VFL Footscray vs Werribee @ Avalon Oval Sat 2:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Full stats breakdown (stats not final, will update once CD complete their review)...

Honestly not sure how we didn't win this by 10+ goals

Disposal Efficiency

FO: 68%
WR: 66%

Kicking Efficiency
FO: 58%
WR: 61%

Hitouts / To Advantage
31 / 16 - Sweet
28 / 15 - Martin
4 / 2 - Schache

Hitouts To Advantage

FO: 34
WR: 4

First Possessions
FO: 72
WR: 37

Clearances / Centre Clearances

FO: 61 / 17
WR: 32 / 4

Contested Marks
FO: 11
WR: 10

Marks Inside 50

FO: 12
WR: 8

Defensive 50 Marks
FO: 19
WR: 22

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks

FO: 7

Spoils
FO: 25
WR: 29

Score Launches
5 - Martin
2 - Craig-Peters, Garner, McLean
1 - Bedendo, Hunt, O’Brien, Orgill, Raak, Schache, R. Smith, Sweet, Vandermeer

Inside 50 Efficiency
FO: 51%
WR: 62%

Shots At Goal
FO: 29 (41%)
WR: 16 (56%)

Scoring Profile (Footscray / Werribee)

Set Shot: 7.1 / 9.4
Snap: 2.4 / 0.2
On Run: 1.2 / 1.1
Mark Play On: 0.0 / 1.0
Ground Kick: 0.0 / 0.0

0M-15M: 0.1 / 1.1
15M-30M: 4.5 / 5.2
31M-40M: 5.1 / 0.0
41M-50M: 3.2 / 3.1
51M+: 0.1 / 0.0

Scores Directly From FK/50MP: 2.0 / 3.0
Scores In Time-On: 4.4 / 4.3

Smothers
FO: 9

Champion Data Ranking Points (Supercoach)
126 - Martin
118 - Sweet
106 - Sullivan
98 - Darcy
91 - Garner
86 - Schache
84 - McLean
83 - R. Smith
78 - Hunter
77 - Raak
72 - Orgill
71 - O’Brien
67 - Cleary
64 - Keath
60 - Jones
57 - Craig-Peters
56 - Duryea
54 - Hodge
51 - Hunt
50 - Kellett
47 - Macpherson
42 - Bedendo
27 - Vandermeer

Free Kick Summary
FK.png

Score Sources

SS.png

Player Stats Table

FT.png
kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points

Full stats breakdown (stats not final, will update once CD complete their review)...

Honestly not sure how we didn't win this by 10+ goals

Disposal Efficiency
FO: 68%
WR: 66%

Kicking Efficiency
FO: 58%
WR: 61%

Hitouts / To Advantage
31 / 16 - Sweet
28 / 15 - Martin
4 / 2 - Schache

Hitouts To Advantage

FO: 34

First Possessions
FO: 72
WR: 37

Clearances / Centre Clearances

FO: 61 / 17
WR: 32 / 4

Contested Marks
FO: 11
WR: 10

Marks Inside 50
FO: 12

Defensive 50 Marks
FO: 19
WR: 22

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
FO: 7

Spoils
FO: 25
WR: 29

Score Launches
5 - Martin
2 - Craig-Peters, Garner, McLean
1 - Bedendo, Hunt, O’Brien, Orgill, Raak, Schache, R. Smith, Sweet, Vandermeer

Inside 50 Efficiency
FO: 51%
WR: 62%

Shots At Goal
FO: 29 (41%)
WR: 16 (56%)

Scoring Profile (Footscray / Werribee)
Set Shot: 7.1 / 9.4
Snap: 2.4 / 0.2
On Run: 1.2 / 1.1
Mark Play On: 0.0 / 1.0
Ground Kick: 0.0 / 0.0

