Discussion Finals Week 3: Predictions, Photos, and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think even that should be a justification. If the MCG collapsed today and they moved the GF to ANZ, would Sydney get home guernsey advantage over, say, a higher-ranked Brisbane?
Didn't say I agreed with what I observed, it was just a notation . . .

On that subject - any crappy matchups in VFL/WAFL etc Grand Finals? Ones where a clash top would be used if it was round 3 or where one never is but really should?

Not a Grand Final, but last weekend Port Melbourne played Footscray in the Prelim. It was Footscray's home game (despite being played at NPO), and when the two teams met in the H+A, Footscray wore a clash strip.
But in this game, since apparently Port's only "alternate" strip is their commemorative one with a big white logo on the front, both teams wore kits of royal blue, red and white.

Alexander+Robinson+VFL+Preliminary+Final+Footscray+Q-VZRiWzfhol.jpg

As a Footscray fan at the ground, it was like a trippy nightmare; thinking we'd linked up a brilliant passage of play, only for my eyes to focus and find we'd turned it over :O

Not a Grand Final, but last weekend Port Melbourne played Footscray in the Prelim. It was Footscray's home game (despite being played at NPO), and when the two teams met in the H+A, Footscray wore a clash strip.
But in this game, since apparently Port's only "alternate" strip is their commemorative one with a big white logo on the front, both teams wore kits of royal blue, red and white.

Alexander+Robinson+VFL+Preliminary+Final+Footscray+Q-VZRiWzfhol.jpg

As a Footscray fan at the ground, it was like a trippy nightmare; thinking we'd linked up a brilliant passage of play, only for my eyes to focus and find we'd turned it over :O

Are you serious, those jumpers didn't clash 20 years ago, that's just stupid, they are completely different designs

Tomato please for me.
No really.
This issue has been discussed numerous times this season. It's the freaking Prelim Finals and so yes, it's a pretty sure bet there won't be any weird tops popping up with no notice. But still.
Have we seen whether North is wearing white or blue tops? In round 4 it was white but the time before that it was blue.

Considering how up-in-arms you got during the year over people using over-sized fonts and posting jumper matchups before you got around to it, and how frustrated you were that the rules weren't being followed, can we please PLEASE just wait until there's something really clear about the jumper matchups before they're posted.
It's really quite simple. You can't call the goal before the ball goes through the sticks, even if it's pretty much impossible that it's gonna be anything but a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North versus Sydney is one of the best jumper match-ups in the league. Probably just behind West Coast away to Sydney or Gold Coast

North versus Sydney is one of the best jumper match-ups in the league. Probably just behind West Coast away to Sydney or Gold Coast
Except it allows a team in fully white jumpers to play against a team that has white as 50% of the front of their kit.

This in the same competition that deems Adelaide's 3 gold hoops to clash with Hawthorn's mainly gold tops, and allows Hawthorn to wear mainly brown against teams in black.

Except it allows a team in fully white jumpers to play against a team that has white as 50% of the front of their kit.

This in the same competition that deems Adelaide's 3 gold hoops to clash with Hawthorn's mainly gold tops, and allows Hawthorn to wear mainly brown against teams in black.
No clash though, despite all the white

I stand by this from earlier :p
Here's my response to that...

"Thanks for the still, close-up photos. It's been fairly well established on this forum IMO that these photos don't give an accurate representation of in-match fast-paced action, either zoomed out so you can see more than just the 5 players contesting the ball or sitting in the stands.
"Ohhhh, was that a goal, ump?"
hitthepost, Saturday at 10:50 AM Report
#69 Finals week 2 predictions

Here's my response to that...

"Thanks for the still, close-up photos. It's been fairly well established on this forum IMO that these photos don't give an accurate representation of in-match fast-paced action, either zoomed out so you can see more than just the 5 players contesting the ball or sitting in the stands.
"Ohhhh, was that a goal, ump?"
hitthepost, Saturday at 10:50 AM Report
#69 Finals week 2 predictions
Hoping you wouldn't notice that :p
I think in showing that there IS a clash, they're more useful than in showing that there's not.

I think we can agree that the best matchup is North's full royal :)
Yeah.
I think close-up pictures show differences much clearer, which is why they are good for arguing that there isn't a clash. Like showing a blue Camry and a blue Commodore up close and saying they don't look the same, when the correct perspective for the context is looking at the cars from a plane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back