Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pathetic "AFL Trade Rumours and Offseason News" facebook page is reporting that Aish 'is set on going to Collingwood' despite the Hun and AFL.com.au saying otherwise. That page is surely run by Collingwood supporters.

Out of curiosity, if Aish re-signs now, how will folks feel about him?

I ask because for me Bradshaw never came close to being a fave because he played a similar game (at a time when the club was less...desperate...). For pretty much all of this past season I felt particularly remote from Aish to the point where I can't envisage getting excited about him re-signing. If he does re-sign I'll just assume that he went to market, didn't find a better offer so he will focus on showing better form and see what's around for every season henceforth, regardless of contract status. Welcome to the world of virtually unrestricted free agency...

Just wondering if I'm an outlier in this regard, or...
Depends on how long he signs for... If it's 12 months I won't be happy.... 2 years I'll be ok.... 3 years and he's one of us.

That pathetic "AFL Trade Rumours and Offseason News" facebook page is reporting that Aish 'is set on going to Collingwood' despite the Hun and AFL.com.au saying otherwise. That page is surely run by Collingwood supporters.
It is run by Collingwood ferals mate.

Only if the headline's written by Sean Connery!

1306528040_sean-connery8.jpg

Lions have an Aish in the Hole, Moneypenny.

What are you talking about? Here is the post that the AFL trade and offseason page posted

"James Aish is set to re-sign with the Brisbane Lions, despite speculation all year that he wants out."

I can't see anything wrong with it.

There's two rumour Facebook pages, one with a blue profile picture and one with a red one

The blue one is full of Collingwood fans crying about losing beams; the red one isn't as popular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I right in saying that it would be impossible for Collingwood to get both Treloar and Aish?

Why doesn't it? I thought we were pretty set on Schache.

From what I can gather the Lions would take either. Schache has been linked to Brisbane because his father played for them and he was quoted that it would be pretty cool if he ended up there to "finish the job" or words to that effect. As Weitering is widely expected to be Pick No. 1 and Carlton have Pick No. 1, the expectation is that Carlton will select him there leaving Schache at No. 2 for the Lions. If they don't and Carlton select Schache then the Lions will snap up Weitering.

For those reasons I very much doubt that a "deal" between Carlton and Brisbane has been struck. It's just baseless media speculation.

What are you talking about? Here is the post that the AFL trade and offseason page posted

"James Aish is set to re-sign with the Brisbane Lions, despite speculation all year that he wants out."

I can't see anything wrong with it.

I'm talking about

"James Aish has his heart set on playing for Collingwood next season, but only if a trade can be secured.

The Lions have taken a hardline stance with Aish, telling him to either sign-on with the club, or nominate for the draft as the club "won't" trade him to the Pies.

Are Brisbane handling this the right way?"

Posted three hours ago in spite of todays headlines. Just felt like they are completely and utterly twisting it to allieviate any sort of good news from it, and it reeks of jealousy from the Collingwood camp.

I'm talking about

"James Aish has his heart set on playing for Collingwood next season, but only if a trade can be secured.

The Lions have taken a hardline stance with Aish, telling him to either sign-on with the club, or nominate for the draft as the club "won't" trade him to the Pies.

Are Brisbane handling this the right way?"

Posted three hours ago in spite of todays headlines. Just felt like they are completely and utterly twisting it to allieviate any sort of good news from it, and it reeks of jealousy from the Collingwood camp.

If players want out these days, they go. No one signs a contract because they are bullied into it.

The more articles with Collingwood in them, the more page clicks.

"ongoing stand off between player and club Aish'ent history as young cub resigns"

"P'aish'ence pays off as young cub signs on"

"Young Cub grows Faish'al hair in bali to hide from waiting media upon return home"

"Aish'ton Kutcha to make sequel to hit movie, "Dude where's my contract?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back