GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

GDCA is a bit of a dinosaur. The weather was a bit unprecedented, compounded by the GF replay, however ‘the old boy clubs’ that run the comp have been found out to be seen as a little bit unorganised. To not have any policy in place for a GF replay or full round washout has come back to nip the league in the arse.

I have one of the following winning Sullivan medal
- Hughes (United)
- Grey
Both consistent and played in a lot of winning games.

Fisk is a no as he made so many runs in just one knock.

O’Loughlin – smokey

Hughes from (Riddell) – figures suggest he must have got lucky early or he is out of form now. Could have picked up 3 votes (ala) C Judd in consecutive games at the start of the season may make an interesting winner.

Flag winners- well I think there is a chance united have made room in the cabinet, but I reckon anyone in the top four can take it, with marsh providing good value.

B Grade – Sunbury, St Anthonys and the Woodsmen all hunting for a flag to send Gisborne packing, I guess the dragons are backing the Marsh to save them.

Funny story coming out of Gisborne Vs United Game. Callum Jackman has said that he will be Giving Hughes from United that much of a sledging that Hughes won't play the Finals as Jackman has said that what he is going to say will make Hughes HIT HIM. Funny stuff, Hughes i think in his 40's and played down town for a number of years a would think that he has heard it all.
PS, does Jackman know Hughes's Army back ground, could be interesting after the game. :D

Funny story coming out of Gisborne Vs United Game. Callum Jackman has said that he will be Giving Hughes from United that much of a sledging that Hughes won't play the Finals as Jackman has said that what he is going to say will make Hughes HIT HIM. Funny stuff, Hughes i think in his 40's and played down town for a number of years a would think that he has heard it all.
PS, does Jackman know Hughes's Army back ground, could be interesting after the game. :D
Any updates on this bru-haha?, sounds intersting if true. 3 Woodend teams with home finals next week. 3 out of 5 aint bad Rocket has to be up for coach of the year surely.:rolleyes:, Cgrade not far off beating Hesket outright, though hopefully we get to meet them in the finals for some redemption, yehyeorr

Good luck to all in the finals hope no rain that would sum up the year if there is washouts. We might be lucky.The Ashfield E-Graders will be Keen for runs.Big Weekend Ahead

good luck to all in the finals hope no rain that would sum up the year if there is washouts. We might be lucky.the ashfield e-graders will be keen for runs.big weekend ahead
macedon e grade would have to be the luckiest team in cricket this year. 8/80 chasing 200 when the fog rolled in, umpires call it off and they into grand final. Funny if rain/fog comes back this week. Would sum up a pain in the arse of a season.

macedon e grade would have to be the luckiest team in cricket this year. 8/80 chasing 200 when the fog rolled in, umpires call it off and they into grand final. Funny if rain/fog comes back this week. Would sum up a pain in the arse of a season.

4/60 odd when the rain came down for roughly 45 mins .pitch was under water. but yes very lucky to get through,spose the advantage of finishing 2nd.

4/60 odd when the rain came down for roughly 45 mins .pitch was under water. but yes very lucky to get through,spose the advantage of finishing 2nd.

C/Cut have you heard Hughes not coaching United anymore, apparently just playing. Interesting wouldn't you think??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About time someone posted the odds for McIntyre Cup. I wouldn't mind the usual commentary that goes with the odds. Apparently SUCC are odds on again according to Sportsbet!

What about odds for b grade? Sshould be a tuff contest between sunbury and ashfield but I think gisborne have to be favrites now that they have stolen Lock from romsey. Would think he will be far too good for b grade

What about odds for b grade? Sshould be a tuff contest between sunbury and ashfield but I think gisborne have to be favrites now that they have stolen Lock from romsey. Would think he will be far too good for b grade

Stolen him back, don't you mean. From memory Lock was hardly a star at Gisborne before he went to Romsey. He took his game to a new level at the Redbacks.

I didn't realise lock was from gisborne. Either way he should destroy b grade bowlers. I make gisborne 1.20 favrites with Sunbury and ashfield the other serious contendors at $1.50

McIntyre will be anybodies this year as I hear grey is not playing for united so that should bring them back to the pack. My monies on riddell

Ashfield have been informed that our 1st grade will be D-Grade very dissapointed with decision but we brought it upon ourselves with Shocking batting.We will bounce bck.On a positive preperation has been great plenty of numbers new young recruits and a 3rd team for the 1st time in a long time.Can't wait for Cricket

Ashfield have been informed that our 1st grade will be D-Grade very dissapointed with decision but we brought it upon ourselves with Shocking batting.We will bounce bck.On a positive preperation has been great plenty of numbers new young recruits and a 3rd team for the 1st time in a long time.Can't wait for Cricket
What grades are u fielding this yr WS33?

good luck to the ashfield boys for the coming season, hope you guys get your numbers for 3 teams and that you can get back into the higher grades...was a great club to play for many moons ago

Any truth to the rumor that lancefield firsts are b grade this tear? Prob where they should be with the catton boys and patto's back too aparently

Round 1 is finaly here so lets hope the rain can stay away and not get to many wash outs like last year. Its been a bit quite on here lately so maybe lets say who we think the best 1 and 2 day players are in the comp and why. Mine is:

1 dayers Jason Lock (gisborne) because on the weekend he again showed us his potensial by scoring 21 runs in a 22 parternership with a district first player up the other end. Scores quicker than anyone else. Shame that age is not on his side or he would be a chance to earn big dollars here or in the IPL.

2 dayers is Jame Hughes (united) because he's record speaks for itself. Probably the best allrounder the comp has ever produced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back