Autopsy Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Freo beat Port by 8 - Positives and Negatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the game again, Fred. I was there and have watched the replay. You?

Admittedly, he did lift his game in the last quarter.

Of course I was there and have watched the replay also.
I really can't understand your criticism of him and particularly, in yesterday's game.
The coach's VOTES this week should be interesting.
I have him top 5.
You appear to be at odds with mine and Ross' opinion of his value to the team.

So I guess this means you are a truly gutless wonder who doesnt have any courage in his convictions. I have actually never pumped up D.Pearce to be anything other than a player who's recruitment has made us a significantly better team. Ive always said since we started our communications he sits between 10 -14 in terms of our most important players. My problem with your arguments is that they are truly absurd in their level of being over the top and that your footy IQ makes Hackdorn look like a deadset footy mastermind in comparison.

So, Do you take the bet or not? Considering the truly absurd posts you make I would have thought it would be no-brainer in your mind that D.Pearce would not be in the top 14, but I guess you have just admitted even you dont agree with the opinions you post here.
Why you quoting me?

So I guess this means you are a truly gutless wonder who doesnt have any courage in his convictions. I have actually never pumped up D.Pearce to be anything other than a player who's recruitment has made us a significantly better team. Ive always said since we started our communications he sits between 10 -14 in terms of our most important players. My problem with your arguments is that they are truly absurd in their level of being over the top and that your footy IQ makes Hackdorn look like a deadset footy mastermind in comparison.

So, Do you take the bet or not? Considering the truly absurd posts you make I would have thought it would be no-brainer in your mind that D.Pearce would not be in the top 14, but I guess you have just admitted even you dont agree with the opinions you post here.
Ha ha, goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes. Get back to me when you're somebody.

Oh hello, I've shaken a dickhead out of its tree.

Way to back your favourite. You pump him up like he's a champion and then don't even back him to finish top 10 after only missing one game this year. What a joke.

When I'm at the game, who do you think I watch the most? Do you even go?

EDIT: Just noticed this:
What are your other usernames?

No other usernames, but I would not want you to get off on a technacality and simply post under a different username. Again, Do you take the bet or not? You truly have no courage of your convictions if you dont take this bet.

Last edited:
Of course I was there and have watched the replay also.
I really can't understand your criticism of him and particularly, in yesterday's game.
The coach's VOTES this week should be interesting.
I have him top 5.
You appear to be at odds with mine and Ross' opinion of his value to the team.
Fine, you don't understand my criticism of him. Do I care? No.

Have a lot of fireside chats with Ross do we?

Ha ha, goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes. Get back to me when you're somebody.

So, after all the rubbish you have posted you argee that D.Pearce will finish top 14 in the B& F in 2014. That totally to discredits everything you have posted about him on this site. Thanks for agreeing with me finally.

By the way, can you please keep the comedy relief going. Your post about how we should consider dropping Pav for Apeness, Gumby or Bradley was comedy gold of the highest order.

Remember when you consider the disposal efficiency of a long kicking player that any kick over 40m that isn't directly intercepted by an opponent is considered a target hit.

It is particularly friendly to guys who kick out of defence to the boundary line and wingers who bomb it long inside fifty to the advantage of nobody.

Fine, you don't understand my criticism of him. Do I care? No.

Have a lot of fireside chats with Ross do we?

No. I tried to phone him this week but he was a little busy because of the six day break. Presumably, his obsession with continuing to play Danyle every week
is because his opinion of his value to us is the same as mine and many others.
I think he may win us a grand final this year and short of contracting Ebola, will play against Sydney next week.

Remember when you consider the disposal efficiency of a long kicking player that any kick over 40m that isn't directly intercepted by an opponent is considered a target hit.

It is particularly friendly to guys who kick out of defence to the boundary line and wingers who bomb it long inside fifty to the advantage of nobody.

