List Mgmt. Free Agency 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's brought a house in Melbourne, does that indicate he's most likely to stay or still go.

This years a strong draft with good key forward and defence talent, we should probably bottom out to go backwards to go forwards to fix our major holes in the team.

I hope our club show strong leadership like tigers did with Martin..

He's brought a house in Melbourne, does that indicate he's most likely to stay or still go.

This years a strong draft with good key forward and defence talent, we should probably bottom out to go backwards to go forwards to fix our major holes in the team.

I hope our club show strong leadership like tigers did with Martin..
It could mean he may stay in Melbourne, not necessarily with our club. Agree with what you said about taking a step backwards, getting a top 10 pick for Gibbs, assuming we finish in the bottom half of the ladder, will help us go forward.

20070526081818!CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

Just throwing one out there..................
Jammo not yet signed (reports?).
He is on Twitter, but not included on the displayed #UNITED tweets.
If he were not free agent, would be the type of trade necessary to shake loose a young tall from GWS.
That being an experienced, established KPD to give them a couple of years. He has plenty of currency.
Purely speculation.........................

Is this why Rowe is being given an extended go down back? He has done some good things, but plenty of
"clangers", has been given more latitude than Watson, who seems to be out on the back of one or two hiccups,
despite doing plenty right. . People thinking Watson on the outer, may find that it is more about development.

If he were not free agent, would be the type of trade necessary to shake loose a young tall from GWS.
That being an experienced, established KPD to give them a couple of years. He has plenty of currency.

Is this why Rowe is being given an extended go down back? He has done some good things, but plenty of
"clangers", has been given more latitude than Watson, who seems to be out on the back of one or two hiccups,
despite doing plenty right. . People thinking Watson on the outer, may find that it is more about development.

You certainly are throwing it out there, makes for some interesting speculation though.

My take on it is that Rowe is gone at the end of the season, Watson will be moved on if a suitable trade can be found (this year or next) thus making Jamison a required player on all levels.

In the interim, the club will be looking to find suitable replacements (young, versatile & capable) in defence via the draft and trades.

Very interesting, and the no #united is quite strange, because I am sure he and the club even if he was going to leave would be working his @ss off to make sure he gets a big contract with GWS.. Jamo is great but has been beaten far too often, still without him we would lose every game by 15 goals.

You certainly are throwing it out there, makes for some interesting speculation though.

My take on it is that Rowe is gone at the end of the season, Watson will be moved on if a suitable trade can be found (this year or next) thus making Jamison a required player on all levels.

In the interim, the club will be looking to find suitable replacements (young, versatile & capable) in defence via the draft and trades.

I don't share your confidence that Rowe and Watson will be gone.
We are light on for talls, with question marks over many of them. If we go to the draft the kids are going to need time.
Barring Frawley the KPP free agents are pretty much spoken for. If Frawley moving is for success, why the hell would
he commit to the team just beaten by his club?
On the score of numbers we can't afford to lose a tall without replacing them with a "ready to go" one. As well as this we
need to draft at least two more. We also cannot afford to "sacrifice" a decent mid or youngster with upside.
On current form Garlett is expendable, Robbo has some currency, others we can afford to trade will not pull much more
than loose change.

Far too early to sack Watson, he may not be a superstar, but I expect he can at least be a solid 3rd tall with elite disposal.
I see Henderson, Watson and hopefully the more mobile Giles as our future tall defenders. Jammo of course has a place while
he is here. Kreuzer injury riddled, and MM stating too small for a modern day ruckman (not sure I agree), Warnock limited, so our
rucks need an upgrade. A pinch hitter is handy for a transition period. A solid "swingman" could be handy during the
transition, (I refuse to call it a rebuild) Rowe is never going to be a star but given where we are, I haven't written him off.

Might be wishful thinking, but our lack of urgency in drafting or recruiting talls really smacks of some clandestine deal being
in place for a quality tall.

Really?
A KPD that we have put 4 years worth of development into gone at years end.
I would have thought the club would want to hang onto Watson, particularly after what he showed at the end of last year.

Jamo's last tweet was in March this year and prior to that in 2011.

Maybe that's why he wasn't included.

I saw several players tweet with the #UNITED hashtag but not all have twitter accounts.

I agree we are giving up on Watson far too early, I remember thinking Henderson would not make it as an AFL footballer, but he was given game time and confidence and come good and is now arguably our most important player. KPP always take longer to adapt to the game and level required. I still have faith he could be the player we hoped he would.. I think long term the key will be to get some more key forwards so that Hendo can play back and Watson can play the Maxwell/Gibson/Scarlett role of reading play and mopping up rather than being one on one defender. But whilst it is only him and Jamo down back he has no choice but to play man on man.

We can't afford to lose Jamo, he is one of very few KPP we have with experience...I think most defenders would get exposed when the midfield isn't doing the hard work to help them out. On Watson, I would actually like to see him playing forward. He has a fantastic kick, may be worth a try.

Rower down back is just a learning process for him. I think mick wants to give him chances at both ends and in the ruck to figure out what suits him best. Personally I don't believe he has what it takes at this level and I would rather be investing these game into the likes of Watson.

Others...
White - not sure about this guy, never really been that impressive, not big enough for a KPD.
McInnes - what is the go with this guy?

We should throw everything including the kitchen sink at Frawley...he could be a real key for us permanently leaving Hendo forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No for Watson up forward. He was given a go against Fremantle and played pretty good. And because of that. Never again.
He was injured shortly thereafter, so we haven't really had the opportunity to throw him up forward since. He needs to settle into team before we have that luxury.

No for Watson up forward. He was given a go against Fremantle and played pretty good. And because of that. Never again.

He has the below-the-knees mobility of a Tom Hawkins. Needs the contested marking of a Tom Hawkins though.

Rosa putting off contract talks as he admits he wouldn't mind coming home to Victoria.

Rosa putting off contract talks as he admits he wouldn't mind coming home to Victoria.

Pass.

I don't rate anybody who has gotten knocked out by Ryan Houlihan.

On a side note - two things depress me about the above video:

1. JK marking for us up forward and presenting well, and

2. Clinton Grybas' commentary, since his death we've been forced to endure the likes of BT.

There was a newspaper article a couple of weeks ago and in it mentioned that Jamo would ink a new deal.

I'm more concerned that Jamo is cooked.

He has lost his attacking zeal in the last 2 years, and his body is constantly failing him.

Hope I'm wrong. If were looking elsewhere, I can't see anyone giving up too much for him right now.

I'm more concerned that Jamo is cooked.

He has lost his attacking zeal in the last 2 years, and his body is constantly failing him.

Hope I'm wrong. If were looking elsewhere, I can't see anyone giving up too much for him right now.

To my eyes the last two years he has actually developed an attacking side to his game...and he played every game last year from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back