Fremantle FC V Camry Crows -=Who Will Win ??=-

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone put their hand up to partake in that "Faceoff" thing the Crows are running?

It's all yours if you want it.

I asked a few people but they couldn't do it

Going from the effort the Adelaide counter-part put in, it's quite an intimidating task, don't think many would have enough time for that :eek:

What, Funny because it's true?

I think you'd agree he will be the main target up forward so why wouldn't he be the main target for our defense.

Send Sandi back to sit in front of him, double team him, make sure he doesn't have a clear run at the ball and if he does make sure its out on a lead where Tarrant/McPharlin can keep up with him.

Won't kick goals if the above is happening.

Freo by 20 pts.. for no particular reason.. other than if you cant have some sort of optimism before round 1, then you might as well go home :)

What, Funny because it's true?

I think you'd agree he will be the main target up forward so why wouldn't he be the main target for our defense.

Send Sandi back to sit in front of him, double team him, make sure he doesn't have a clear run at the ball and if he does make sure its out on a lead where Tarrant/McPharlin can keep up with him.

Won't kick goals if the above is happening.

You make it sound so easy. Every team should do that, he won't kick a goal all year! Perfect plan!

Except he's 200cm, has the tank of a Key Position player and the agility of a midfielder. Guys quick enough to go with him aren't big enough and guys big enough aren't quick enough. Double teaming works well if you slow the ball movement down through the guts but on the expanses of Subi that's difficult to do. Your idea is great in theory, I'm not knocking that, it's just extremely simplified. I guarantee you if Tippett gets even a slight break on either of Tarrant or Mcpharlin on the lead they simply wont have the reach to spoil him. No one in the league does.

It's a bit like me saying 'Pavlich runs like a midfielder so if we tag him he won't hurt us'. Easy in theory, disregards the fact he's built like an Ox and is almost an impossible matchup to shut down entirely.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree but I'll be shocked if Tippett doesn't have at least 4 or 5 shots on goal.

Fremantle 9.4.58 def Adelaide 8.8.56
"A last minute goal from Tippett all but sealed the game for Adelaide until..."
FULL REPORT
Best
Fremantle: Mundy, Mayne, Pavlich Adelaide: Tipett, McLoed, Griffin
Goals
Fremantle: Pavlich 3, Mayne, Mundy 2, Hill, Headland
Adelaide: Tipett 4, McLoed, Griffin, Edwards, Dangerfield

What a finish! can't wait for the rest of the season. there won't be too many people bagging Headland after that one!

You make it sound so easy. Every team should do that, he won't kick a goal all year! Perfect plan!

Except he's 200cm, has the tank of a Key Position player and the agility of a midfielder. Guys quick enough to go with him aren't big enough and guys big enough aren't quick enough. Double teaming works well if you slow the ball movement down through the guts but on the expanses of Subi that's difficult to do. Your idea is great in theory, I'm not knocking that, it's just extremely simplified. I guarantee you if Tippett gets even a slight break on either of Tarrant or Mcpharlin on the lead they simply wont have the reach to spoil him. No one in the league does.

It's a bit like me saying 'Pavlich runs like a midfielder so if we tag him he won't hurt us'. Easy in theory, disregards the fact he's built like an Ox and is almost an impossible matchup to shut down entirely.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree but I'll be shocked if Tippett doesn't have at least 4 or 5 shots on goal.

Could say the same with you in regards to Tippet. Guess he'll kick 150 goals this year and win the coleman for the next 8 years running. So simple :rolleyes:

Why even bother defending him, he's so good we may as well just watch :rolleyes:

Never said he wouldn't kick a goal, just said it won't be as influential as most crows supporters think he will be.

Fremantle 9.4.58 def Adelaide 8.8.56
"A last minute goal from Tippett all but sealed the game for Adelaide until..."
FULL REPORT
Best
Fremantle: Mundy, Mayne, Pavlich Adelaide: Tipett, McLoed, Griffin
Goals
Fremantle: Pavlich 3, Mayne, Mundy 2, Hill, Headland
Adelaide: Tipett 4, McLoed, Griffin, Edwards, Dangerfield

What a finish! can't wait for the rest of the season. there won't be too many people bagging Headland after that one!

Disagree, similar to Murphs goal against North in the NAB, did nothing all game except one seagull goal at the end :rolleyes:

I hate playing in WA...

I rarely have much clue about the freo team... but can only hope we do a St Kilda job like we are capable of.

On paper... our squad looks good... only thing half the team aint played a game all season. Ruck is a massive concern. When you are relying on Griffin you know things aint looking good. But like someone said... can Freo capitalise?

Positively... half the side is fit... Tippet looks good, Walker has had a good pre season in the body building competition (but hopelessly out of form).

I think the bookmakers (sportsbet) have it right. Adelaide 1.87 / 1.87 Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate playing in WA...

I rarely have much clue about the freo team... but can only hope we do a St Kilda job like we are capable of.

On paper... our squad looks good... only thing half the team aint played a game all season. Ruck is a massive concern. When you are relying on Griffin you know things aint looking good. But like someone said... can Freo capitalise?

Positively... half the side is fit... Tippet looks good, Walker has had a good pre season in the body building competition (but hopelessly out of form).

I think the bookmakers (sportsbet) have it right. Adelaide 1.87 / 1.87 Freo.
Just checked Betfair $2.04 Freo $1.93 Crows. Close odds nonetheless. Betfair is holding holding $7741. Which compared to the other games except pies/dogs has got a fair bit of interest.

As a crows supporter, who should we be looking out for? Any good young Freo players? Will McPharlin start down back or up forward?

How old is this Adelaide team on average? I'm thinking Crows fans might be in for a bit of a shock this year perhaps as you slide down the ladder. The fade out against Collingwood..what happened. Cost me at the bookies a nice earner that did. Getting on a bit?

How old is this Adelaide team on average? I'm thinking Crows fans might be in for a bit of a shock this year perhaps as you slide down the ladder. The fade out against Collingwood..what happened. Cost me at the bookies a nice earner that did. Getting on a bit?

We have been hearing how old Adelaide is for the last three or four years, but they continue to defy, while I'm tipping Fremantle, I'm a little less confident then most.

Adelaide are the 6th oldest team in the AFL (23 years 312 days). Fremantle are the 8th oldest (23 years 214 days).

Do you reckon Freo will be able to kick a second goal this time? :eek:

:p

Haha in all seriousness it should be a close game. Tippett and Sandilands loom as the most important players for the respective sides. Can the likes of Tarrant and McPharlin stop Tippo? Can Maric/Griffin negate Big Sandi? only time will tell.

My tip: Crows by 18 points.

PS. Keep names like "Camry Crows" on bay 13. They don't belong on club boards proper. If you want respect, be respectful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back