Footy has a Mark Robinson problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo is the type of bloke that would stop and have a drink with you at the bar if you loved footy. He has no etiquette or standards, just a big ugly dog that wants attention.

Gerard strikes me as the Holier than Thou type who will only mix with those he believes are worthy of his attention.

Reading the OP...it shows he actually tries to do research and doesn't rely on "thources" for his articles. He's prepared to name the ones he speaks to - unlike 2 others we know dopn't do it (gutlessly I might add).
What a load of tripe.

Does the Colingwood 8...11....nah, maybe it was 15, ring a bell?

Bet if you asked her how the weekend of footy went - she wouldn't have a clue about the scores but would know all about the gossip. I can't respect that.

As I said at least Robinson genuinely cares about footy.

Would you trust him to have the slightest clue about things like how the MRP will assess incidents that occurred on the weekend (or even the slightest inclination to read up on how it all works)? I wouldn't.

The way they go about it is very similar - both have their sources whom they use (and are used by, in return) religiously, both are "chief football writers" of their paper chiefly because of their contacts.

Caro is embedded at top of the AFL and has direct access to the good mail from there. Not in club land however, where Robbo is better connected.

Caro obviously speaks more eloquently and presents better on television, as I said.

But as journalists, they're two sides of the same coin.

And is a better writer. Don't beat around the bush with 'more eloquent' and 'presents better'.

She can write; he can't. What's a journalist's primary job again?

Bet if you asked her how the weekend of footy went - she wouldn't have a clue about the scores but would know all about the gossip. I can't respect that.

As I said at least Robinson genuinely cares about footy.

Mate I'm not meaning to be rude but I call bullshit on that. Robbo is as much a part of the muck racking and sniping as Caro and anyone else. It was heckin' Robbo that released the names through the drugs saga. Why did he do that? It was low brow journalism which sums up Robbo to a tee...low brow buffoon.

id say Macavaney is the biggest media problem in AFL landscape today. I can watch plenty of games of football each weekend and not hear or see from Robbo. Bruce on the other hand leaves his shit stain of commentary on the annuls of footy history, and i feel sorry for fans who have him commentate memorable games.

Mate I'm not meaning to be rude but I call bullshit on that. Robbo is as much a part of the muck racking and sniping as Caro and anyone else. It was heckin' Robbo that released the names through the drugs saga. Why did he do that? It was low brow journalism which sums up Robbo to a tee...low brow buffoon.

I think the funniest thing is that whenever he does something like that, he doesn't appear to have the foresight and common sense to realise that clubs, players and coaches (i.e. the people he depends on) are going to be angry with him about it.

Have to laugh at all the posts having a go at Robbo in here. People who take pleasure in bagging Robbo fall into 2 categories:

1. Those who are jealous that Robbo is having a good time living his life making a lot of money doing what he loves while they are posting on forums from their mum's basement
2. Those who don't like him for telling the truth and saying it how it is

Have to laugh at all the posts having a go at Robbo in here. People who take pleasure in bagging Robbo fall into 2 categories:

1. Those who are jealous that Robbo is having a good time living his life making a lot of money doing what he loves while they are posting on forums from their mum's basement
3. None of the above. Merely pity the fool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You Am I fans evidently fall into 2 categories :

1. Those who know things

2. You

3. Those who can see him for the ******* that he is.

I for one am not jealous of Robbo's success, merely totally baffled and dumbfounded by it.

Don't rate him, can't see how he go so high up but then again the modern generation of journalists are all the same. A lot of the players can't stand him, he doesn't conduct quality interviews where new and informative information is extracted from people. Doesn't seem to go out and source stuff, just writes opinion pieces, very negative journalism. Never hear much posative or anything new from him, uninteresting.

3. People who actually understand what a campaigner he is.

1. Mark Robinson needs to stay away from the clear, alcoholic liquids with which he has a strong affinity.

2. Mark Robinson needs to stay away from all forms of Media.

3. Mark Robinson is an idiot.

And is a better writer. Don't beat around the bush with 'more eloquent' and 'presents better'.

She can write; he can't. What's a journalist's primary job again?

To seek the truth AND write good copy?

Sorry, that's what it used to be. For many journos at any rate.

Those days are dwindling. They aren't gone as there are still journalists of real substance in the world.

Caroline Wilson can string sentences together and is very, very good when it suits her. Problem is she spends almost as much time down in the gutter as Robinson does.

They both reflect the state of an industry in crisis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back