Fire all Draft Reporters at the Herald Sun!

Remove this Banner Ad

WALL-e

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Magic, Sturt, Ravens, Duke
I'll just start with the 2 I saw in my flick through, and let it be know I only really looked at Adelaise's stuff.

1.) Apparently Farren(wrong spelling) Priest was overlooked and missed out.

2.) Adelaide Tooke Trengove at 22 AND McKernan at 28. Port felt in a giving mood and lobbed us an extra pick. Cheers Port!

that happened so many times it was ridiculous
cant wait to see who he plays for when we play port
also will be good to hopefully see jackson trengrove get a run at some stage

In the article on Shaun McKernan they say "North Melbourne had the chance to pick Shaun - it had the pick before Adelaide - but preferred to go with Murray Bushrangers ruckman Sam Wright".

In their bio on Wright 188cm "Agile medium half forward with good goal sense who can also run through the midfield"

Great stuff HS.

In the article on Shaun McKernan they say "North Melbourne had the chance to pick Shaun - it had the pick before Adelaide - but preferred to go with Murray Bushrangers ruckman Sam Wright".

In their bio on Wright 188cm "Agile medium half forward with good goal sense who can also run through the midfield"

Great stuff HS.

I can see why they passed up on Shaun then, these ruckman-half-forward-midfielders are in high demand!

Danyle Pearce will take the centre bounce next I suppose :)

wall_ryan, it'd be good to see those two lads on each other, they both supposedly have some s**t on the liver, so maybe could turn out a decent fight.

And this ripper.

2mw8t2.jpg

Port Adelaide recruit Jackson Trengove, new Demon Jack Watts and St Kilda draftee Tom Lynch get together during the draft. Picture: Stephen Harman

Advertiser was worse. Jesper Fejlstad or whatever his name is said West Coast selected NN at number 3, followed by Freo taking hill at number 3. Then he said that Vickery was expected to go ahead of Hartlett, but port took Hartlett to groom for the impending retirement of Brendan Lade. Top work there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danyle Pearce will take the centre bounce next I suppose :)

wall_ryan, it'd be good to see those two lads on each other, they both supposedly have some s**t on the liver, so maybe could turn out a decent fight.

Cannons teammates too.

Will help them come to SA and have someone they know too

2.) Adelaide Tooke Trengove at 22 AND McKernan at 28. Port felt in a giving mood and lobbed us an extra pick. Cheers Port![/quote]

And I thought I was the idiot when I read this this morning. Was shocked to see Trengove was going to Adelaide when I could have sworn he was going to Port.:eek:

and the lack of knowledge Andy Maher had when broadcasting the Draft on SEN:thumbsdown:

Haha that was hilarious. In fact all the commentators didnt know anything. They didn't know if his name was Trengrove or Trengove!

They barely talked about Lynch either, I was sitting there going 'guys tell me something about him!!' All I could gather from their random mumblings was that he was a KP Forward...

on the fox draft show Redden was listed as a developing ruckman for the Lions...and Port

i think there was also a player listed at 188kgs...imagine the skinfolds! :eek:

the advertiser have a photo of phil davis with the caption crows number 1 pick phil walsh.

the worst one though is the geelong website. has the info to the wrong mitch brown, you'd think that if we drafted him we would know a bit more about him, instead of thinking he played for the peels colt throughout 2008:p

From The Age on Saturday:

6 CARLTON
CHRIS YARRAN
VITAL INFORMATION 17 (18 next month), from Swan Districts, 180 centimetres, 83 kilograms.
THE RATIONALE Carlton has a spot for a midsized forward, and Yarran is considered by some as one of the top few players, for pure talent, in the draft. It's a perfect fit.
THE COMPLICATION Daniel Rich. It would be no surprise to see him go here should Essendon opt for Yarran. In which case it becomes difficult to place Yarran - he could fall outside the top 10.:eek: The Blues have also been linked to Michael Hurley.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/ne...irst-round-pick/2008/11/29/1227491840994.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back