0M-15M: 0.1 / 1.1
15M-30M: 4.5 / 5.2
31M-40M: 5.1 / 0.0
41M-50M: 3.2 / 3.1
51M+: 0.1 / 0.0

Scores Directly From FK/50MP: 2.0 / 3.0
Scores In Time-On: 4.4 / 4.3

Smothers
FO: 9

Champion Data Ranking Points (Supercoach)
126 - Martin
118 - Sweet
106 - Sullivan
98 - Darcy
91 - Garner
86 - Schache
84 - McLean
83 - R. Smith
78 - Hunter
77 - Raak
72 - Orgill
71 - O’Brien
67 - Cleary
64 - Keath
60 - Jones
57 - Craig-Peters
56 - Duryea
54 - Hodge
51 - Hunt
50 - Kellett
47 - Macpherson
42 - Bedendo
27 - Vandermeer

Free Kick Summary
View attachment 1460590

Score Sources
View attachment 1460591

Player Stats Table
View attachment 1460593
kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points
Holy s**t that is a pasting in the clearances haha, terrible that we didn’t win this by a lot.

34 HOTA is insane 😂

Darcy stiff only being paid 3 CMs, in reality I think that was probably 5 or 6, definitely had two not awarded due to one they paid the high on him and one being a downfield free for the player who kicked it. Exciting

Probs the best game Sweet has played since he has been on the list.

The special comments guy sounds like he has a line in the club. Gave us good access to what the coaches are working on with some players.

I didn’t watch the game and there are a couple of negative comments on here but stats say he took 14 marks and 19 kicks 1 handball

Most kicks (equal) and marks by any player on the ground today
Super sticky hands, rare for a young bloke to just clunk them one grab like he does. As we’ve seen with Jamarra who came in as a great contested mark, he’s struggled a bit even at VFL level. Naughty was a different beast in that he had the body/athleticism from day one. Obviously it’ll be different for Darcy at AFL level when you’ve got experienced players trying to put body on you, but it bodes well that he’s comfortable in a genuine pack situation, just seems to stand his ground and has the reach on 99% of players in the AFL just gets up and they stick.

That’s the main thing that I’m taking from his game - it’ll translate to AFL level in time because it’s not like Boyd who could do it against juniors with the body difference but it was obvious he just didn’t have those sticky hands as soon as he started matching up against players that could match him for strength.

He lumbers around a bit but I reckon it’s more just how it looks because of his ridiculous size, when he’s had to go he actually covers ground really well, with the long strides he has decent closing speed IMO but probably a bit slower off the mark than your average 190 odd cm player.

His positioning and reading of the play is first rate, his attack on the ball & man is okay he “cracks in” even though he’s a twig. And his ball use off either foot is genuinely sublime, comfortable to swing onto to the left boot, huge distance and looks pretty happy to take aggressive options. I just think his reach makes up for any defiencies he may have with pace there was one example today where he was completely out of position and slow to react but he ended up just throwing a fist out and spoiled it and there was nothing the opposition player could do about it.

He doesn’t have the body strength now but he inevitably ends up at over 100kgs playing weight and by way of his sheer size he’s going to be a huge body and will be very hard to shift off the ball - if he keeps his mobility he’s going to be an incredible player.

There’s just something about him, early days but the way he’s fit in out there coming off zero base he’s one of the most exciting prospects we’ve had in years, and we’ve had a few. I struggle to find a comparison going around at AFL level to be honest, honestly it’s probably English with his mix of skills & attributes, but even still I think he’s wayyyy further along than Timmy was when he came in - and maybe more natural in a key position than Timmy was. The way he marks the footy is a long way ahead of how Timmy did when he first got to the club, and look at him now. Plus he has a bit of natural aggression in his game which I don’t think Timmy has - but Timmy came in with a much larger tank.

Whether it’s forward or back I’m not sure - or really care tbh but the kids got it

I didn’t watch the game and there are a couple of negative comments on here but stats say he took 14 marks and 19 kicks 1 handball

Most kicks (equal) and marks by any player on the ground today

The big problem was the size mismatch, he was a fair bit taller than their full forward and that meant that it was really awkward for him to defend against the ball coming in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super sticky hands, rare for a young bloke to just clunk them one grab like he does. As we’ve seen with Jamarra who came in as a great contested mark, he’s struggled a bit even at VFL level. Naughty was a different beast in that he had the body/athleticism from day one. Obviously it’ll be different for Darcy at AFL level when you’ve got experienced players trying to put body on you, but it bodes well that he’s comfortable in a genuine pack situation, just seems to stand his ground and has the reach on 99% of players in the AFL just gets up and they stick.

