direct correlation? That's up for debate.

Oh and yeah and Burns was an absolute dog in games that matter like the 2012 GF when he got the man of the match..eventually.

Milligan physically touched the ref and deliberately rubbed away the foam where it had been put following a justified free kick and yellow card which led to a red. Never saw Burns do that. Touching the ref is a massive no no. You might think the ref 'had a shocker' with the penalty too I assume? Broxham the cart horse impeded the Glory player. The Victory players (led by their again) yelled at the ref to look at the screen and when the replay was shown on the big screen they stopped their protests. It was blatant and they knew it. Reminded me of their coach when a player. Is there a direct correlation? That's up for debate.

Oh and yeah and Burns was an absolute dog in games that matter like the 2012 GF when he got the man of the match..eventually.

he was a Dirty *** simple, just like Muscat, don't try and justify him because of one match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief

Its pretty clear here that weekday nights and Sunday nights aren't popular for matchday timeslots for obvious reasons. Were not Europe, no high profile stuff to make up for the poor timeslot, the CL is the best of the best in Europe. And the fan base is large enough for weekday evenings to be successful.

The only games that would get fans en masse on weekday nights are internationals or against hugely popular teams overseas, because lots more people will do whatever it takes to be there. ALeague crowds on Wednesday nights are not going to be as good as weekend crowds let alone CL crowds. I like to see FFA become successful, but they are delusional if putting games these nights are going to get bums on seats like more high profile matches.
What about weekday Eagles and Dockers? plenty of fans. They won't turn up though because our city is sleepy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back