PS4 Final Fantasy VII Remake

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone who has literally never touched a Final Fantasy game, would this be something that I could enjoy the experience of or is a whole nostalgia factor thing that will make it what it is?

Depends on how they handle it. You've enjoyed RPGs like Pokemon in the past I believe so the battle system has some similar elements to it (fire magic melts ice, thunder trumps water, etc) so you could pick it up.

But there are extra elements attached. The issue is that most modern Final Fantasy games have much different battle systems than the era that this is coming from. But if you're a fan of turn based RPGs this is one of the best. Plus this was a lot of people's first RPG so I imagine the games intricacies should be fine for anyone coming into the game new.

Final Fantasy X is probably the best FF game for a novice to enter once you get your head around that games upgrade system and that's available on PS4 as a remastered game.

FF7 is HANDS DOWN the greatest game I have ever played. I finished the entire game. Went back years later and finished it completely (emerald weapon, etc). I even enjoyed watching my best friend play it.

Still own it. Still have a PS2 with a memory card dedicated for it. The only other RPG I will play apart from FF7 is Suikoden.

Anyways, I'll be getting this for sure. And I don't even own a PS4.

Do yourself a favour and go to YouTube and play the Cosmo Canyon theme... Awesome!

FF7 is HANDS DOWN the greatest game I have ever played. I finished the entire game. Went back years later and finished it completely (emerald weapon, etc). I even enjoyed watching my best friend play it.

Still own it. Still have a PS2 with a memory card dedicated for it. The only other RPG I will play apart from FF7 is Suikoden.

Anyways, I'll be getting this for sure. And I don't even own a PS4.

Do yourself a favour and go to YouTube and play the Cosmo Canyon theme... Awesome!

Mmm dat tune.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*ftfy*

4c56f28203de254f74ade6d375c2c198.jpg

This post is almost as amazing as this news.

Blissed out right now!

haha, had forgotten about that... hopefully we're allowed to skip those animations in the new game.

BTW - who needs card games when you've got chocobo breeding!

Think this game was my favourite news of e3.

Depends on how they handle it. You've enjoyed RPGs like Pokemon in the past I believe so the battle system has some similar elements to it (fire magic melts ice, thunder trumps water, etc) so you could pick it up.

But there are extra elements attached. The issue is that most modern Final Fantasy games have much different battle systems than the era that this is coming from. But if you're a fan of turn based RPGs this is one of the best. Plus this was a lot of people's first RPG so I imagine the games intricacies should be fine for anyone coming into the game new.

Final Fantasy X is probably the best FF game for a novice to enter once you get your head around that games upgrade system and that's available on PS4 as a remastered game.

Advice taken & may I just say that I am forever in your debt my friend.

Pretty pumped for this number XII now!

I could play it cool & claim I did that on purpose because X-2 is on the same disk & I'll be playing that next.... But I'm pretty sure X-2 is not number 12 anyway so I'd still be wrong.

I concede, it was a typo. Good pick up mate :p

I'm pumped for VII :cool:
Yeah, not 12, just pt. 2. If you like getting 'best endings' for games, don't play it. The criteria will drive you insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back