That’s the main thing that I’m taking from his game - it’ll translate to AFL level in time because it’s not like Boyd who could do it against juniors with the body difference but it was obvious he just didn’t have those sticky hands as soon as he started matching up against players that could match him for strength.

He lumbers around a bit but I reckon it’s more just how it looks because of his ridiculous size, when he’s had to go he actually covers ground really well, with the long strides he has decent closing speed IMO but probably a bit slower off the mark than your average 190 odd cm player.

His positioning and reading of the play is first rate, his attack on the ball & man is okay he “cracks in” even though he’s a twig. And his ball use off either foot is genuinely sublime, comfortable to swing onto to the left boot, huge distance and looks pretty happy to take aggressive options. I just think his reach makes up for any defiencies he may have with pace there was one example today where he was completely out of position and slow to react but he ended up just throwing a fist out and spoiled it and there was nothing the opposition player could do about it.

He doesn’t have the body strength now but he inevitably ends up at over 100kgs playing weight and by way of his sheer size he’s going to be a huge body and will be very hard to shift off the ball - if he keeps his mobility he’s going to be an incredible player.

There’s just something about him, early days but the way he’s fit in out there coming off zero base he’s one of the most exciting prospects we’ve had in years, and we’ve had a few. I struggle to find a comparison going around at AFL level to be honest, honestly it’s probably English with his mix of skills & attributes, but even still I think he’s wayyyy further along than Timmy was when he came in - and maybe more natural in a key position than Timmy was. The way he marks the footy is a long way ahead of how Timmy did when he first got to the club, and look at him now. Plus he has a bit of natural aggression in his game which I don’t think Timmy has - but Timmy came in with a much larger tank.

Whether it’s forward or back I’m not sure - or really care tbh but the kids got it
Agree. From everything I’ve seen of him to date, is an elite tall in the making. I really rate English, who still has 3-4 years until he hits his peak, but I think Darcy will be even better.

Is Martin cooked or still got a game in him?

Any chance we see a return to Him & English rucking with Naughton & JUH up forward in the last few games if Bruce continues to struggle.

They obviously had absolutely no ruckman? 34 hit outs to advantage is something I’ve never seen before.
Sam Conway, he’s a genuine ruckmen - only young though but his stats for the year seem quite decent. Martin in particular just bullied him out of the contest whilst Sweets tap work was elite, put a number on an absolute platter for our mids

Sam Conway, he’s a genuine ruckmen - only young though but his stats for the year seem quite decent. Martin in particular just bullied him out of the contest whilst Sweets tap work was elite, put a number on an absolute platter for our mids

Yeah, Conway got a lesson in ruck work from Martin and Sweet. He was just getting bodied out by Martin who was easily grabbing the ball and clearing it from the pack.

Yeah, Conway got a lesson in ruck work from Martin and Sweet. He was just getting bodied out by Martin who was easily grabbing the ball and clearing it from the pack.
Is taking the ball out of the ruck counted as a hit out to advantage or do you just get the kick / handball stat?

Is taking the ball out of the ruck counted as a hit out to advantage or do you just get the kick / handball stat?

No, if you take the ball out of the contest it's counted as a hard ball get not a hitout or hitout to advantage. A hitout to advantage is a hitout that reaches a teammate who is able to dispose of the ball.

No, if you take the ball out of the contest it's counted as a hard ball get not a hitout or hitout to advantage. A hitout to advantage is a hitout that reaches a teammate who is able to dispose of the ball.
I do love that I can post a query about statistics just about anywhere on BigFooty and you'll find it with the answer.

What is going on with Lachie Hunter?

I would have expected 30+ disposals and effort max effort to get into the 1s by next week.

An in-form Hunter would be a great boost ☹️
Had to switch wings a few times to get into the play. Most of the play was on the Hawkins wing and Hunter was sometimes on the opposite side. He got more involved in the second half and ended with 24 disposals. May have fallen out of favour or just not showing what the selectors are looking for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back