If that is the measure then so be it. All players are assessed under that criteria.
What does that do for the Club champion Peter Bell who never kicked a ball further than 36.7 metres in his life ? :p

Are you mentioning this because you think Reg is right??? Because Danyle Pearce had a bloody good game. He set up goals with precision long kicking. It is harder to kick to an unmarked player if you kick 40 metres, that's why they make it easier to get an effective stat. Pearce has added to our team with his inside 50s and outside running. He is also very quick to get boot to ball when in a tight situation.

Reg has the blinkers on when he watches Pearce. Which is a shame, because it means he misses a lot of good play by Fremantle.

So, after all the rubbish you have posted you argee that D.Pearce will finish top 14 in the B& F in 2014. That totally to discredits everything you have posted about him on this site about him. Thanks for agreeing with me finally.
I agree no such thing.

You didn't answer my question, do you go to any games?
By the way, can you please keep the comedy relief going. Your post about how we should consider dropping Pav for Apeness, Gumby or Bradley was comedy gold of the highest order.
I'm glad you liked it. I'm still struggling to find the value adding in your posts.

Last edited:
Are you mentioning this because you think Reg is right??? Because Danyle Pearce had a bloody good game. He set up goals with precision long kicking. It is harder to kick to an unmarked player if you kick 40 metres, that's why they make it easier to get an effective stat. Pearce has added to our team with his inside 50s and outside running. He is also very quick to get boot to ball when in a tight situation.

Reg has the blinkers on when he watches Pearce. Which is a shame, because it means he misses a lot of good play by Fremantle.
I only want to make sure everyone has all the information to make up their own mind.

Personally I find it easier to kick longer distance because the target has time to adjust before the ball is on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently, Reg rates D.Pearce in the best 14 players at Freo in 2014. I think we have all misread his views.

I only want to make sure everyone has all the information to make up their own mind.

Personally I find it easier to kick longer distance because the target has time to adjust before the ball is on them.

Pavlich didn't miss a step when that 56 metre missile lobbed on his chest from Danyle. Pav made the lead and Bang.

A bloody good game? Which one was this?

I have my eyes wide open. When Danyle shirks a contest, they get wider.

Pavlich didn't miss a step when that 56 metre missile lobbed on his chest from Danyle. Pav made the lead and Bang.
It was a lovely kick indeed, perfectly weighted. If only that was the norm rather than the exception.

I think there was a moment where Ballas had four touches and three score involvements yesterday.

As far as I'm concerned the key stats in modern football are assisted meters gained, meters gained and score involvements.

Edit. Oh and pressure acts. (1%ers)

I hear Ross Lyon talking about score assists. But he also talks about inside 50s a lot. So I reckon that's a reasonably useful stat. Along with turnovers, and hit out to advantage.

A bloody good game? Which one was this?

I have my eyes wide open. When Danyle shirks a contest, they get wider.

Bullshit. If Pearce does something great, You say that's what he should be doing. If he makes a mistake, you want to hang him from the nearest tree, even though every player in the AFL makes mistakes.
The number of each don't matter; you've already made up your mind.

You are just the latest in a long line of posters on this board who have a blind spot for one of our players.
The interesting thing is that the scapegoat varies depending on who the poster is, not on who the player is.

I agree no such thing.

You didn't answer my question, do you go to any games?
I'm glad you liked it. I'm still struggling to find tha value adding in your posts.

I shift between watching games live and watching games on TV. I go to around seven - eight games a year and watch a ton of preseason and WAFL when I can. Im not a full member because I have commitments which involve charity work that means I cant always make every game.

The comedy gold comment was regard to your comment about how Pav should be replaced by Bradley, Apeness or Gumby which was easily the stupidest post Ive ever read on big footy by a very long margin.

There you go I have answered two of your questions. Is there any danger you will answer one of mine in regard to the bet and the top 14 finish? Make the bet if you dont think he will.

It seems bizare that you make the comments you do but you still think D.Pearce will finish in the top 14 of our best and fairest.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back