Formula One in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Toto goes bang

Wolff: Driver tension may force line-up change

Mercedes says it will consider replacing either Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg if their troubled relationship starts hurting the Formula 1 team.

In a dramatic post-season warning to his drivers made by motorsport boss Toto Wolff, the Austrian claims that the dynamic between them – plus how they work with team members – has become the title-winning outfit's biggest weakness. He says that ongoing difficulties that come up whenever one of the drivers loses are no longer acceptable.

Provided they don't start taking each other out I can't see them changing. Realistically Rosberg has it all to lose, if he moves even to become number 1 somewhere it'll be a step down.

How many pairings from successful teams have gotten along perfectly in the past anyway?
Senna/Prost, Vettel/Webber, Schu/Barrichello.........

Oh wait, yeah you're right.

Senna/Prost, Vettel/Webber, Schu/Barrichello.........

Oh wait, yeah you're right.
If I were Toto, i'd be more worried if Hamilton and Rosberg were getting along. Both want to dominate in what is a gift of a car, so of course there will be tension. All they have to do is out-race their team-mate and they have won a world championship

Rosberg can't outrace Lewis on a consistent basis IMO. On his day he is very very good, the same way AMW was, but even he got closer to a title than Nico ever will.

Rosberg can't outrace Lewis on a consistent basis IMO. On his day he is very very good, the same way AMW was, but even he got closer to a title than Nico ever will.
Yeah I'd have Rosberg and AMW on a pretty similar level.

21 race (******* ridiculous) calendar confirmed for next year. The 19 this year, Germany and Europe (Azerbaijin) returning.

Montreal and Azerbaijin are back to back, which is as hilarious as it is ludicrous.

USA listed as provisional due to its money issues.

Couple of interesting rule changes for next year

The WMSC has officially confirmed Pirelli will make three compounds available to teams for F1 events, with teams now able to pick which type of rubber they want for 10 of their 13 sets available over a weekend.

You'd assume that FP1 and FP2 will be the sessions that teams can't choose rubber for. FP3 onwards will be up to the teams. I'm not sure if the teams have to choose identical numbers of each option for the race (3 prime, 3 option) or whether they can vary the mix (ie 4 sets of the option, 2 sets of the prime)
Furthermore, DRS will be immediately enabled as soon as a Virtual Safety Car period is deactivated, and the VSC will be available for use in practice sessions in an effort to prevent time consuming red flag periods

I'm not a fan of the VSC, but restarting DRS immediately should provide more passing opportunities for the drivers.

They can't lose Texas from the calendar - why is it the most popular and exciting venues seem to end up under threat every five minutes???

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

They can't lose Texas from the calendar - why is it the most popular and exciting venues seem to end up under threat every five minutes???

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Government wants to cut the funding.

The hosting fees for F1 races are a ******* joke. The sooner Bernie's no longer in charge the better.

Its a credit to Australia we still host one. With all that is against us in timezone, travel distance and being a very small market to still have a GP after 30 years is great.

The drivers seem to genuinely love coming down here to start the season as they did at the end of it. It wouldn't work any other way IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends what Illen and his team can do. Use up plenty of tokens in the first half of the year.

Gilles and Jacky got on well.

Aston Martin and Mercedes are owned by Chrysler arent they?
Surely if thats the case itd just be Aston Martin Racing
Chrysler and Mercedes haven't had anything to do with each other for while now, Chrysler is partnered with Fiat. Aston Martin are partially owned by Mercedes, and I think there still might be a very small percentage of Ford ownership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back